Know about this? Rate It!
Fluming the Ditch
Kayak through a historical sugar plantation on a guided cultural wilderness adventure - fun for the whole family!
On hot summer days on the old plantations, the most daring kids would grab an inner-tube or almost anything that floated,trespass onto the plantation and "go fluming" in the many ditches and flumes. "Fluming" was a wild, exciting, fun-filled childhood adventure with the risk of being caught! Now, the nostalgia of "fluming the ditch" can again be experienced in safety and comfort on tours led by experienced, local guides. You Will get wet!
You will travel through the otherwise inaccessible and historic Kohala Sugar Plantation irrigation system. This is a leisurely trip that meanders over a 3.5 mile scenic portion of the system, traveling through pristine rain forests, over ravines and waterfalls and through dark, mysterious tunnels. Your native guides are well informed of the Hawaiian history, culture and legends of the Kohala region. Kohala is the birth place of King Kamehameha and the site of the original King Kamehameha statue.
I highly recommend renting a...
I highly recommend renting a kayak and paddling the mile across Kealakekua bay to the area by Captian Hooks monument! The kayak ride was fun and the snorkeling on the other side was too.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Kailua-Kona Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Santorini Island Hotels
- Changping Hotels
- Mackinac Island Hotels
- New Plymouth Hotels
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path