Whitefield Square, Savannah
This square is named for the Reverent George Whitefield, an early minister in the colony, friend of John Wesley, and founder of the Bethesda Orphanage in 1740.
Done in 1851, this was the last of the City's squares.
It is surrounded by pretty Victorian wooden houses.
The gazebo rected in the middle of the Square is famous. It is a meeting point to have a chat with a neighbor.