Ghost Tours, Savannah

120 East Jones Street (912) 234-2121

• Marshall House-now a restaurant, but still haunted
    Marshall House-now a restaurant, but...
    Front Entrance to Colonial Park Cemetary
    Kehoe House - haunted and beautiful
  • soundsgoodtome's Profile Photo

Sixth Sense Ghost Tour

by soundsgoodtome Updated Jun 23, 2004

If you haven't heard yet, Savannah was recently named America's most haunted city, and this particular tour is the reason why. The owner of the business has been giving tours here for over 10 years, but he didn't start his own tour company until October 2002. He is the president of the Georgia chapter of the American Institute of Parapsychology, and I believe he has his degree in parapsychology from Duke. Although he doesnt give the actual tour around the city, he finishes the tour by giving a talk at his house about your choice of topics. I took the 90 minute night tour, which begins at his house/business and walks to several nearby places that are supposedly haunted, including the cemetery, private houses, and other buildings and churches. The guide is very knowledgable and provides lots of interesting, sometimes scary information about the places you see as well as about the city in general. Savannah has a long and difficult history, and there is much more to it than you would think by just walking about yourself without getting the info from somewhere, which is why I recommend this tour. After the about 75 minute walking tour you return to the house to meet the owner and hear his stories. You can stick around afterwards to look around, ask questions, etc. and they recently started offering various RedArdor metaphysics services, such as tarot readings and palmistry, including specialized readings for couples. There are over 300 haunted houses alone in Savannah, and much of the city is built over old unmarked graves. I will leave the rest of the city's haunted history for you to find out if you choose to. They also have a small shop with books, artwork, etc. all dealing with the paranormal, as well as a few haunted artifacts on display.

Tours begin between 9-11pm and cost $15. There are day tours for those who can't come at night, and there is a special midnight tour that last 2 1/2 hours and is supposed to be the scariest of all and costs $35 for adults, $30 for under 16. Call for reservations.

• Sixth Sense Savannah Ghost Tour

by gracefulemilia Written Jun 9, 2006

During a trip to the quaint southern city, my friend and I were starving for some out-of-the-ordinary entertainment. After spending a few days wandering around the squares, we could not help but notice the myriad of ghost tours haunting the historic section of town. We quickly came into the possession of several brochures. Sifting through the pamphlets, we were disappointed to find that some seemed utterly "cheesy," some weren't so cheap, and others well, we did not believe that the dead were so keen on following us around on a trolley all night long. Finally, we found what we were looking for. A still, stone statue of Ms. Corinne Lawton stared at us with her pupil-less eyes. The words "Sixth Sense Savannah Ghost Tour" accompanied her pallid face. Our fascination with the tour increased upon reading about the owner, Shannon Scott. Having worked for the television show "Scariest Places on Earth" and as a member of the Georgia Board of Parapsychology, he had already struck us as knowledgeable about the supernatural. We made our reservations. Once we arrived, the place stirred up excitement in all of the anxious tour-takers. When the front door opened and a man in black appeared, I knew that I had definitely taken the right tour. While in some cities it may seem dangerous, our late night walk around the Savannah was nothing but thrilling. Throughout the tour, our ghost host detailed tales of the paranormal, the historical, and the strange in Shannon's own, master storytelling fashion. The tour took a turn for the scary after hearing about the spirit of a slave girl that haunts Colonial Park cemetery and the bizarre history of the Mercer House, we arrived back at Shannon's house where he happily listened to the tour-takers own share of ghost stories. I returned to Savannah three months later with the intent on taking another one of Shannon's tours again. From one traveler to another (or from one ghost hunter to another) this tour is definitely the holy grail of ghost tours and a must see for all Savannah travelers!

• Hiking and Walking

• OCNJBritt's Profile Photo

Haunted Pub Tour

by OCNJBritt Updated Oct 14, 2003

While I know there are more educational things to do than drink and walk and get scared out of your mind, I can't think of any that are more fun.

On the walking haunted pub tour, you travel block to block witha guide and enjoy the merriments of the city. While sipping your preferred beverage, you step into many of the city's oldest pubs and listen to ghost stories of the establishment. TWhile some of the stories are rather trite, the benefit of doing this tour early on in your stay is that it introduces you to night life and gives you an idea of what's what. You also try the specialty drinks of those bars and their homemade microbrews.

While I sadly didn't see any ghosts, I still very much enjoyed the historical bits and pieces about many of the old buildings.

