Looking to move
I'm looking to move within the next 6 months to Marietta. I have searched Google for areas suitable for a family, and places near Murdock Rd area were recommended. Is this a good area for a family?
Bums. Bums. and More Bums.
Downtown near Underground is a place to go if you want to give out change and cigarettes and hear sob stories about needing money to get to church on a friday.
They don't even try to make up believable stories any longer.
The secret to the Atlanta bum is persistance. They will follow you and berate you for money as long as they think they can without fearing immediate physical harm.
I have yet to find a nice way just to ignore their advances like other cities. So i usually walk towards the nearest Police officer or to an Office Building to guard against their advances.
Atlanta Hartsfield Airport SUCKS!
More so than any other I find this airport to be completely unpredictable when it comes to lines for security or check-in. Always give yourself at least 2 hours at ATL just because you can never tell. Also even with the tram system it is a hike to other terminals so be careful when making connections that you leave enough time between flights.Related to:
- Business Travel
- Budget Travel
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
can i have a dollar?
look, every city in america, or in fact, all over the world have your street people asking for hand outs. out of all the citys in america, atlanta has to be the worse. dont be affraid to say "no". when i first went to atlanta i use to be a sucker and i'd be passing out dollars all day. then i realized if i kept it up, i'd be asking for dollars soon. 90% of the stories they tell u about why they need the money are lies. it may sound mean, but dont even give them a chance to talk, or you'll be hounded by them all day.
As a result of some town in...
As a result of some town in New York making it illegal to carry firearms in the 60s or 70s or so, Kennesaw decided to 'show them yankees' and do the opposite. They added a law that all homes in the city of Kennesaw must have at least one firearm. However, if you have 'strong religious beliefs', or if you are mentally unstable, you may apply for a permit NOT to own a firearm. In other words, it is not the safest place to try to break into a home.
While the law may sound old fashioned and ... well... completely insane, and while the law is often considered a sleeping law that is not upheld, the law was indeed renewed when it was to expire at the turn of the century (1999-2000). The decision to keep the law, however, seems to be motivated by the character and uniqueness it gives the city, rather than a wish to enforce it.
A man died recently after...
A man died recently after eating at El Azteca Mexican Restaurant on Ponce de Leon Ave. This surprised no one I know who's ever eaten there. Avoid.
This is the old Omni where the...
This is the old Omni where the Atlanta Hawks(NBA team) played. Right next to this arena is the CNN center and the park where the bomb went off during the 1996 Olympics. I just got here 2 months later. It was really weird walking through the park.
The Four Seasons rates 5 stars in almost all surveys and for great reasons. Location, amenities,...more
Check in was great; given a larger room to accommodate an extra person. That is where the good...more
This is a great bargain in the fancy Buckhead area of town. It has nice, large rooms. Lots of...more
Latest Atlanta Hotel Reviews
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atlanta/Buckhead
- Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Westin Peachtree Plaza
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 14 Reviews
- Holiday Inn Express Atlanta - Perimeter/Ashford Dunwoody
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Staybridge Suites Atlanta Perimeter Center - Mt Vernon
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Red Roof Inn Atlanta Airport North
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Explore the World
- Bangalore Hotels
- Tacloban City Hotels
- Grapevine Hotels
- Ayia Napa Hotels
- Lloret de Mar
- San Francisco Warnings and Dangers
- Kuala Lumpur Warnings and Dangers
- Budapest Warnings and Dangers
- Lisbon Warnings and Dangers
- Manali Warnings and Dangers
- Marrakesh Warnings and Dangers
- Fiji Warnings and Dangers
- Saint Lucia Warnings and Dangers
- Barcelona Warnings and Dangers
- Baguio Warnings and Dangers
- Munnar Warnings and Dangers
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Warnings and Dangers