Places to eat in Lahaina

Most Viewed Restaurants in Lahaina

• derats's Profile Photo

Aloha Mixed Plate: Plate Lunches, Beachside Grill

by derats Written Apr 18, 2004

Look for the festive turquoise-and-yellow, plantation-style front with the red corrugated-iron roof and adorable bar, tiny and busy, directly across from the Lahaina Cannery Mall. Grab a picnic table at ocean's edge, in the shade of large kiawe and milo trees, where you can watch the bobbing sailboats and two islands on the near horizon. (On the upper level, there are umbrellas and plumeria trees -- just as charming.) Then tuck into inexpensive mahimahi, kalua pig and cabbage, shoyu chicken, teriyaki beef, and other local plate-lunch specials, all at budget-friendly prices, served with macaroni salad and rice. The shoyu chicken is the best we've had, fork tender and tasty, and the spicy chicken drumettes come from a fabled family recipe. We don't know of anywhere else where you can order a mai tai with a plate lunch and enjoy table service with an ocean view.

Favorite Dish: Tthe coconut prawns and Aloha Mixed Plate of shoyu chicken, teriyaki beef, and mahimahi.

Mala - An Ocean Tavern: Good Food, Great View

by deannatravel Written Jan 11, 2006

This is a new restuarant, but run by experienced owner/managers. We enjoyed the food very much and would certainly go back. It is located right on the ocean. We were fortunate enough to get an oceanside tabel and were cooled by ocean spray. Happy Hour is 3PM to 5PM. For more restuarants go to our website http://www.deannatravel.com

Longhi's: Tasty Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Mar 19, 2013

My wife and I were exploring Front Street in Old Town Lahaina and wanted to get some breakfast. My wife had a few places in mind and one of them was Longhi's. We came upon the restaurant and decided to have our morning meal here after checking out their posted menu.

The restaurant is quite deceiving from the outside, size wise. Inside is two large dining areas with more dining space upstairs. I was happy that we were able to get the last table by the large open windows facing the street and ocean beyond. Our waitress(Liz) brought over our menus and asked if we wanted any drinks. I chose an unsweetened iced tea and my wife stuck with ice water.

The breakfast menu had a nice variety of egg dishes, pancakes, french toast and breakfast pastry to chose from. After mulling over my choices I decided to have their Grand Marnier French Toast with real Vermont Maple Syrup(no fake stuff..yuck) with a side order of their thick cut bacon. My wife ordered a Cinnamon Bun and a side of their home fried potatoes.

I was surprised at how busy the place was and mostly with locals judging by the conversations we overheard. Our food arrived about ten minutes after we ordered and looked delicious. My French Toast was very god indded; nicely done with a good sweet flavor. I really enjoyed the thick cut bacon; great flavor and cooked to my liking. My wife's Cinnamon Bun astounded us with its large size(not sure why there was butter in a cup with it...guess its a mystery). That Cinnamon Bun definitely hit the spot with my wife, she loves all things cinnamon. The Home fried potatoes were very good; I helped Liz finish up the portion.

I was really happy with our choice here. The food quality was excellent, the service was friendly and the view was quite nice. I'd definitely return here for another meal.

**They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.**
    Breakfast: 7:30 am to 11:30 am
    Lunch: 11:45 am to 4:30 pm
    Dinner: 4:45 pm to 9:30 pm

Favorite Dish: The French Toast is very good. I would have it again in a heart beat. The bread was sweet and tasty and cooked just right with a crispy edge to it. It was also good to have Real Maple Syrup; so many places serve that gross fake maple flavored syrup.

• Beaches

Leilani's on the Beach: Delicious Dinner with a Beach View

by cjg1 Updated Mar 19, 2013

We were visited Maui the day of my 40th Birthday My wife had planned for us to have dinner here at Leilani's and had reservations for the start of the dinner hour. We had a long day of shopping, exploring and hanging out with some of my friends who live locally.