• MadBadByron's Profile Photo

Sixth Sense Savannah Ghost Tour Simply The BEST!!!

by MadBadByron Updated May 28, 2006

Ad we found for Sixth Sense Savannah

My wife and I recently visited Savannah from another haunted Georgia town--Athens. We had done some homework in advance of our trip and found that there were tons of expected sites about tours in Savannah that are quite obviously trying to "sell" you something instead of really weighing out distinctive experiences. No shocker there right? By weeding through such things, it seemed that one guy stood out in Savannah in so far as ghost tours go. We weren't really looking for one because at first glance they sound a bit hoaky, but my wife and I have had our own experiences and so we were at least curious about what Savannah might hold in this regard or could offer us so we went in with an open mind. Anyway, in our research on the net and our calls placed to town, we kept getting the name Shannon Scott and Sixth Sense Savannah ghost tours and we had a strong suspicion that his product was our best bet. Well, we couldn't have been more right! What a tour! This guy is not only a fantastic entertainer, but is obviously very well thought out about history, life and death and the spirit world. We went in really not sure what to expect. We had our own ideas that we might be getting the whole, "on a dark and stormy night" but found ourselves surprised that this tour was something completely different and had a life all of its own. Shannon has been a tour guide in Savannah for 15 years or so and has been doing "ghost" tours for the past 10. But his tour was so indepth about history, mystical heritages of the world, Georgia and Savannah and his stories 95% of the time were based on his own experiences in various historical properties. I think its safe to say that Shannon is more than a great tour guide. He's a great teacher and unparalleled folklorist. He really brought Savannah to life for us. It was more like a religious experience and I hope others will take the chance to experience it for themselves.

• Religious Travel
    • Gay and Lesbian
    • Women's Travel

• Savannah Walks Ghost Tour

by frankkearns Updated Apr 6, 2010

Savannah is one of the most remarkable cities you could ever hope to visit. It seems as if there is a mystery around every corner. Every one of the city's famous squares has its tales to tell, and more often than not, the topic of ghosts will come up. Savannah is one of the most palpably haunted places I have ever visited. Hardly surprising when you realise that the historic distric is built over innumerable long-forgotten graves! I did the ghost tour with Savannah Walks and had a fantastic time. The guide was very knowledgeable about Savannah's history and hauntings. Highlights included the haunted house Jim Williams tried to renovate, but so many bizarre things happened there, he had to give up, and the old Jewish cemetary that now lies in a narrow grassy strip in the middle of a road! Best of all though, was the haunted CVS Pharmacy - the only one in the country that closes at 6pm. Why? Because the staff are too scared to work after dark! All-in-all, a great way to get to know this great and very haunted city!

• Architecture

• Tara Haunted Tours....Amazing!

by jazzed60 Updated May 25, 2008

Orb in Cemetery

I was in town a few weeks ago during a convention. A few people at our hotel had taken this tour the night before. Upon their recommendation we booked with Tara for the Haunted Pub Crawl. Now she does 2 different types of tours, but we wanted to take this one for fun & fright. Tara definitely gave us a tour we will never forget! She was so informative... Her family history actually dated back to the mid 1800's. The locations she took us into with the haunted history was phenomenal. We had no idea what we were in for. My friend brought her camera on the tour under Tara's suggestion, and we were amazed at the unusual activity that showed up on the digital camera. She mentioned to us that on her website she had a "Ghost Gallery" of pictures. We were proud to be able to add to that gallery! We are coming back in October with friends!!!

• Beer Tasting
    • Business Travel

• Savannah Spirits Haunted Pub Crawl in Savannah, GA

by sandlot_14 Updated Oct 18, 2005

Hi,

My wife and I just returned from Savannah, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Not only did we stay at a haunted inn (the Foley House-- unfortunately no 'ghosties' showed up), but we took a great tour as well. I love haunted pub tours, and had heard the ones in Savannah were top-notch. At the recommendation of the staff at the hotel, we booked our tour and we were not disappointed.

We met our guide at Moon River Brewing Company. I must say that he made the tour the highlight of the trip. His name was Jamie, and he was dressed as a Confederate soldier. After informing us that in Savannah, we could carry our drink with us as long as it is in plastic (ain't Savannah great?), we and five other couples started our tour.

The stories had a great blend of hauntings, history and humor. He wove a picture of Savannah, complete with quirks, that had us all laughing and instantly at ease. This guy was not your average tour guide-- you know, gum-chewing 21 year old with a script-- this guy was a real student of history. I'm a history buff and my wife is a history professor, and we asked him some casual questions in between stories just to gauge his knowledge. He was really knowledgeable. I mean, the guy knew his stuff.

We went to four pubs in all, and each one was unique. We had such a great time we wound up buying a couple copies of his book, which he autographed and personalized for us. All in all a fantastic tour.

