Social Circle Travel Guide

by doug48

Social Circle Things to Do

historic home

by doug48 Updated Apr 4, 2011

social circle has a nice collection of antebellum and post civil war historic homes. see the attached website for a virtual tour of social circle's historic homes. for those interested in southern architecture social circle is an interesting side trip off I-20 between atlanta and augusta.

general store

by doug48 Written Dec 19, 2008

in downtown social circle is a block long shopping area that has a number of antique and gift shops. pictured is a 1920's general store in downtown social circle. most visitors come to social circle to dine at it's famous blue willow inn restaurant. see my restaurant tip for more information. social circle is an interesting four mile side trip off of I-20 when traveling between atlanta and augusta.

• Social Circle Hotels

0 Hotels in Social Circle

Social Circle Restaurants

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Grand entry 3 more images

by 807Wheaton Updated Feb 13, 2012

First of all any place that has banana pudding on the salad bar is a great place! I love to eat dessert first. We ate on blue willow plates, hence the name Blue Willow Inn.
    On this lunch visit I was with about 40 people from our Seniors' group at church. We got there just a bit before 11 AM and they were open and ready for us. We were seated in the area that was an enclosed porch so we were right next to the dining room which had all the buffet tables. The entrees were very similar to the sample menu they describe on their website. They had chicken pot pie, mashed potatoes, beef roast and gravy to name a few. Greens, yams, mac 'n cheese, and of course delicious fried green tomatoes were a few of the veggies I sampled. The salad bar was fresh and bountiful with lots of choices. The dessert table had chocolate brownies, peanut butter pie, and lemon meringue pie - but I especially loved the peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. They will bring the ice cream when you are back to your table so just ask for it then. Our meal also included tea, coffee and the tip. I don't know the price because I was with a group excursion to Atlanta for the day.
    The place itself was very clean and busy! It's a nice place to meet up with friends and family to have some good food and fellowship - Southern style.

Favorite Dish: Definitely enjoyed the fried green tomatoes and the peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream.

• Seniors

blue willow inn

by doug48 Written Dec 19, 2008

the blue willow inn restaurant is the top tourist attraction in social circle. this excellent restaurant specializes in southern cuisine. they offer fried chicken, beef, and seafood dishes. on fridays and saturdays they serve a southern-seafood buffet. the blue willow has been rated one of america's top 100 restaurants by gourmet magazine. great southern food moderately priced. reservations recommended.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Social Circle? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Social Circle

Comments

Social Circle Travel Guide
Map of Social Circle