Lahaina Nightlife

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Barefoot Bar: Tropical Drinks with a Beach View

by cjg1 Updated Apr 9, 2013

Liz and I celebrating my Big 4-0 in Maui

The Barefoot Bar is located at the Hula Grill in the Whalers Village. I really loved this bar. The location is perfect right on the edge of Ka'anapali Beach. We have been to the Hula Grill in Waikiki and loved it so this made it an easy choice for us; as well knew the drinks were good.

They have plenty of bar seating and bar tables available to just have a seat and enjoy. If you want a table in the sand closer to the beach then the hostess can seat you. My wife and I were meeting up with friends who live on Maui for some Birthday drinks (it was my big 40th birthday that day) so we decided to grab one of the bar tables that seats four people. We were a bit early so we decided to go ahead and start perusing the menu.

The menu has a variety of food items: appetizers, pizzas, sandwiches, salads, burgers and some more substantial fare. We chose to just have drinks so we looked at their drink menu; which has a nice variety of choices. I choice my favorite drink; a Mai Tai. I love that they serve it in these kooky Tiki glass heads...makes it more fun(they are available for purchase at $12.50 a piece). My wife chose her favorite; a Lava Flow. She loves how they make it here; they use fresh coconut milk which makes a huge difference in the flavor.

The bar area filled up fast that by the time our drinks arrived there was a huge line waiting for tables as well as bar seats. By the time we were halfway done with our drinks, our friends arrived to join in on the fun. We stuck to drinking Mai Tais and Lava Flows for some time before ordering their delicious Ice Cream Sandwich with four spoons. The Ice Cream Sandwich here is amazingly good and a huge portion. We first tried it in Waikiki many years ago and have loved it ever since.

I loved sitting back and relaxing with my wife and friends with an incredible view of the beach. It was a fun time and the celebrating was only getting started...

**Check out their Aloha Hour Specials on food and Drinks**

Dress Code: Casual

• Beaches
    • Cruise

• RekaD's Profile Photo

Moose McGillycuddy's: If you wanna dance ...

by RekaD Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you wanna dance in Lahaina, you must stop by Moose's. The DJ gladly plays requests, and the large dance floor is complete with a stripper pole. (Note: There aren't any strippers at Moose's, the pole is just for the crowd to dance with.) Super friendly staff, great drinks, and very airy with large, open windows. Moose's bar area is also ideal for anyone looking to sit down and just chill.

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo

The Feast at Lela: Luau with Polynesian food and dance

by SteveOSF Updated Dec 11, 2007

The Feast at Lela

The Feast at Lela is a luau that takes place along the shore at downtown Lahaina. Both food and dance from various Polynesian cultures are experienced throughout the evening. The meal is several courses, each from a different culture.

The setting is on the western shore. So an evening show should be complete with a Maui sunset. When we arrived, a hostess with a platter of Mai Tia greeted the guests. Once we were seated we could order from a selection of tropical drinks on the menu. All were included in the price of admission. Be careful if you are driving home as some of these drinks were pretty good, and it would be easy to have one too many.)

We enjoyed the evening of sampling various Polynesian culinary delights while watching dancers perform an array of traditional Polynesian dances. Reservations are recommended.

• kumachan200x's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Maui: Hard Rock Cafe Maui

by kumachan200x Updated Dec 31, 2003

Ever play that game where you sit around and try to imagine what albums you'd want on a desert island? Well, wonder no more! We've forged ahead and made the decision easy for you at the Hard Rock Cafe Maui, where rocking out is elevated to an art form. We've got great tunes a-plenty, so pack light, catch a wave and surf on over! The historical backdrop of Old Lahaina town (once the capital of Hawaii) provides an alluring setting, with a lush tropical locale beyond compare and local sights that'll blow your mind, including Haleakala, "the House of the Sun," the world's largest dormant volcano.
    From our cafe's quiet garden-style oasis, drink in majestic Pacific vistas, get a close-up glimpse of whales on their migration paths, or just sit back, relax, and enjoy the airy look and feel of our glorious open beam, A-frame ceiling. Marvel at our various island-inspired memorabilia, including an entire wall dedicated to surfer greats Derek Ho, Brock Little, and Kelly Slater. So when the surf's down, or even when it's up, get on over to our most exotic location around- the Hard Rock Cafe Maui!

