Kaanapali Things to Do

• Things to Do
    by SassyMcPeaches
    Relaxing on the Catamaran!
    by happyalways
  • Things to Do
    by SassyMcPeaches

Most Recent Things to Do in Kaanapali

• SassyMcPeaches's Profile Photo

Skyline EcoAdventures ziplining

by SassyMcPeaches Updated Mar 2, 2010

The vendor we used for ziplining above West Maui was Skyline EcoAdventures. Now that I've done it, I can say they run a decent operation and those that are interested should give it a try. But they don't provide much info beforehand, and that uncertainty didn't help my massive anxiety. I'm not one of those that got an amazing rush and don't plan to do it again, but I'm glad I accomplished it and have that incredible experience!

1. Wear good walking shoes for hiking around on the west hills of Maui, as well as running up the landing platforms of each zip line.
    2. Don't wear anything you don't want to be covered in red dirt afterward, because you WILL be covered in red dirt afterward.
    3. Lines start relatively short and grow in length throughout the excursion, from 100 feet all the way up to 1,000 feet.
    4. Skyline will provide a filled water bottle, in addition to lunch at a beautiful lookout.
    5. The heights that you zip over are never ridiculously high, but you do have to run and jump off a platform on multiple occasions to gain momentum to make it all the way across to the other side. This was the scariest part for me.
    6. There is a small base on the mountain and a brief stop at portable toilets after lunch; otherwise, there is no available bathroom for several hours.
    7. The guides are fun, but they like to tease those of us that are clearly terrified!

• Hiking and Walking
    • Adventure Travel

• SassyMcPeaches's Profile Photo

Snorkel excursion with Maui Magic

by SassyMcPeaches Written Mar 2, 2010

We hired Maui Magic for our catarmaran snorkel trip, and we loved them! You can tell they enjoy their job, even when torment/teasing us about being uncomfortable with sea life. They even managed to get me, terrified of deep water, out snorkeling by myself above the reef for a good ten minutes. We saw fish, coral reef, sea turtles, the most recent lava flow on Maui and teeny Molokini. It was my favorite of the activities we did in Hawaii.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Water Sports

• CaliHopkins's Profile Photo

Parasailing!

by CaliHopkins Written Jan 17, 2007

My husband had a great time parasailing :) You get loaded onto a boat with about 8 to 10 others and take your turn being strapped in and flying 40 to 80 feet in the air! From what I understand, it is worth the extra cost for the higher flight-- and most people do go for it.

• happyalways's Profile Photo

Humuhumukununukuapua'a means "fish with a pig's no

by happyalways Written Dec 19, 2005

Relaxing on the Catamaran!

While staying in Ka'anapali, Maui we went out on the ocean on a catamaran. Along the way we saw dolphins (beautiful creatures that swam along with us for quite awhile) and sea turtles. We stopped for about an hour or so to go snorkeling. The water was clear and the fish were GORGEOUS! We swam throug the cove watching butterflyfish, sea turtles, and SO many more that I don't know the names of...

• Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• Iao, the lush valley

by like_to_dine Written Feb 25, 2003

Iao is an easy hike up and down and has some swimming holes and beautiful vistas over Wakahui and the Iao Valley

Instant Answers: Kaanapali

Comments

Kaanapali Travel Guide

Kaanapali Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Kaanapali things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kaanapali sightseeing.