McDonough Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in McDonough

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

AppleBee's Neighborhood Restaurant: my kinda place

by davecallahan Updated Feb 28, 2007

This place is nice. A combination of local bar in the middle with restaurant booths and tables all around. The decor is mish-mash momento. Pictures of famous people, ice-skates, baseball bat, autographed napkin, just a lot of stuff that is interesting trivia. Helps pass the time while you wait to be served.
    We got there at a busy time and they appeared to be short of waitresses. We had to wait a bit to be seated then waited again to be asked "what would you like?". But once the order was taken, the food came quickly. And it was good.
    I had the Chicken on Salad with soup-of-the-day. My wife went for the Ribs. She was a mess so they must have been good. The chicken was good also. We topped it off with some tapioca or rice-pudding (not sure which; memory failure).
    It was a bit more pricey than a family diner or fast-food place but a lot less than a dress-up restaurant (everyone was in casuals as were we).

We have gone to others in this chain along our travels since and they all were similar and worth a meal visit.

Favorite Dish: Chicken and Ribs

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Long John Silver's: sea slime

by davecallahan Written Feb 28, 2007

If you like your fish greasy, you'll love this fast food place.
    I got the seafood plate and my wife went for the chicken.
    Her meal was rather like Kentucky Fried Chicken (another popular fast-food place) but my meal was soggy fish (I like it with less breading and more drying). The corn-on-the-cob was a nice touch and the price was reasonable.

So if we stop in one of these places again, it won't be for the fish, but just the chicken... they have no other choices.

Favorite Dish: Fish was lousy, Chicken was good.

• Palm Beach Restaurant: A hidden treasure!

by Espenbergmann Written Nov 26, 2007

From the patio

My wife Lisa and I stumbled upon this TRUE GEM on the road between I-75 and Atlanta Motor Speedway (can't remember the name of the road). It was like an instant transport to a beach house in Florida or Bahamas. Really cool decor. They even have HUGE palm trees (this is in Georgia!). The food was awesome. Different (good) flavors. Beautiful presentations.
    The chef even came out to check on us. We will definitely be back at next race weekend.

Favorite Dish: Spicy Grouper. It had marinated fresh fruit on it, but it was not too sweet, it was kind of tangy and spicy yet refreshing. The Key lime cake was "to die for".

• doug48's Profile Photo

p.j.'s cafe: cafe style

by doug48 Written May 11, 2010
    p.j.'s cafe

p.j.'s cafe is a very nice restaurant and bar located on courthouse square in downtown mcdonough. good american fare moderately priced. a good place to have lunch or dinner in downtown mcdonough.

• Architecture
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: McDonough

Comments

McDonough Restaurants

Reviews and photos of McDonough restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for McDonough sightseeing.