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Old Lahaina Luau: Old Lahaina Luau

by malianrob Updated Aug 27, 2009

I was told that the Old Lahaina Luau was the best of all the Luaus in Hawaii. Although it was nice and beautiful and the food was delicious, i think its alittle exagerated to say that it is the best. I cant take anything away from this Luau but I found it just as entertaining as the Pacific Cove Luau on Oahu or the Polynesian Culture Center Luau.
    I think the food was better here because they had such variety. For example there was steak, chicken, pork, fish and other seafood. The steak was a top sirloin which was delicious. There was tons of salad, different rice, veggies and of course the usual like lomi lomi salmon, poi, chicken long rice and Kalua Pig.
    The service was excellent. Each table got there own waiter that took care of a few tables but gave us such great service that we felt like he was only there to take care of us.
    Before the luau begins, the doors open, someone leads gives you a drink and a lei and leads you to your table. Your waiter introduces you shortly after and gets you more drinks. You are welcomed to stay at your table or mingle around. We decided to check out what was going on. There were lei making areas, someone making fish decorations from leaves and many places to take pictures. You could take your own pictures or have someone take pictures of you and you can pick them up when the luau is over. The best time to take some nice pictures is when the sun is setting.
    Overall the Luau was very nice. It was pricey, about $92 per person, Kids paid alittle less but not much less. Also, Kids are anyone under 11, I believe. It was nice to do at least once.

Dress Code: There really isnt a dress code here but people dressed nice. Not too fancy at all but maybe nice shorts with a nice short. Ladies wore nice sun dresses. Some people wore shorts. Its casual but nice because you are more than likely going to take pictures.
    Also there are about 400 or so people there. It gets very busy but things run very efficiently. The only time I felt like there was over 400 people there was when it was time to leave and we wanted to purchase some of the pictures we took. The lines were long! I cant even say there were lines. It was just everyone crowded around the tables that sold the pictures. It got alittle hectic.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Barefoot Bar at the Hula Grill: A frosty drink beachside with amazing views!

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 2, 2011

The Barefoot Bar at the Hula Grill is located at the Whaler's Village beachside. Ferni and I have been to the location in Waikiki Beach, so we decided that after enjoying a few hours of fun in the sun and sand we'd grab a nice cold drink before heading back to the hotel.

The resatuarant/bar is quite large with plenty of outdoor dining, large outdoor bar and seating indoors as well. It gets quite quite crowded and you may need to wait to grab a seat outdoors. After enjoying a windy time at the beach we made our way to the bar where Ferni and I enjoy hanging out enjoying a drink and people watching.

The outdoor bar as well as their outdoor seating has some really amazing views of Lanai and Molokai islands. You can definitely enjoy your drink while gazing out at the beautiful clear blue sky with crystal clear waters and even a whale or two in the distance.

We were here for some drinks so we didn't order any food, but they have a large selection of burgers, sandwiches, salads and other items (like the calamari) you can enjoy with your drinks.

Ferni had his usual Heinekin but I decided to switch things up a bit and ordered their Lava Flow, a frosty combination of "pina colada with an eruption of strawberries" which I quite enjoyed.

Drinks were reasonable, mine was around $9, Ferni's beer was about $7. They have an "Aloha Hour" from 3-5 pm daily with drink specials.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• osiekhan's Profile Photo

Moose McGillycuddy's: Tuesdays in Maui

by osiekhan Updated Mar 26, 2007

A decent spot given the fact that everyone tells you to be there on tuesdays. A lot of 20-30 somethings dancing and drinking to hip-hop and r&b being spun by a decent DJ. Drink prices were fair and the dancefloor gets the job done. Swing by the Hard Rock and get warmed up 1st. Have a good time.

Dress Code: Very Casual

• Singles
    • Music
    • Beer Tasting

• There are a number of things...

by kahiwa Written Aug 24, 2002

There are a number of things to do in Lahaina at night. The most fun is to just walk Front Street, window shopping at all the stores and galleries, and watch the people as they go by. You can even pick a spot to sit and just spend the night talking with friends.

If you're into more active pursuits, there are a few large hotels up the road in Kapalua or Napili that may have places to go dancing. All along Lahaina, Napili and Kapalua you will find local talent playing the guitar or singing at various restaurants or nightspots.
    Lahaina is usually a buzz in the evening with people going every which way. Of course, most of the people are tourists, but it still is fun to be a part of it all. Find a good place to eat, watch the sun set on the ocean (awesome!), meet new friends and spend time talking with them. If you're into shopping, there are literally a hundred shops and galleries that you can go in and out of from one end of town to the other.

Dress Code: Unless you're going someplace special (and I can't think of anyplace in Lahaina that you'd have to dress up for), basic tourist wear is acceptable at all times. Shorts or slacks, t-shirts or polos, and footwear should get you into any restaurant. Tank tops and slippers or bare feet may cause you some trouble, but not much.

Instant Answers: Lahaina

Comments

Lahaina Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Lahaina nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lahaina sightseeing.