Getting Around Lanai

Most Viewed Transportation in Lanai

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Getting to Lana'i

by malianrob Written Aug 2, 2009

There are a couple ways to get to Lana'i. We came on the Ferry that goes from Lahaina, Maui to Manele Bay Lana'i. It wasnt very expensive at all but to get around the island you might need a car. We got a jeep because alot of places we wanted to visit were on unpaved roads. We also took the first ferry out that leaves at 6:45 am. We were told that this was best so that the waves wouldnt be too choppy on our ride out the Lana'i. The ferry ride is fast and takes about 45 minutes. The ferry does about five round trips a day.
    Just remember that the later ferry rides are more bumpy because the waters start to get choppy because of the winds. I was alittle nervous that the kids would get sea sick but they were alright.
    You can also take a plane ride to Lana'i which I heard wasnt too costly. You can get to Lana'i on plane from Maui or Oahu.

• Getting Around the Island

by stolaf Written Apr 2, 2007

You MUST rest a trail-rated Jeep when you visit Lana'i. Not only will you be bored if you don't, I'm not sure that there's anything else available. Expect the rates to be high, I believe I paid over $100 a day for mine.

The island is full of Jeep trails that beg to be explored. Almost everything worth seeing is located at some point along the trails.

• patrick808's Profile Photo

Joi's Taxi

by patrick808 Updated Mar 30, 2007

Although most visitors to Lanai will either rent a car or take the resort shuttles everywhere, there may be an occassion when you will need a ride. If you are too shy to ask a local for a ride, a great service is Joi's Taxi, Ask for Joi Nishimura.

Lanai Hotels

Top Lanai Hotels

Lanai City Hotels
17 Reviews - 35 Photos

Instant Answers: Lanai

Comments

Lanai Transportation

Reviews and photos of Lanai transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lanai sightseeing.
Map of Lanai