Hana Warnings and Dangers

• jelw's Profile Photo

Hana water sports

by jelw Written Mar 9, 2007

March 9th 2007
    I just received this tip in from ken100 this is not always the case but good to ask and check before jumping in.
    Just returned from this beach. Portuguese Man-o'-war warnings are posted to stay out of the water and a local guide told us this area is shark infested due to the large number of monk seals and turtles. If you go snorkling here, watch out!

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Water Sports
    • Beaches

• rossandkelli's Profile Photo

Dengee Fever, it is a flu like...

by rossandkelli Written Aug 26, 2002

Dengee Fever, it is a flu like sickness from mosquitos. When going into the rainforest, hiking or going into any of the woods protect yourself with spray. Ask the locals for their recommendation but we used Dschongel Juice which our friends provided for us. This can ruin your vacation so protect yourself.

Just another picture I wanted to share.

• rossandkelli's Profile Photo

Maui Cruisers - it's a car...

by rossandkelli Written Aug 26, 2002

Maui Cruisers - it's a car rental company...DON'T use them! It sounded like a great deal, $150 for the week, they made it seem like a 'Maui Cruiser' was a great car and they would pick us up from the airport and drop us back off on our return home...sounded good but it wasn't!

The guy picked us up late in a beat up little toyota which we could barely fit in...said 'don't worry, this isn't your car'. He drove us to the 'office', down these little roads and we ended up in what looked like a junk yard and the 'office' was a shed type thing with a Rottwhiler (dog, sp?) tied to the outside!

The car they were going to provide us was just as bad as the one we drove there in, ripped seats, don't think it locked, dirty, it was a standard and we were not happy. We explained this was not what was described to us on the phone so we called Thrifty and they had a car for @ $50 more so we asked to be taken back to the airport at which time he told us that it was after hours and he needed to charge us $10 to go back!

I'd rather not live the only bad experience we had on Maui so I'm going to stop now!

Another picture to remind me of how beautiful it is.

• Don't Use Maui Cruisers

by jconline Written Oct 25, 2004

Maui Cruisers is a guy offering his cars to be used as rental cars on Maui. I would recommend avoiding this company at all costs. My bad experience with Maui Cruisers was mostly caused by the guy's incredibly bad attitude. Don't get me wrong, his cars are worse than you could ever imagine...(both my cars housed families of cockroaches, for example) The biggest problem that I had with the company is that the guy is an enormous jerk. If you call him to explain that the door just fell off your car (which happened) you will probably get a response similar to.."well what are you going to do, pay twice as much for thrifty rent-a-car?...hahaha" Seriously..this guy is exactly what you don't need to deal with on your vacation to maui. Please avoid him and his cockroach-homes-with-wheels at all costs.

Instant Answers: Hana

Comments

Hana Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Hana warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hana sightseeing.