Been here? Rate It!
In my opinion, the nicest beach on the Big Island. Located just north of Kailua-Kona, this long, shallow beach is perfect for swimming and body-boarding. Snorkeling isn't very good, but there are some good spots at the north end of the beach. There are nice facilities on the beach including freshwater showers.
- Spa and Resort
Black sand beach comprised of fine remains from lava mixed with sand. The island's best 'easy access snorkeling spot' where you can view colourful fish and turtles. St Peter's church can be seen resting on a lava bed.
- Diving and Snorkeling
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Explore the World
- Mount Shasta Hotels
- Greater Accra Region Hotels
- McLeod Ganj
- Aguadilla Hotels
- Kengeri Hotels