Sports Events in Lanai

Most Viewed Sports & Outdoors in Lanai

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Some come to golf

by malianrob Written Aug 5, 2009

I am not a golfer either. I am glad too because I hear its an expensive sport. On the ferry to Lana'i from Maui there was nothing but men coming on the ferry with all their golf gear. Some of that equipment looked nice but expensive. The two main golf courses are The Challenge at Manele and The experience at Koele.
    Golfing is a popular sport out here in Lanai. You can play golf at a cheaper price if you are a guest of one of the resorts on Lanai.If you are not staying at one of the two main resorts on Lana'i you can still play but for a steeper price.
    They say the cheapest course is Cavendish which is free but ask for donations from nonresidents who come to play. These donantions help the up-keep of the place. This is the third golf course on the island. This is where the locals go.
    I think my husband would this.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Hunting

by malianrob Written Aug 5, 2009

I never heard that hunting was a big thing to do in Lana'i. My husband likes to hunt so I tried to get some info on that. Apparently hunting axis deer, rams, sheep, pheasant and other birds is something you can do here in Lana'i. I never saw it advertised or anything but I saw a map of a hunting area and I got curious.
    Bird Hunts:
    All bird hunts are guided with a dog for one half-day. Morning hunts start 30 minutes after sunrise, and typically run until 11:30am, allowing for 4 hours of field time. Afternoon hunts start at 2:30pm and run until 6:30pm.
    Rates are $500 for the first gun, $400 for the second.
    Licenses:Participants must purchase a Hawaii State Hunting License - $47.50, valid for one day.
    Hunter Safety Certificate Required. Or Hunting License from any state, province or country issued in the past five (5) years required for game bird hunting.
    Lanai Big Game Hunting :Mouflon Sheep or Axis Deer.
    All big game hunts are guided by a professional, and typically last all day. Light breakfast and lunch and transportation service are included.
    Rates:$1000 for the first gun, $800 for the second.
    Licenses:Must purchase Hawaii State Hunting License and stamp ($105.00);
    Hunter Safety Certificate Required.
    Some of this info was copied off http://old.palawaioutfitters.com/about_outfitters.html
    This is just an example of prices.
    I am not a hunter so I cant tell you much more on this subject but if my husband decided to do this I can have more info for you and let you know what company he went with.

Lanai Hotels

Top Lanai Hotels

Lanai City Hotels
17 Reviews - 35 Photos

Instant Answers: Lanai

Comments

Lanai Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Lanai sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lanai sightseeing.
Map of Lanai