The restaurant is located in the Whalers Village overlooking the beach. The restaurant has two floors; the lower level is their casual dining venue(Beachside Grill) and the upper level is for dinner. We arrived a little early for our reservation but we shown to our table after a five minute wait. Our table was upstairs, overlooking the beach and water below. Absolutely an amazing view of Ka'anapali Beach with both Molokai and Lanai clearly in the distance.

Our waiter handed us menus(dinner and drink) for us to peruse. As we mulled over the dinner offerings; a basket of warm bread and butter was brough to the table. The menu has a nice selection of food; meat dishes, chicken, seafood and local fish. I was impressed by their use of locally grown and caught ingredients. Our waiter appeared again and we placed our order. I chose the Cracker and Parmesean Dusted Local Fish(can't remeber the name of the fish) for my entree with the Iceberg Wedge for an appetizer. Liz chose the Mushroom Ravioli as an appetizer and the Twin Lobster Tails as her entree. As for drinks; I stuck with an unsweetened ice tea(we had way too many drinks at the Hula Grill next dood earlier in the day). My wife chose a Mango Iced tea which had fresh Mango puree(nice touch).

As we waited for our appetizers we had some of that delicious warm bread and watched the boats out on the water. Absolutely beautiful view; even if the food was crap, I'd come here for the view(fortunately the food was excellent). Our appetizers arrived and I was very happy with my choice. The blue cheese dressing was very creamy with chunks of blue cheese througout. The thick sliced bacon chunks were very good on top. My wife loved her mushroom ravioli. The filling was very good and the sauce was tasty...I only had a bite so she could enjoy the rest herself.

Our entrees arrived about ten minutes after the table was cleared of our appetizers. My fish looked very good but paled in comparison to the bright red, large Lobster Tails on my wife's plate. My fish was good, I enjoyed the flavor but not exactly what I expected. My wife on the other hand was thrilled with her choice....after having abite of her Lobster I knew why. The Lobster meat was very sweet and delicious. Needless to say, the Lobster was gone very quickly off her plate. Our waiter came by and asked how the meal was; we of course said we hated it with empty plates before us and a big smile on our faces.

As for dessert; their simply wasn't room. Even though it was my Birthday Dinner I couldn't manage another bite and I had already had three birthday cakes already on the trip. I truly enjoyed this meal and loved the casual island vibe. The view is amazing and provided a perfect backdrop for such a special dinner. I will defiintely return again.

• Cruise
    • Beaches

• pamstravels's Profile Photo

Sunrise Cafe: Don't go here if you want to eat this century

by pamstravels Updated Jan 31, 2005

I couldn't tell you how the food tasted because we never got any! Looks like a cozy small family restaurant/bakery across from the Baldwin Mission on Front St. in Lahaina with outside tables set in a tropical garden. Only one server and 20 tables! We got coffee and the server never came back to take our order but still had time to get the order and serve other tables that came in behind us! Their food looked delicious. We paid for our coffee and left for Cheesburger in Paradise.

Favorite Dish: Couldn't tell you.

Hula Grill: Love their Ice Cream Sandwich

by cjg1 Updated Mar 19, 2013

The Hula Grill is a favorite of ours. The food here is always good and the drinks are excellent. If there is one menu item that is a "must have", it is their Ice Cream Sandwich. Even if you are not a dessert lover, you will love this trust me on that.

The Ice Cream Sandwich consists of Vanilla ice cream, macadamia nut brownies, whipped cream, chocolate ganache and raspberry sauce. The flavor really is outstanding. The ice cream is so tasty and the brownies are decadent. The chocolate ganache and raspberry sauce just add to the yum of it all.

The portion they serve is huge. We have tried to share it just ourselves and never finished the portion. We recently had this with our friends Bob and Barbara and even then we didn't finish it.

• Marisola's Profile Photo

Basil Tomatoes Grille: Intimate Italian

by Marisola Updated Feb 20, 2006

Located on the gorgeous grounds of Royal Lahaina Resort, the ambience of this restaurant is a romantic gentle breeze... with all of your favorite Italian entrees, as well as their own unique specialties.

Favorite Dish: Some appetizers to start with: Roasted Garlic Bulbs, Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms, Crab Cakes, or their famous Stuffed Artichoke.

