Savannah Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Savannah

• brkilbourne's Profile Photo

Henry's: Great breakfast buffet

by brkilbourne Updated Jun 27, 2012

Great breakfast buffet for the money. Above average quality bacon & sausage. Most everything else was good, pancakes,french toast, grits, scrambled eggs, biscuits&gravy, fruitbar with strawberrys, melon, pinapple, 3 minimuffins, bananna pudding ( not great, made from a mix) and more. Good service & clean. Seperate menu including Shrimp&Grits.

Favorite Dish: Bacon

• fardarrig76's Profile Photo

Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons: Absolutely Great!!! Worth the wait

by fardarrig76 Written Aug 8, 2011

If your under 10 people in your party, you need to go there to make reservations on the day of your visit. I could not make it at 9:30am, so I got there at 1:30pm and my reservations were at 9:30pm. This was a main point in our trip to the area, so we went. Had two little kids, so I was worried.

It was worth the wait, by far. They have a great southern buffet for only $16.00. The entrees was much more expensive, save them for the second visit. The buffet had a great choice of items: Fried Chicken, ribs, pepper steak, collard greens, macaroni & cheese, green beans, mashed potatoes, etc. The chicken was excellent & juicy. The pepper steak just fell apart and was very tasty.

I did get an appetizer because I never had it before. I got the Fried Green Tomatoes. Very very good. The vidalia onion relish & roasted red pepper sauce was great. These two additions did not at all over power the fried tomatoes but complimented them greatly.

Dessert was small, but so good. The Gooey Butter Cakes were a bit too sweet for me but good. I really enjoyed the Banana Pudding, very good.

I look forward to going back for lunch, that menu looks awesome. I love sandwiches.

Favorite Dish: Fried chicken.

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Mrs Wilkes' Dining Room: Homestyleee

by aqazi Updated Apr 4, 2011

We'd heard abou this place from our guide book and made a point of dropping in for lunch in June 1997. We were promised traditional homestyle southern cooking and we weren't dissapointed. It's quite a funny place with a mixed crowd. When we got there we were seated around big dining tables so that everyone was split up to encourage us to get to know eachother. This was a really good idea and considering most of our table was made up of senior ladies my mate and I were quite spoilt. You do have to observe ettiquette here (no food fights) and we even had to say grace which I found most amusing and had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing! The food was amazing and Mrs Wilkes was really nice. My mate bought a cookery book which she signed, which he probably gave to his mum.

I just check the website and found that Mrs Wilkes had passed away but the place is still open continuing the tradition.

Favorite Dish: Every thing was yummy from starters to pudding.

• anaisdreams's Profile Photo

driftaway cafe: wilmington island gem!

by anaisdreams Updated Apr 4, 2011

Casual place w/ amazing food and outdoor patios that blow you away! the property used to house a nursury and the greenhouses are now for our dining pleasure! waterfalls and flowers galore! lots of fun and firelight/ candlelight too!

Favorite Dish: George Quattlebaum oversees the kitchen here and it is sending out some superb delights!
    Sesame ginger tuna tarter on crispy wontons or the pistachio crusted salmon with key lime custard butter. also hand cut steaks and slow cooked prime rib. The grilled asparagus and blue crab salad or the jerked salmon with golden pineapple salsa on spring mixed lettuce are two lighter options I like!
    Jennifer is the sweetest bartender on Wilmington and can shake a martini baby!

• Beaches

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Chart House: RiverFront!

by tpangelinan Updated Apr 4, 2011

This build used to be an old sugar and cotton warehouse built prior to 1790. This is the oldest masonry building in the State of Georgia. Located in the Historic district in Savannah.

Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 P.M. - 10:00 P.M
    Friday - Saturday: 5:30 P.M. - 11:00 P.M.

The Chart House Restaurant chain opened it's first doors in 1961 and is known for great food and a casual, relaxed atmosphere, now has 25 locations all over the east and west coast.

Chart House in Savannah

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Clary's: Breakfast in the historic district

by Dabs Updated Nov 14, 2010

Clary's is mentioned in "The Book" (what "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" is known as) as the place where Luther Driggers eats breakfast every morning, or at least orders breakfast and then decides whether to eat it. Clary's wasn't far from our hotel so we wandered over on Saturday morning for breakfast before we hit the road. I had expected it to be more crowded, based on the lines at Mrs. Wilkes, but we walked right in and got a seat. Service was fast and efficient.

Favorite Dish: I couldn't resist ordering the Elvis, thick sourdough french toast with peanut butter and bananas and whipped cream ($6.99). I couldn't finish the order, too rich and too filling, but delicious. David ordered corned beef hash which came with two eggs any style, grits or fried potatoes and a biscuit or toast ($9.99).

The Elvis Corn beef hash Clary's

Huey's: Seafood and more

by Dabs Updated Nov 7, 2010

I still hadn't quite digested my lunch by the time we needed to eat dinner in order to make the ghost tour, we thought about Paula Deen's Lady & Sons but they could only get us in at 5:30 which was too early so we tried Huey's which had also been recommended to us by our hotel.

