Huggos on the Rocks, Kailua-Kona

by Sweetberry1
  • brewjohnson's Profile Photo

Huggo's & Huggo's on the Rock's: Great place for an umbrella drink

by brewjohnson Updated Mar 1, 2010

Huggo's is an old school stand-by on the water of Kailua Bay (downtown Kona). Food is good Hawaiian standards like crusted mahi-mahi, ahi tuna, steaks, burgers, etc. I think it really shines as a place to get a drink with an umbrella in it, listen to the surf on the rocks, and watch the crabs scurry about.

Huggo's on the Rocks is the more causal sister restaurant/bar to Huggo's, which is more upscale that the On the Rocks counterpart.

Favorite Dish: Mai Tai.

• Whale Watching

• Sublimity's Profile Photo

Huggos on the Rocks: best place for a drink

by Sublimity Written Aug 28, 2006

HUGGOS ON THE ROCKS ---best place to get a drink and pupu's. Right on the beach you sit on tables in the sand. They have live entainment on the weekends, its good music for all ages.

Favorite Dish: HAPPY HOUR and lunch is pretty good too

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Huggos on the Rocks: Hawiian Flavors

by yooperprof Written Aug 22, 2005

dining on the deck

We ate here for our first meal on the Island, having just arrived and checked in at the Royal Kona (which is conveniently right next door.) It was a little late - close to 9 p.m. - but we had no problem being served, and we were far from being the only people with an appetite at that hour. Nice menu, good service, and a great atmosphere, right on the water overlooking the Kailua Beachfront. I had coconut breaded shrimp served on a bed of crusted phyllo - very interesting, and it hit the spot!

We had traveled 20 hours from Michigan to get here. But sitting on the ocean deck listening to the murmur of the waves with a glass of California Sauvignon Blanc, I felt that the journey had been worthwhile.

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo

'Huggos' is a combination of...

by Sweetberry1 Written Oct 4, 2002

'Huggos' is a combination of Resturant, Bar, Place of fantastic entertainment, and a great meeting place. I placed it in my Favorite Resturant, because we ate here very often, and I loved the food. Sometimes we would have pupus, (apertisers-snacks) and even they were enough to call it a meal. And we always had wonderful Hawaiian entertainment, while we ate. There are other great resturants here also, But I enjoyed Huggos the most.

Open air dining, entertainment, situated right on the rocks, by the water. You could eat as you watch a beautiful Sunset ;-)

Favorite Dish: There was a large variety of excellent dishes, but I loved the Teriyaki Steak, and often had that. The other menu item favoured by many was the MahiMahi.

Instant Answers: Kailua-Kona

Comments

Hotels Near Huggos on the Rocks
3.5 out of 5 stars