Rome Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Rome

• deaglos's Profile Photo

Red Lobster: Not very good

by deaglos Written May 12, 2008

I have always loved Red Lobster, when I lived and worked in Zion National park I used to go every 2 weeks. In recent years I am lucky if can afford (married with kids now) or even have time to go.

So for mothers day I grabed wife, my mother, and kids and went.

We got there at 5pmish got seated by 5:15ish not bad there on mothers day.

Got our waitress and our drink orders, plus ordered appitizer. Got drinks fairly fast.

Appetizer showed up about 15-20 minutes later, and still no site of bread. Asked about bread and was told oh sorry I will have it right out. Knowing they are busy that is fine. 20 minutes after that I finally manage to catch waitress, ask about another drink finally, and ask about bread again. Am told food be out in second and will get bread, sorry sorry sorry it wont happen again we are just busy.

Another 15 minutes, food finally shows up, girls food is fine as they like it cool anyways, all 3 adult meals are very cold. Mine and my mothers went back, my wife was hungry so kept hers, but did send the cold rubber lobster tail back.

Still no bread btw. 10 minutes later finally got bread.

10 minutes after that we finally got out dinners and why still not hot hot, was passible as I was hungry.

The 2 managers who have been walking around all night talking to all the tables but ours actually came over to the waitress station by our table, and one looks over and half heartedly asks if all was ok. Told him not really, food was sent back once, finally got bread after an hour, and is still not hot hot, but will pass, and that the waitress seems to apoligize alot. He looked at me and said ok enjoy your meal and walked away.

After all this got bill which was over 100, still gave decent tip, and finally left at about 7:30-7:45.

Found out this morning my mother was sick all nite, but think for her it was the wine, as it was a type she normally does not drink. Between wine and fairly rich food it did her in, well that and nerves as I know she was very ticked off over service.

So I can honestly say, I will not go near Red Lobster in Rome again, and will not advise anyone to ever go there.

Also posting review on two other sites I use all the time, one being Virtual tourist.

Favorite Dish: Used to be the Lobster Fondue, but they do not serve that anymore.

• deaglos's Profile Photo

Sassafras Grille: Dont miss all the great food.

by deaglos Written Jan 4, 2008

The restaurant is not what most would consider a prime location, but as the food is some of the best in Rome it is always busy. The Chef tell's us he is from New York, and his food is some of the best I have had since I left Nevada.
    Was iffy about going the first time as I am real picky about my food, but now I will go all the time.

Favorite Dish: The whole menu is my favorite.

Instant Answers: Rome

Comments

Rome Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Rome restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rome sightseeing.