Blue Ridge Restaurants

Black Sheep Restaurant interior
    Black Sheep Restaurant interior
  • Margaret Mitchess, author of Gone With the Wind
    Margaret Mitchess, author of Gone With...

Most Recent Restaurants in Blue Ridge

HARVEST ON MAIN: USES PRODUCE/MEATS ONLY FROM LOCAL FARMS & RANCHES

by myaggie2 Written Dec 17, 2013

Had lunch there twice (so far) with my mother. Everything we ordered each time was delightful.

Farm fresh. Their food is gourmet quality. The menu is limited for a reason. I'm so impressed with the way their menu is dictated by whatever is in season from their contributing farmers and ranchers. Your veggies, fruit, meat, poultry and even most fish I think, is all purchases from local cooperatives. Just as in days of old, your meals are only what the earth can provide you with each season.

You must try this place more than once.

Southern Charm: A Nice Surprise Destination

by myaggie2 Updated Dec 17, 2013

We wanted a new place to eat and our GPS didn't list this as an area restaurant, but we chose one named "Blue Orleans Bistro." The GPS lead us straight to Southern Charm and announced we had reached our destination. (But no "Orleans Bistro" in sight)

Southern Charm looked good so we went inside. It was charming with old southern atmosphere and cozy fire on this cold December day (2013). Our waitress, Karen, was one of the best servers I have had in years. She was as delightful as the food.

Favorite Dish: I normally NEVER order chicken anywhere. I love chicken but only the way I make it, so I go with other menu choices when dining out. But this time I took a chance on their chicken pot pie. It was delicious, even to my picky-chicken-palate. My mom got the talapia and said it so flaky and spiced so flavorfully she didn't even need the tartar sauce supplied.

We ordered the apricot chicken as a meal to take home and can't wait to try it. We will definitely return many times!

• Photography
    • Trains

Black Sheep Restaurant Bar & Patio: Restaurant with a Great History

by myaggie2 Written Dec 17, 2013
    Ronnie's Lasagna, fried Macn Cheese, Chkn Carbona

Steven & Angela Oyer and Chef Ron Farber, who collectively have 30 years in the business. They call their style of cooking “new southern comfort food,” such as Asian tuna nachos, BBQ pulled pork, deluxe steaks, the best of seafood, tasty sandwiches, flavorful chicken dishes.

They offer Sunday Brunch menus (changes often): http://www.blacksheepblueridge.com/pdf/brunch.pdf. And their main menus, which also change regularly. http://www.blacksheepblueridge.com/menu.html The variety is wonderful.

To insure seating you must make reservations, but they also accept walkins if there is room open.

I’m definitely going back many times. I learned the owner/chef is also a photographer so I may get to visit some day with him about our joint interest

The ambience is charming. I love the history of the place (photos included). The historic Butt House (circa 1914) was built by Colonel William Butt, one time alderman and Mayor of Blue Ridge, Attorney, and member of the Georgia Legislature.

Colonel William Butt and his wife, Fanny Butt, were prominent and beloved members of the community. They frequently held social gatherings in their home. Notable friend Margaret Mitchell, author of Gone With The Wind, visited the home on several occasions.

Fanny Butt hosted a tea in the home to honor Mrs. Mitchell and all those invited dressed in Gone With The Wind costumes.

The Butt home was one of the first homes in Fannin County to have indoor plumbing, most of the windows and marble steps are original. The home has been given a gentle facelift to restore it to its original glory.

Favorite Dish: My first visit in December 2013, I tried their vegetarian dish, fried macaroni and cheese on a bed of fresh steamed spinach and squash. I can’t describe how delicious this was – the crusty round exterior with creamy cheesy center was a brand new taste sensation for me. And where most restaurants fail by throwing in a canned or hastily prepared side dish, The Black Sheep excelled. Both the spinach leaves and squash were fresh and perfectly steamed. My compliments to the chef is when I learned they use a separate chef dedicated to vegetarian dishes.

My mother ordered Ronnie’s Lasagna, Three cheeses, beef, pork and veal with meat gravy. Owner chef Ronnie uses his grandmother’s recipe. I’m not a meat lover, but on tasting it I have to comment that the cheeses and sauce were delectable. My mother loved it. Our friend tried the Chicken Carabona, which was the pasta of the day, and she said it couldn’t have been better.

They offer vegan, gluten free and vegetarian dishes upon request. The chef is Ron Farber with over 30 years experience, and a chef dedicated to vegetarian dishes, some of the best I’ve tasted.

They offer a full bar, liquor, specialty cocktails, and some craft beers, also a very fine wine list suited to all price ranges. Beautiful outdoor seating in good weather. And they are available to cater your special events.

• Seniors

• sunlovey's Profile Photo

Blue Ridge Barbeque: BBQ in Blue Ridge

by sunlovey Written Oct 4, 2007

Oreo the big stands out front, you can't miss him!

Good old fashioned BBQ at great prices... Sit inside or outside on the porch. You order your food at the window, pay, and then they call your name when your grub's ready. BBQ sauce and paper towels are on every table. And of course, you'll find sweet tea here. A southern staple.

Favorite Dish: Sounds weird, but their corn nuggets were AWESOME!!!!!

• rmurphy's Profile Photo

Best Italian: Mama Rosa's: Plenty of "down home" cooking

by rmurphy Written Oct 30, 2002

Small restaurant with above average Italian for the mountains. Great when you want something different from "country style",

Favorite Dish: Eggplant Parmigiana...thinly sliced eggplant baked in a rich marinara sauce.

Instant Answers: Blue Ridge

Comments

Blue Ridge Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Blue Ridge restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Blue Ridge sightseeing.