Splasher's Grill, Kailua-Kona

Breakfast Burrito

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Splasher's Grill: Good Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Sep 20, 2013

Splasher's Grill is how my wife and I began our day in Kona. We had just arrived in port and wanted to have breakfast off the ship. My wife had done her planning for this trip and already knew this is where she wanted to go for breakfast.

The restaurant is right on Palani Road above some shops. It was a short walk across from the pier. It was a little after 8am and the place was very crowded. Despite the crowd we only had a short five minute wait before a table became available. We were seated at at corner table of the second tier of their veranda dining room with a nice view of the water. Our waitress handed us menus and said she'd be back.

The menu was filled with some hearty breakfast fare; mostly combination platters filled with eggs, potatoes, pancakes, bacon, sausage and french toast. I decided to have a big breakfast and chose their breakfast burrito. The Burrito was a tortilla filled with eggs, cheese, sausage, potatoes and topped with gravy and salsa. My wife wasn't thrilled with the big breakfast platters as most of them contain some sort of egg dish; she does not eat eggs. Instead she ordered an a la carte portion of the Sweetbread French Toast and a side of their Home Fried Potatoes. As for drinks; I chose to stick with an unsweetened iced tea and my wife ordered a Pineapple Mimosa.

Our drinks arrived first and my wife loved her Pineapple Mimosa; a nice twist on the classic. When our food arrived I was amazed at the size of my burrito. This was definitely good for my level of hunger that morning. The burrito was good; nothing to Wow about but it filled me up nicely. My wife thought her French Toast was just okay and hated that their was immitation maple syrup. The Home Fried Potatoes though were quite nice and we both enojyed them.

I did like the laid back atmosphere of the place and that it was filled with more locals than tourists. I would give this place another go but order something different.

Liz and her Pineapple Mimosa(2/2013) Sweetbread French Toast Home Fried Potatoes Breakfast Burrito Enjoying my breakfast

Instant Answers: Kailua-Kona