Amtrak (Train), Atlanta

Know about this? Rate It!

Brookwood Station/Amtrak Atlanta
    by dustmon
  • Amtrak (Train)
    by Eileenrose
  • Amtrak Crescent train from Atlanta to NY NY

by baktally Written Jul 25, 2011

I started my vacation via Amtrak from Atlanta, GA. The train was two hours & 20 minutes late in boarding. My daughter & I sat in the Atlanta train station & it was freezing! The location of the station is NOT in a good area of Atlanta. We had to park across the street, dragging our luggage with us. There are no parking spaces (very limited) close to the station. The Amtrak staff at this location were very rude. When I tried to inquire or ask questions, they acted as though I was bothering them.

The Crescent Amtrak train caused my daughter & I to miss our connection in NY city. There were no other trains leaving that evening to Syracuse. Because we had no place to stay & were new to the city, we took a bus to Syracuse. Grant it, Amtrak did reimburse me for that portion of the cost.

The Crecent train was so cold that all passengers wore coats, hoods & hats on the train. We absolutely froze all night! The food on board was expensive and not very good at all. So, I advise anyone to bring a heavy coat (even in summer), mittens, blankets and your own food/drinks. The train also stunk so bad, it almost made my daughter sick. The smell carried through all cars. Not to mention the toilet getting clogged frequently. You may want to add to your list of things to take; nose plugs and/or mask.

The Crescent was a joke! Would I ride it again? No way & you couldn't pay me to do so!

• Trains

• Atlanta has always been a...

by Eileenrose Written Aug 25, 2002

Atlanta has always been a great railroad town and you can still arrive in style by Amtrak train. To find out all you need to know about train travel throughouut the USA and Canada, including rail passes and tips from other travelers, check out the website at http://www.usa-by-rail.com

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Brookwood Station--Amtrak

by dustmon Written May 30, 2011

Brookwood Station/Amtrak Atlanta

My son has used this mode of transportation to get to New York and back and loved it---for those who need it, this is the main Train/Amtrak station for Atlanta, right on Peachtree Road in Midtown---easy cabs and MARTA buses right at the exit. Also very close to some of Atlanta's best art galleries.

• Trains