Columbia Square, Savannah
It is set up in 1799 according to the initial Oglethorpe's plan.
Beside there is the Davenport's house (324 East State Street), a contractor who contributed to give its orginal architectural style to Savannah.
The Wormsloe fountain, which is in the middle of the Square, comes from the first plantation in Georgia. It was owned by Noble Jones who came from England with Oglethorpe to settle the new colony. The fountain moved in 1970.