Know about this? Rate It!
Fluming the Ditch
Kayak through a historical sugar plantation on a guided cultural wilderness adventure - fun for the whole family!
On hot summer days on the old plantations, the most daring kids would grab an inner-tube or almost anything that floated,trespass onto the plantation and "go fluming" in the many ditches and flumes. "Fluming" was a wild, exciting, fun-filled childhood adventure with the risk of being caught! Now, the nostalgia of "fluming the ditch" can again be experienced in safety and comfort on tours led by experienced, local guides. You Will get wet!
You will travel through the otherwise inaccessible and historic Kohala Sugar Plantation irrigation system. This is a leisurely trip that meanders over a 3.5 mile scenic portion of the system, traveling through pristine rain forests, over ravines and waterfalls and through dark, mysterious tunnels. Your native guides are well informed of the Hawaiian history, culture and legends of the Kohala region. Kohala is the birth place of King Kamehameha and the site of the original King Kamehameha statue.
I highly recommend renting a...
I highly recommend renting a kayak and paddling the mile across Kealakekua bay to the area by Captian Hooks monument! The kayak ride was fun and the snorkeling on the other side was too.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Kailua-Kona Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Port Fairy Hotels
- Vålberg Hotels
- Smira Hotels
- Samobor Hotels
- Buxoro Viloyati
- Belgium Off The Beaten Path
- Drumheller Off The Beaten Path
- Gubbio Off The Beaten Path
- Paso Robles Off The Beaten Path
- George Off The Beaten Path
- Lancaster Off The Beaten Path
- Durness Off The Beaten Path
- Morro de Sao Paulo
- Tozeur Off The Beaten Path
- Yogyakarta Off The Beaten Path
- Vigan Off The Beaten Path
- Zaragoza Off The Beaten Path