Been here? Rate It!
This Square was named to honor Edward Telfair, three time governor of Georgia (1786-1792).
Just beside the square, the is the Telfair Academy of Art.
I was resting in this park when I saw a brown bird lighting on the soil. then, it found a hole between the bricks of the path, opened its wings and nestled in the hole. It went into ecstasy like if it was druged. After some minutes of high pleasure, it got out its torpor and it flew off.
My first idea was it was having a dust bath. But I remember to have read certain birds use the ants to get rid of the parasits. May be I have attended a cleaning session (see the pictures below).
I saw that scene twice in other squares.
- Historical Travel
- Family Travel
- Budget Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Savannah Travel Guide
Explore the World
- La Puntica de Juan Dolio Hotels
- Pforzheim Hotels
- Ferragudo Hotels
- Sidi Jouimaa Hotels
- East Rutherford