Saint Marys Restaurants

• The restaurant from the other side of the street
    The restaurant from the other side of...
    by grandmaR
  • Bob walking back across to tell me it was closed
    Bob walking back across to tell me it...
    Front of the restuarant

Best Rated Restaurants in Saint Marys

Captain Seagle's Restaurant: Riverview Hotel restaurant

by grandmaR Written Sep 4, 2011

The restaurant from the other side of the street

We went to the hotel restaurant for dinner after we got back from Cumberland Island. They were totally backlogged. They didn't have enough waitresses and the restaurant manager was having to do some of the cooking as some of the cooks didn't come in. So we had a long wait to get something to eat.

Favorite Dish: Bob had shrimp cocktail which he said was good, and a chicken tender basket.

I asked for Brandon's Rock Shrimp Dip, which was a mistake. They were out of it and that was what took all the time. And when I got it there was very little shrimp (I wanted to see what a Rock Shrimp looked like) and it tasted mostly of mayonnaise. I also had a salad and Key Lime pie ice cream. The Key Lime Pie ice cream was good.

Silver Star Steakhouse: Former Grocery

by grandmaR Written Sep 4, 2011

Since we struck out again with Langs, we drove out to the Silver Star Steakhouse which used to be a grocery store.

Angus beef steaks in a historical setting.
    open 7 Days 4:30 pm -9:00 pm
    plus Tues-Fr 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
    and Sunday 11:30 am - 9:00 pm

Favorite Dish: I ordered an oyster po-boy, but there were out of oysters, so I had a fish sandwich instead. Bob had a cup of crab bisque and fish and chips. I brought home a key lime cheesecake but I can't find the plastic fork that I thought I had in my bag. I'm sure I will figure something out.

Later: The Key Lime Cheesecake was very good. I can't remember what I used to eat it with though.

• Seniors

Riverside Cafe: Cumberland Post

by grandmaR Updated Oct 15, 2006

Front of the restuarant

There's a handicapped ramp that leads up to the veranda where there are some tables. I don't think the inside restaurant is as accessible. At any rate, there was a guy in a wheelchair eating outside and the no-seeums were terrible out there.

Two gift shops (Acquisitions and the White Pelican) are in the same building.

Favorite Dish: I had a spinach salad (which had hard boiled eggs, olives and tomatoes-picture 3) and a corned beef sandwich. Bob had the shrimp salad platter (picture 4). I had coconut ice cream for dessert (picture 2) and Bob had rice pudding with real whipped cream.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Fishing

Lang's Restaurant and Marina: The Only Name in Town

by grandmaR Updated Sep 4, 2011

Bob walking back across to tell me it was closed

Lang's have a seafood business and a marina. This restaurant is associated with the seafood business. It is supposed to have really good fresh seafood.

Unfortunately, when we got there just before 6 there was going to be a 45 minute wait, so we didn't stay. I overheard someone say "Well if you want fast food, go to McDonalds". But I was tired, and my hip hurt (and there weren't many places to sit), and my stomach was a bit upset and wasn't up for seafood, so we left.

Under normal circumstances, we try to go early enough so that this doesn't happen, but we really don't like to wait for a table and will almost always leave and go elsewhere.

Favorite Dish: The next time we went, Lang's was closed because it was Monday

Lunch Hours 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
    Tuesday through Friday

Dinner Hours 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
    Wednesday through Saturday

• Sailing and Boating

• Katmosphere's Profile Photo

Riverside cafe and restaurant: Breakfast, lunch, or dinner

by Katmosphere Written Jun 1, 2006

You can sit outside on the porch to eat and look out on the water . The food was good and they have a great variety.

Favorite Dish: My son and I had pita sandwiches. They come with a side of greek salad and I couldn't finish mine, but it was GREAT!!

Market On The Square: Ice Cream

by grandmaR Written Jun 28, 2004

Market on the Square

Since we expected to stay over on Saturday to explore St. Mary's, we didn't want to do everything on the first day. So I never got to sample the advertised ice cream of this place, and I don't know what else they had to offer.

• Women's Travel

• Alot of the same.: Do you want the Franchise...or the Franchise.

by rianp Updated Aug 13, 2007

I've traveled quite a bit over the eastern US for the past few years, and the one place I have yet to find good local cuisine is in the St. Mary's/Kingsland area. The food roll call reads like a strip mall of any North American City, McD's, Taco Bell, Krystals, Wendys. KFC, etc. Throw in a Chinese takeout or Buffet and there are your options.

So if anyone from the area reads this tip and has a suggestion for me I would honestly love it, and might even treat the fellow VT'r to a meal for helping me make the long weekends with the In laws tolerable with some good food.

• doug48's Profile Photo

trolleys seafood: over looking the river

by doug48 Written Dec 20, 2008

trolleys seafood

trolleys is a very good seafood restaurant over looking the saint marys river in downtown saint marys. trolleys offers local seafood and typical american fare. their upstairs porch is a great place to eat and drink and watch the sunset over the river.

• doug48's Profile Photo

marianne's sterling's southern cafe: southern cuisine

by doug48 Written Dec 20, 2008

sterling's southern cafe

marianne's sterling's southern cafe is located in the 1911 bachlott house on osborne street. this very nice restaurant offers southern cooking and local seafood. a very nice place to eat in downtown saint marys. reservations recommended.

Trolley's: Food and Spirits

by grandmaR Written Apr 17, 2004

From the street

We saw this restaurant, but the sign put me off because I thought it was mostly a drinking establishment, or maybe even a market where one could buy "Food and Spirits".

Favorite Dish: Sandwiches, seafood and steaks.

Instant Answers: Saint Marys

Comments

Saint Marys Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint Marys restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Marys sightseeing.