Hana Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Hana

• kimod74's Profile Photo

The Road to Hana Compact Disc

by kimod74 Written Jan 7, 2006

You will see the "Road to Hana Compact Discs" for sale in stores, or you may read about them advertised somewhere. I thought how dumb, who needs that assuming that all trailheads, and hikes to waterfalls would be marked for tourists. WRONG!
    Please buy the CD, if you don't you will not be able to find half of the trails because nothing is marked (except for one trail I saw at the beginning of the drive). We missed sooooo much stuff I'm sure because on the CD it will tell you what mile marker this waterfall is at or what mile marker you need to stop off to hike this waterfall, etc. If you don't know these things you can't always tell where trails start as it looks like from the road dense jungle and who wants to venture into some unknown jungle not knowing that there is a waterfall at the end?

Unique Suggestions: Just buy the damn CD for the Road to Hana, I'm sure it will help you out.

Fun Alternatives: The CDS are sold all over Maui. Buy one, god I am still so mad that we missed a lot of things that we could have seen had we had the CD!! However, we did see a couple of waterfalls, so I'm not too disappointed with myself. It's ok, I'm sure I will get over it.

• Rasta_Rob's Profile Photo

The Seven Sacred Pools is a...

by Rasta_Rob Written Aug 25, 2002

The Seven Sacred Pools is a major tourist trap, but you'll love soaking in the cool pools under the waterfalls after that curvy drive on the Hana Highway!

Instant Answers: Hana

Comments

Hana Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Hana tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hana sightseeing.