Know about this?
Hapuna Beach Rough Waters
This beach looks so idyllic that it's easy to forget that those waves out there are VERY powerful. When we came in Nov 2006, my husband got caught in one of those waves and got slammed to the beach. He sprained his shoulder. He did go to the lifeguard station and they must be so used to injuries like that as they made him a shoulder sling right away. This happened 1-2 days before we were due to leave so the trip home was akward for him. The seas do get rough waves out here so be extra careful as it changes from day to day.
- Family Travel
Hawaii - Surfers´Paradise!...
Hawaii - Surfers´Paradise! That´s so true, but those areas are no good for swimming, of course. This picture was taken in Kailua-Kona, behind the Kona Restaurant. And DID those waves come crashing in!
Take care in the water!!! And...
Take care in the water!!! And Always drive with care!!! And as anywhere, do keep an eye on your Purse/Wallet...
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Kailua-Kona Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Crossville Hotels
- Petaluma Hotels
- Pakenham Hotels
- Kiskoros Hotels
- Isola del Giglio
- Tap water
- Dutch Harbor Warnings and Dangers
- Siofok Warnings and Dangers
- Palenque Warnings and Dangers
- Be Aware / Be Prepared
- Drinking/ Driving/ Police
- Portland Warnings and Dangers
- Luquillo Warnings and Dangers
- Provincie Zeeland Warnings and Dangers
- Bad Neighborhoods
- Utrecht Warnings and Dangers