For a main entree, have one of your favorite Italian specialities or try one of these: Chicken Manicotti (Two delicious crepes stuffed with chicken, mushrooms, and ricotta cheese. Served with creamy alfredo sauce), Italian Style Bouillabaise (tomato-based stew packed with fresh local seafood, clams, lobster, shrimp and fresh herbs), or Seafood Ravioli (Handmade and filled with Shrimp, Crab, Fish, Onion and Dill, then topped with Crab, creamy Pesto sauce and finished with Parmesan).

Bon Appetit!

• Business Travel

• cfwestbe's Profile Photo

Kamaaina Kitchen: Inexpensive Oriental Food

by cfwestbe Updated Aug 29, 2002

Oriental mixture from a local family. Many different types of food. Great selections for a low price. Eat outside in the open courtyard or eat inside at a table or booth.

Favorite Dish: We ate there 3 times and tried different meals each time. All were good!

• Cool Cat Cafe: The Best Burger and Ribs!

by VicsMorrison Written Oct 14, 2009

It's American Food from the 50's. The decorations were awesome, it brought you back in time. The food was the best. I had the Ribs and those were delicious. I first tried the Duke Burger though which was so delicious. Make sure your hungry when you come because it's a lot of food. They have an arcade for the kids and a full bar for the big kids. Right across from the Banyan Tree.

Favorite Dish: The Duke Burger - they stock onion rings and bacon and really good sauces
    The Ribs - Falls of the bone tender

• denvillegirl's Profile Photo

Chez Paul: A Tasste of France on Maui

by denvillegirl Written Dec 14, 2007

Each year when we go to Maui we plan for one special dinner at Chez Paul. Tucked into a non-descript shopping center on the road to Lahaina, the restaurant has a menu to rival any good French restaurant. The food is always a treat, the service is wonderful, and the decor is reminescent of a continental establishment.

Favorite Dish: We have had something different each time we have gone (5 times so far). There hasn't been one dish I wouldn't select again! There are plenty of selections including poultry, fish, and red meat.

• deannatravel's Profile Photo

David Paul's Lahaina Grill: Award winning restuarant.

by deannatravel Written Jan 11, 2006

This restuarant is excellent and very popular. Has won many award for their food. For more information about this and other Hawaiian Restuarants go to our website.

Favorite Dish: Anything Fish!

Lahaina Store: Brand New Restaurant

by deannatravel Updated Feb 10, 2006

This restaurant has just opened. It is located in the old Hollywod Planet site on Front Street. Our freinds tell us it has been decorated very well and is a fun place to dine with good. So good they are going to host a wedding rehersal dinner there. Appears to be a steak and fish house, with a bar and oyster bar. Dinning on the roof top. Check out website our website for Maui retaurans and things to do!

• cfwestbe's Profile Photo

Lahaina Coolers: Great Breakfasts

by cfwestbe Updated Aug 29, 2002

Serve great breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Restaurant also includes a bar with a large TV showing wind sailing competitions.

Favorite Dish: Favorite dish was french toast with fresh fruit over it. Use the Coconut syrup!! Also had POG to drink (special mixture of tropical fruits from Maui).

• FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Gardenia Court

by FreeCloud Written Sep 2, 2002

Gardenia Court
    Best atmosphere:
    In an ocean front open dinning hall/terrace, feeling the breeze over your face, listening to the surf sounds while enjoy the fabulous food.

More later

Favorite Dish: Best ever seafood buffet.

Excelent quality of GOURMET food and WIDE varieties.
    Definitely NOT the kind of junk buffet many other places offer.

• smoox's Profile Photo

There are so many restaurants...

by smoox Written Sep 2, 2002

There are so many restaurants along Main Street - you won´t have any trouble finding one! Enjoy some fresh Mahi Mahi in one of the fish restaurants. Try to get a table up front to have THE VIEW. Best time: sunset!
    A reservation may be helpful.....

Lahaina Hotels

Latest: Apr 22, 2014
Noelani Condominium Resort
Latest: Apr 3, 2014

Instant Answers: Lahaina

Comments

Lahaina Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Lahaina locals.
Map of Lahaina