Kahului Travel Guide

Horse sculpture in Tom Cruise's garden
    Japanese gate

Kahului Things to Do

• by tuckerbernal Written Oct 14, 2005

I like joking around with my beautiful sister, Lyn, and call the Ice Cream Empress. Her and her husband have 3 BR franchises, two of which are in Maui. One is in Kahului, and one is in Lahaina. The stores not hard to find...I think those franchises are the only ones in Maui. Hahah. Just go to either store, look for a short filipina with glasses and long hair, and knows how to make insanely awesome ice cream cakes (she also does really great wedding cakes for those who are getting married/having their honeymoon in Maui), and tell her Elaine sent you. Who knows? She may even give you a discount! I think they are one of the few franchises in the US that offer Churro flavored ice cream, so definitely check it out!

• shadowmon's Profile Photo

by shadowmon Written Feb 25, 2003

from dec to march the humpback whale utilize the channel between maui, molokai and lanai as a nursery area because of it's protected waters, makes great viewing from shore seeing humpbacks jumping out of the water.

• Cruise

• Kahului Hotels

4 Hotels in Kahului

245 Reviews and Opinions

Kahului Hotels

Kahului Restaurants

• by Hasidmaui Updated Apr 11, 2010

I wanted to impress a friend just arriving from San Francisco and my first stop from the airport was at Bistro Casanova, the newest Restaurant in Kahului. Even a restaurant junkie from California was delighted by the atmosphere, the elegance of the ambience and the quality of the food. To top it off, he couldn't believe how reasonable the final check was. Who said that Maui is expensive? Check its new restaurant Bistro Casanova and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Favorite Dish: We loved three or four different tapas deliverecd to our table as appetizers. But my favorite was the Paella. Juicy, tasty, rich. Fabolous.

• kimod74's Profile Photo

by kimod74 Written Jan 7, 2006

We stopped here on our way to the airport as we were leaving Maui. We had a lot of time to blow before our flight and this was one of the seemingly few restaurants in the area that was open on a Sunday. Sports Bar theme, lots of people at the bar watching football and going crazy. Great beer specials during the games. I think I paid like $2 for a pint of Coors or something like that.

Favorite Dish: I had the Kahului Pork Burger, absolutely delicious. You have to try the Parmi Fries. French Fries with Parmesian on them, so good!

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Kahului? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Kahului Off The Beaten Path

• shadowmon's Profile Photo

by shadowmon Updated Feb 12, 2003

If you can find it, especially in the winter, Jaws is where the really really good kine surfers go for tow in surfing. I only reccomend this for viewing not the actual surfing.

Ask around they may or may not tell you where it's at

• by kahiwa Written Aug 24, 2002

I used to be a 'forecaster' for a telecommunications company, and travelled to Maui to literally count houses (to determine growth rates for subdivisions). I got to drive to places people don't usually go. In Kahului, find the Heiau (sacred temple) that's located on a bluff, accessible from a residential subdivision. It's difficult to describe how to get there, but the subdivision is located behind the Wailuku Industrial Subdivision (in fact the heiau overlooks the subdivision and the entire bay). Don't disturb anything, but read the plaques that explain the significance of this temple to ancient Hawaiian culture. By the way, the heiau looks like a bunch of stone walls or piles of rocks, but it was the base for a place of worship and sacrifice. While you're in the area, look around at the houses, especially at any vacant lots in the subdivision. The ground is all sand. This area of Kahului is comprised entirely of sand dunes, and all you get when you dig is beautiful white sand. The place was gorgeous when it was under construction.

Have you been to Kahului? Write about Kahului to help travelers.

Instant Answers: Kahului

Comments

Kahului Travel Guide
Map of Kahului