Pittypat's Porch, Atlanta

Doggy bag
    by cvilla007
  • Pitty Pat's Porch, Atlanta Georgia: The worst meal I ever paid for

by QuatsinoGirl Written Jul 8, 2010

First sign of problems is that the air conditioning was not working. Not a good thing in Atlanta. They sat our group in the basement- low lighting. Very homey atmosphere, but upon closer inspection could see things were thread bare and worn out. Place looks like the carpet has never been replaced in 40 years. Sad taxidermy stuffed animal heads on walls have seen better days. Framed photos of celebrities and Hollywood Stars from the 1950's- guess this was the restaurant's hey day. Cluttered looking. Cockroach in the bathroom!!! Hole in ceiling tile had been filled with expandable foam insulation and never trimmed off or painted over. Tiny salad bar. Our special menu was a three coarse vegetarian meal and cost $35 per person. For what we received food wise, this was simply gouging innocent tourists. We should have walked out. Meal for our group came to $148.01. Have never in my life spent so much money for the worst meal we have ever paid real money for. Please! Avoid Pitty Pat's Porch in downtown Atlanta at all costs. It was pitiful and pathetic. The owner of the restaurant should be ashamed.

Favorite Dish: No favorites

• Business Travel

• Pitty Pat's Porch: Pitty expensive

by MidtownNole Written Dec 10, 2009

First of all i can't believe this sight does not have southern cuisine as a theme.

Anyways, Pitty Patts is really not that great especially for the price. People from the south should know that a piece of fried chicken does not cost $20. If you want real southern food and not all the b.s. go to Mary Mac's Tea Room. You will save money and definitely eat better.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Pitty Pat's Porch: Downtown's Southern Hospitality

by ATXtraveler Written Nov 3, 2008

On a past business trip to Atlanta, I was staying in the downtown area, with no one joining me until the next day, no camera to take pictures of the sights, and no transportation as I waited for my co-workers to show up the next day. I decided to walk around the downtown area, which is truly a ghost town at night and look for a good meal. Mission accomplished at Pitty Pat's Porch, where Southern Hospitality is a mantra, and good old fashioned food is available.

Pitty Pat's is named after the character in Gone with the Wind, who was known for her hospitality and this place does not disappoint. While here, I started with the Shrimp Charleston, which is a Southern version of the Shrimp Cocktail. For dinner, I had the fried chicken, which was delicious, and did not seem fried. I finished with the Pecan Pie, which was one of the best slices I have ever tasted.

Overall, I would recommend this place if you are located in the downtown area, but I would not drive out of my way to come downtown to eat here with some of the other options that are available. I also found the prices a little outside of the reality of Southern food prices, although they do have to pay the expensive downtown rent.

• kxner's Profile Photo

Pittypat's Porch: Pecan Crusted Catfish Fingers

by kxner Updated Jun 1, 2008

Yes, it's touristy and expensive. But I would go back there in a heartbeat to have the pecan-crusted catfish finger appetizer!! Everything else was pretty much average, even the pecan pie ... but that catfish was yummy!!

• Aquarium

• Pittypat's Porch: Poor Service and bad attitudes

by joann0804 Updated Jul 23, 2006

the food was good...at least the salad bar was, we where in Atlanta for a trade show...really not hungry for a big meal, so we just had the salad bar...although the food on other tables looked great....our waitress was horrible...when I complained to the manager...he told me that we did not eat anything even he was terribly rude too...well....our bill was $50.00 for 4 salads...I'd say that was something...I get better service from the drive up at any McDonalds than we did there...I feel like you should get the same service no matter what you are getting off the menu, even if it's just coffee....so not only would I not eat there again, neither would I recommend it to anyone.

• Business Travel

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Pittypat's Porch: Its overpriced..its a tourist trap....its FUN

by littlesam1 Updated May 19, 2006

Pittypats's Porch is as much a tourist trap as it is a restaurant. But its a fun place to visit if you are in Atlanta for a few days. You will not meet any local people here. What you will meet are other tourists having an over priced meal. The theme of the restaurant is taken from Aunt Pittipats porch in the movie Gone With The Wine. You receive little fans to keep your self cool that also serve as your menu and a souvineer from your experience. There are rocking chairs lined up on a balcony overlooking the restaurant like a large front porch where you will wait for your table to be ready. It is not easy to find because its sign is very small and its located on a narrow side street bordering the towering Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel. The hotel is so tall that it shades the entire street and you will walk right past the restaurant before you realize it. So if your a Gone With The Wind fan and want to spend an imaginary afternoon at Aunt Pittipats house check out Pittipats Porch. If you are looking for a moderately priced family meal just wave at Aunt Pittipat and keep walking.

• laurancameron's Profile Photo

Pittypat's Porch: Southern Hospitality Perfected!

by laurancameron Updated Feb 5, 2006

The food was exquisit it made you feel right at home. The location is quirky with a quaint southern home in the middle of down town Atlanta. The people were so kind and inviting. The taste was perfection. I would go to Atlanta just to eat at Pittypat's corner and I would be more than satisfied!
    And that's saying a lot comming all the way down from New York :)

Favorite Dish: Gumbo-perfectly cooked, the perfect ratio of ingredients.

• cvilla007's Profile Photo

Pittypat's Porch: Real good southern food, y'all!

by cvilla007 Written Feb 22, 2004

Doggy bag

Every tourist must visit Pittypat's Porch in downtown Atlanta. This place has been here forever, and it is the ultimate southern restaurant. Try an authentic Mint Julep with your meal.

Favorite Dish: Best ribs in town...The chicken wings are really good too!

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Pittypat's Porch: A Really Nice Restaurant

by seagoingJLW Written Jan 4, 2004

Logo

the food was excellent. The ambiance was great. We simply enjoyed it.

Favorite Dish: Any of the real southern dishes. This is southern cooking at its finest.

Instant Answers: Atlanta

Comments

Hotels Near Pittypat's Porch