Know about this? Rate It!
Southern-most vinyard in the US
Volcano Winery. 96 miles from Kailua-Kona and 1 mile from Volcano National Park. Free Wine tasting. They even offer a wine made with honey instead of grapes.......very different. Well worth the detour if your a wine drinker and in the neighborhood anyway.
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Wine Tasting
Craters road in the Volcano...
Craters road in the Volcano National Park. This is an amazing road! Along the way, you'll see where a previous lava flow covered the previous road. There are great views of the different types of lava along here. At the end of the road is a ranger station. We arrived there at dusk and bought a flash light from a ranger and walked to a viewing area. As the sun set, the lava flow a couple miles away was easy to see. Do take (or buy for $3 from the ranger station) a flash light, though. It gets very dark and the viewing area is not on a path--it's over hardened rugged lava flows.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Kailua-Kona Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kailua-Kona Hotels
- Rio de Janeiro
- Tagaytay City
- Hat Yai
- Imus Hotels
- Salt Lake City Hotels
- Cote D'Ivoire Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path