Favorite Dish: I wasn't overly hungry and the shrimp po' boy I saw someone eating didn't look all that good so I ordered a cup of gumbo which was very good and the BBQ shrimp appetizer which was just OK. David got shrimp and grits and said it was good.

The Pirates House: Southern lunch buffet

by Dabs Updated Nov 7, 2010

After deciding that we didn't want to spend 2+ hours of our short time in Savannah in line at Mrs. Wilkes, we went back to our hotel and asked what other choices we had for lunch and they recommended several places including the Pirates House. That turned out to be a very good recommendation

Favorite Dish: You can order off the menu for lunch or get the lunch buffet for $13.95 which is what we had so we could sample a lot of different items. Everything that I tried on the buffet was very good and served at the right temperature-fried chicken, fried catfish, a crab and shrimp dish, macaroni and cheese, pulled pork, fried okra, corn. There was also grits, black eyed peas, green beans, collard greens plus they brought a basket of corn bread and biscuits. For dessert they bring you a piece of key lime pie.

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Six Pence Pub: A Taste of the Mother Country

by TexasDave Updated Oct 27, 2010

This place is a close approximation of an English pub with lots of authentic memorabilia on the walls. There are British classics on the menu, i.e. shepherd's pie, bangers and mash, etc.
    As afternoon turns to evening there is more of a true pub feel to the place.

• The Lady & Sons: Not too fund of the Lady & Sons

by msdenishaatl Written Sep 20, 2010

The restaurant was really nice. I loved the ambience more than the food. Not a good thing. The buffet was reasonably priced but not what I expected. Most of the food was bland. I did find the fried chicken tasty.

Favorite Dish: Fried chicken was good...I also liked the double chocolate dessert and the peach cobbler.

• Women's Travel

• Moon River Brewing Company: Great food on the moon!

by msdenishaatl Updated Sep 20, 2010

Nice friendly atmophere

Favorite Dish: I loved the BBQ pulled pork sandwich and the veggie wrap. The sandwiches and wraps are only $7 with a side item. This place gives really large portions as well. The nachos were enough for 4 people! I was pleasantly suprised to find awesome food at a brewery. It was better than everything we tried at The Lady and Sons.

• Museum Visits
    • Women's Travel

• The Shrimp Factory: Shrimp Factory -- Quite Unpleasant

by wolbbg Written Jun 24, 2010

The Shrimp Factory is located on River Street in the historic district of Savannah. It had a good review from Fodor's (?? - one of our travel books) and our trolley tour guide, so we thought we would give it a try for lunch. We stopped in around 2pm on a Wednesday, and were promptly seated. All of the folks there were adequately friendly.

However: Food was over-priced (especially kid's menu items), and the food quality was well below average. On a scale of 1 to 10, we would rate the food quality a 3 -- and that's maybe being a bit generous.

The restaurant itself did not seem especially clean, and an unpleasant odor wafted across the entire dining area throughout our meal. BTW, the odor _was_ coming from inside the restaurant, not outside. The restrooms (men's & women's) were a filthy, stinking mess -- usually a decent indication of how well the rest of the restaurant is maintained.

In short, The Shrimp Factory was a MAJOR disappointment. There are many better options in this area of town.

Favorite Dish: nothing/nada/nichts

• deaglos's Profile Photo

The Crabshack - Tybee Island: Best Crabshack yet

by deaglos Written May 24, 2010

It is pet friendly (all the cats tell you that) and an awesome place.
    The low country boil is among the best I have had, and the service is wonderful.
    We where there for about 2 hours total just enjoying it all.

Favorite Dish: Low country boil of course

• Travel with Pets

• mtnnewf's Profile Photo

Kevin Barry's: Good Food and History, Too

by mtnnewf Written Nov 29, 2009

Kevin Barry's is an Irish pub and restaurant. We ate on the first floor. Great Irish food, but a little croweded and loud (it is a bar, after all). Service was okay, other than our waitress gave the wrong drinks to the right people. We figured it out.

What we thought was absolutely the best part of KB is the "museum" upstairs. There is an amazing array of memorabilia and pictures of America's warriors. Many of the more recent wars are represented by autographed pictures and notes. Apparently, from the experiences of the members of our organization, the owner is a strong supporter of the members of the US Armed Forces.

Favorite Dish: I had the corned beef and cabbage. It was great. My husband had something with sausage, but we can't remember what. It was good, too.

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

En Papillote: En Papillote

by SFHulaGIrl Written Nov 12, 2009

I wanted to like this place more than I actually did. The decor was darling, the offerings were reasonably priced, the staff was genial... I ordered the cheese plate with a glass of wine for $9.99. Unfortunately, the cheese plate was pre-packaged and kept cold, which isn't the best for brie and camembert. The four cheeses came with apples, grapes and walnuts. She was kind enough to slice some brioche (I believe) to go along with it. The house chardonnay was just so-so. To end my snack, I had a strawberry macaron ($1.75). That, however, was wonderful. A bit bigger than most that are offered in San Francisco, and very flavorful. I'd still go back to try their croque monsieur or a crepe.

Instant Answers: Savannah

Comments

Savannah Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Savannah restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Savannah sightseeing.