Dahlonega Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Dahlonega

• BHSDallas's Profile Photo

Farmhouse Produce: Great Breakfast

by BHSDallas Written Sep 27, 2013

Farmhouse Produce. 4690 Highway 52 E, Dahlonega, GA 30533 Fantastic country breakfast with a healthy serving of down home charm. My brother lives near this restaurant and introduced me during a recent visit. It's the only place I want to go for breakfast. Hubcap sized pancakes with fresh berries, fluffy hot biscuits with perfect country cream gravy. Delicious sausage patties. Lunch is amazing too. Burgers, BBQ, Brunswick Stew. If you are in the area you have got to have a meal here. The locals share communal tables and friendly conversation. Probably my favorite breakfast spot. Budget friendly too.
    You can also pick up fresh produce and local honey and other items.

Favorite Dish: Love the breakfast!

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Piazza Italian Restaurant: Good place to eat in town

by tpangelinan Updated Oct 12, 2008
    Piazza Italian Restaurant

While we were in town the 1st time we got rather hungry to we try this place and we were happy with the service and food. We have been back to Dahlonega several times and eaten here each time so it can't be all that bad. Menue is big and mostly Italian and you get bread and salad with dinner. We have tries several different items on the menu and were happy with all of them, so keep this one in mind for lunch or dinner.

DOMINIQUE'S BARTINI AND FRENCH CAFE: FRENCH FOOD IN RURAL GEORGIA

by gkitzmil Written Sep 19, 2006

Dominique IS French, the food was good, the martini's were wonderful, we found enjoyable entertainment. This ended up being the most expensive meal we ate in 2 weeks but French food, a martini, and free entertainment made the $85 for two people seem fine. (I drank several beers which boosted the bill, although the beer selection was not impressive -- AGAIN with the beer theme here, sorry).

Favorite Dish: 1) the martini with fresh blue cheese stuffed into the olive for my wife
    2) I can't remember what I ate but I can remember that I really enjoyed it! And I probably don't remember because they took an appetizer and made a meal portion for me!

Caruso's and the Dahlonega (sometimes) Brewing Co.: COLD BEER, GOOD PIZZA

by gkitzmil Written Sep 19, 2006

CARUSO'S /DAHLONEGA BREWING CO.

I went here because it was a brew pub and because two people told me they ate pizza there. (My pages DO have a beer theme.)

I love a place where the bar staff is friendly and you feel welcome. They were, I did, and I would go back again if in Dahlonega. The pizza was good, and the beer was cold and not too badly priced.

HOWEVER, the brewer had apparently not brewed in months and they had none of their own beer (excuse for me to go back?).

The cold beer and friendly bar staff were such an attraction that we went back after dinner the next night (see Shane's Rib Shack) and the staff at Caruso's remembered us and were just as friendly.

Favorite Dish: Pizza and Cold Beer

Shane's Rib Shack: Ribs to make your fingers messy

by gkitzmil Written Sep 19, 2006

I love southern style, messy ribs. These were truly some of the best I've had. Ribs, a meaty "Brunswick stew" and cold beer or tea. This is a chain but it is a regional chain and worth visiting.

Favorite Dish: The ribs are some of the best I've eaten in several years. Okay-- I don't have ribs very often but this is better than any chain I've tried.

Shane's Rib Shack: Ribs to make your fingers messy

The Barbecue Place: Really good Barbecue

THAT BARBECUE PLACE, DAHLONEGA

If you like slow cooked, wood smoked pork or turkey barbecue with a choice of sauce this is your place! Small, cozy, inexpensive! A great lunch. No ambiance for dinner but if you want barbecue for dinner this is STILL your place -- eat in or carry out.

Favorite Dish: 1) Pork Barbecue -- just the way I like it
    2) German Chocolate cake -- actually made by a grandma, wonderful tasting, and very reasonably priced
    3) my partner raved about the banana pudding (and we rarely eat dessert)

• kimberbakos's Profile Photo

The Smith House: All you can eat, plus more!

by kimberbakos Written Apr 16, 2006
    The front entry to the Smith House

I've been here twice, each visit about 10 years apart, and the quality of the Smith House food hasn't changed - it is still worth every cent for every bite! it is just the perfect casual, historical place to eat that is a perfect complement to a day spent in Dahlonega. I've only taken day trips here, so I've never stayed the night, but if I did, I can only imagine that the Smith House would be as wondeful to sleep at as it is to eat at.

Favorite Dish: The fried chicken and the strawberry shortcake, although with so much awesome food it's hard to decide on just a few favorites. The food is served family style, and more food is brought to the table you can ever eat! There no one who could ever leave here hungry. In writing this, I may have changed my mind, since I just remembered the first bite of the fresh creamed corn.

Instant Answers: Dahlonega

Comments

Dahlonega Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dahlonega restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dahlonega sightseeing.