Beaches / Bays, Kailua-Kona

• "Who are you calling a crab?!"
    by sarams
  • Baltimore residents are reaching for mallets! :)
    Baltimore residents are reaching for...
    by sarams
  • Beaches / Bays
    by Shrooman

Know about this? Rate It!

• annk's Profile Photo

Anaeho'omalu Beach & Bay

by annk Updated Mar 16, 2005

Favorite thing: This crescent shaped beach is an ideal spot for swimming, snorkeling and diving. It has public access plus it fronts the Marriott Resort. A reef offshore protects the bay from strong currents and surf.

-No lifeguards
    -Rocks & coral in water (wear aqua-shoes or fins)
    -Shady areas available
    -Picnic tables
    -Winds pick up in winter months. Best snorkeling is in the morning.
    -rentals available, windsurfing, canoes, aqua-bikes, etc.
    -picturesque setting with coconut palms

The winds are strong in winter months and snorkeling/diving is best during morning hours. Visibility dimishes as winds picks up in the afternoon.

From Highway 19 traveling north, make a left across from road that takes you to King's Shops.

Fondest memory: Snorkeling with sea turtles!

Anaeho'omalu Bay
    • Water Sports
    • Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches

• sarams's Profile Photo

A Crabby Experience

by sarams Written Apr 1, 2007

Favorite thing: As I was wandering along the beach near my hotel, I was stepping from rock to rock, looking for fish and sea turtles to photograph. In addition to these, I noticed a crab on one of the rocks It was one of the largest crabs I had seen: about 6 inches across. I was wondering if he would stay still enough to photograph; fortunately he complied. It was a good thing I wasn't wading, or I would have been in for a surprise!

Baltimore residents are reaching for mallets! :)
    • Beaches

• shadowmon's Profile Photo

Swimming in Lava tubes

by shadowmon Written Mar 23, 2006

Favorite thing: The best thing that I did while I was there and go hiking. Saw a lot of cool things like the petroglyphs portrayed on the other page, as well as found lava tubes, wet and dry ones.

Becky at the water's entrance fresh water lava tube.  I am swimming in it!!! The water was soo cold but it felt so good!
    • National/State Park