Visitors Center, Savannah

by rexvaughan
  • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Check out the Visitors' Center

by rexvaughan Written Jun 7, 2005

Savannah has a really good and lovely visitor center right near the historic downtown. It is in a former rail station which seems very appropriate. (I love old train stations). There are nice maps and you can purchase a little packet containing a Self-Guided Tour for about $4 and it is worth every penny. There is also a very nice bookstore and gift shop with lots of publications on the area. There is also a small snack cafe which has really good coffee.

Visitor Center Mural
    • Architecture

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

SAVANNAH WELCOME CENTER

by LoriPori Written Oct 30, 2014

The first place I wanted to visit was the SAVANNAH WELCOME CENTER which was located at 301 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. So I programmed my GPS to take us there and when we got there, people were waving us on to their sites which was kind of annoying. Apparently they wanted us to take "Old Town Trolly Tours".
    We parked the van and I walked into the Welcome Center where all I could see was a place to buy Trolley Tour tickets.
    Next we drove to 101 East Bay Street to where another Tourist Information Center was located, but when we got there, it was closed. Apparently it's only open Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Not very convenient for weekend visitors.
    There is also a Welcome Center at 1 West River Street. Hours are January - February 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and March to December 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Instant Answers: Savannah

Comments

Hotels Near Visitors Center