Places to eat in Volcano

Most Viewed Restaurants in Volcano

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Thai Thai: Coffee - but not to drink

by DEBBBEDB Written Oct 18, 2010

We went to this place on a cold rainy night. We wanted to get a quick dinner so I could go out and see the volcano at night.

Favorite Dish: I had a beef noodle soup which was good but hard to eat because the noodles were slippery. I DID like the coffee ice cream

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Thai Thai: A New Experience

by grandmaR Updated Oct 18, 2010

I asked my grandson whether he had ever had Thai food which tends to be spicy. He said he was OK with that, so we went to the Thai Thai Restaurant. This restaurant was in a building with a TruValue, a laundromat, an art/gift store and an ATM. We parked down at the TruValue end.

Hours
    Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday 12:00PM-9:00PM
    Saturday & Sunday 12:00PM-9:00PM
    Wednesday 4:00PM-9:00PM

Last Seating At 8:30PM

Favorite Dish: I ordered cranberry juice to drink and it came with a blossom in it. I wasn't sure whether to eat it or not. I also got Yellow Curry which is one of the milder ones and has potato in it. It came with rice. My grandson got a very big bowl of beef noodle soup. We each tried the other one's food. He didn't make very big inroads into the soup as he was having trouble with the noodles - they were slippery.

I wanted to order coconut ice cream which I knew he wouldn't want so I suggested that he try coffee ice cream and he said he liked that.

The last four photos are of the menu.

• Seniors

• There aren't a whole lot of...

by kahiwa Written Oct 4, 2002

There aren't a whole lot of places to choose from up in Volcano. Check out the Volcano House for its dinner menu and Sunday buffet. I've heard it's great. you can also go to the cafeteria at the Kilauea Military Camp for a quick meal. There are a few small places to eat in Volcano, but not many.
    The Volcano House is an old lodge that is built right on the rim of the Kilauea Crater. On clear days, you have a fantastic view of the crater, including the Halemaumau pit.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Volcano Store: The Store Side

by grandmaR Written Oct 18, 2010

It was almost time for lunch, so we left the park and went into the town of Volcano. No McDonalds here.

I stopped at a general store/cafe place and decided to look in the store side first and get something for breakfast the next morning. My grandson picked out a package of cold cereal (which he eats without milk), and got a coke, and I got a muffin. Then I saw that they had hot dogs and also hamburgers, so he got a hamburger and I got a hot dog which we ate on the way back to the park.

• Seniors

• raevnzno's Profile Photo

Ka Ohelo Dining Room: The View is priceless

by raevnzno Written May 24, 2003

Located at Volcano House. Overlooks the cauldera, and the view alone is worth the price of the meal. Buffet serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Favorite Dish: Food was ok, usual breakfast fare. Pineapple juice was outstanding but was more engrossed with what was outside the windows.

Volcano Hotels

Latest: Apr 19, 2014
Volcano Village Lodge
Latest: Apr 12, 2014

Instant Answers: Volcano

Comments

Volcano Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Volcano locals.
Map of Volcano