• ChicagoHeidi's Profile Photo

Try one of Savannah's Ghost Tours

by ChicagoHeidi Written Jun 28, 2006

Front Entrance to Colonial Park Cemetary

Since stationed in Savannah for a few months now, we finally got out and tried one of the MANY ghost tours in the city! This one was short and sweet and had lots of historical information to offer. Our tour guide, who was dressed in traditional colonial garb (poor thing! Long skirts in 90 degrees!) and she was very knowledgable.

Choose the way you want to explore Savannah's ghost tours
    Spirits Pub Crawl - Explore two of Savannah’s time-honored traditions, ghost stories and alcohol!
    Haunted History Tour - Candlelight Ghost Tour delivered in Period Costume.

• Architecture
    • Adventure Travel

• Sixth Sense Savannah Ghost Tour

by gboots9 Written Jun 17, 2010

We read some good reviews about these people but it was on a different website. Several of the reviews raved about tour guide Chris so we called up, gave our credit card info and requested Chris. Chris lumbered down the street about 20 minutes late and asked us where we were from. My girlfriend is from up north and I am from the south. As soon as my girlfriend mentioned her home state it was as if Chris' brain went "ALL SYSTEMS GO! ALL SYSTEMS GO! RELEASE THE VERBAL DIARRHEA! He started bashing her state left and right. He had obviously been spending too much time on conspiracy theory websites and/or listening to too much talk radio. And he must have been drunk because I just don't see how any sober person would act like this in the customer service business. And Chris also found it appropriate to bash certain religions and people who are less fortunate. Where did all this come from? Why did this happen? Beats me. My girlfriend defended her state with pride and then tried to change the subject because lets be honest here, we paid for Chris the Ghost Tour Guide not Chris the Bigot/Conspiracy Theorist/Racist/Terrible customer service representative. And then he continued to bash religion. That is when I told him that I don't really appreciate the bashing of religion. I explained to him that when you bash a whole group of people you must own up to the fact that you are bashing people who serve us in the Armed forces. And his response: "But what percentage of said religion is in the Army?" (Notice how he left out the Airforce and NAVY and Marines and Coast Guard etc.) I said " What percentage?!?!?! What percentage of these good men and women are named Harry Flirkin? Its probably a pretty small percentage but I still support the Harry Flirkins just as much as I support the John Smiths." And then I asked him how he did not know that we were not of said religion when he walked up and started bashing the religion 2 minutes after meeting us. He did not have a response so I told Chris to go *** himself and then Chris jumped in my face and told me to go *** myself. We left. I have people that care about me. I truly doubt that Chris has anyone that cares about him. Its sad. Chris is just a lonely, paranoid, piece of ***, racist, traitor and I hope Sixth Sense Savannah never makes another dime.

• kidkilowatt's Profile Photo

Stroll Down River Street

by kidkilowatt Written Mar 30, 2005

Even though River Street is clearly a tourist-y area, based on its row of store after store selling Savannah t-shirts and other trip memoribilia, it is still worth a visit. To begin with, the street itself is cobblestoned and beautiful. In addition, River Street, as the name suggests, is on the water. We did most of our strolling in the late afternoon, stopping into the candy shops for a fresh praline sample. The waterfront is lined with musical performers and sketch artists. It is very peaceful and very romantic.

• Blue Orb Ghost Tours

by travelguy71 Written Sep 26, 2011
    Infrared photo at abandoned Candler Hospital

I took the Uncensored Zombies Tour with Tobias McGriff in July, 2011 and it was the highlight of my trip. The one thing I heard about Blue Orb when I was researching what tour to take was it was the "Creepiest and most credible". I have to say it lived up to the hype.

Tobias is really a master storyteller, has a great sense of humor, can handle the large crowds he draws and brings plenty of news articles and photos to back up his research. He went through the tour seamlessly and I was shocked that we went almost 3 hours. It went by really fast and honestly I could have listened to him for a few more hours.

There are many Savannah ghost tours to pick from and lots of things to do in Savannah but I assure you, Blue Orb Tours is worth the money.

• kidkilowatt's Profile Photo

Get Spooked

by kidkilowatt Written Mar 30, 2005
    gravestones in colonial cemetery

Savannah, some have said, is even more haunted than New Orleans. I think it is worth it to check out one of the nightly ghost tours- particularly if you are interested in history, and definitely if you are interested in history's bloody debaucles. I am not sure which ghost tour is the best- you might want to ask at your hotel and get their opinion. Our ghost tour was okay- it gave us more historical background about death and destruction in the city of Savannah than it did chilling stories, but it was fun and interesting anyway. I am giving the email addresses or phone numbers of a couple of different ghost tour options. Also, throughout the city you will see lots of advertisements for ghost tours- just pick whichever one looks the coolest.

www.savannahwalks.com/
    www.savannahgeorgia.com/ghosttalk
    912-233-0083- ghosts and gravestones (we saw these tours- you ride around in a hearse)

Instant Answers: Savannah