Lahaina Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Lahaina

Tori Richard: Clothing for the Island Life

by cjg1 Written Aug 1, 2013

Tori Richard is a store that has men and womens clothes with an island theme to it. The stores has a nice selection of men's shirts, pants and shorts. The shirts range in price and in fabric with cotton, linen and silk shirts. The selection of women's clothing ranged from casual to elegant resort wear with dresses, tops, skirts and accessories. The clothing is perfect for an island holiday or even a cruise. The clothes are well made and built for comfort without breaking the bank.

There are several stores on the island of Oahu and a location in Maui at the Whaler's Village. We stopped into both the Honolulu location at the Ala Moana and the Whaler's Village during our most recent trip in 2013. Unfortunately nothing really caught our eyes at either store so we left emply handed. Oh well maybe next trip...

Tommy Bahama: Resort Wear

by cjg1 Updated Apr 9, 2013

Tommy Bahama is one of the many stores located in the Whalers Village. The shops carry men and women's clothing, shoes, swimwear, accessories and homegoods.Tommy Bahama is a favorite store of ours and we have shopping in their stores for many years now.

Every store has different merchandise based on location. Obviously this Maui location won't carry their heavy sweaters or cold weather apparel but we found some different items here we haven't seen back home. The color this year for the store must be blue, as we found that the majority of their display items were blue in color. Blue is my favorite color and a favorite of my wife's so we were happy to peruse the blue merchandise.

I am usually the one who finds tons of items I like so I was happy when my wife found a couple for herself. She found a blue and tan cowboy hat, beach tote and a pair of flips; perfect for a beach holiday.

What to pay: Hat $108, Beach Tote $95and the flips were $38.

Maui Water Wear: Bathingsuits and Resort Wear

by cjg1 Updated Apr 9, 2013

Maui Water Wear is another of the many shops at the Whalers Village. The shop specializes in womens swimwear, coverups and beach accessories. After not finding a swimsit at Cruise, my wife decided to see if this place had anything to her liking.

They had a multitude of swimsuits in a rainbow of colors and designs. There just wasn't anything "unique" looking or different from what my wife already has to inspire a purchase. She did although find a nice pair of Havianas she liked and purchased.

Maui Tees: Tees for Everyone

by cjg1 Updated Apr 9, 2013

Honeymooners will love this...

Maui Tees is best described as a souvenir store. They carry everything: tee shirts, swim trunks, books, jewelry, shot glasses, post cards, etc. They have a nice assortment of Maui themed tee shirts; especially for honeymooners.

My wife and I found a nice tee shirt for our nephew here for a nice price of $5.

Cruise: Resort and Swim Wear

by cjg1 Updated Apr 9, 2013

Cruise is one of the many shops located at the Whalers Village. This shop carries women's swim and resort wear. My wife who has an ample collection of swimsuits had to check this place out and see if there was anything to add to her collection at home.

They did have a nice assortment of swimwear, hats and coverups in a multitude of colors. My wife only found one swimsuit she liked; the top was nice but the bottoms were not to her style preference. Oh well, maybe next time.

Whalers General Store: Something for Everyone

Exterior of the Front Street Location

Whaler's General Store has everything you could want or need under one roof. They carry local crafts, Hawaiian Souvenirs and gifts, snacks, liquor, sunscreen, candy, jewlry, toys, books, etc. My wife and I found ourselves exploring this shop on Front Street during our stop in Lahaina.

They have a nice selection of souvenir items that are nicely constructed and not cheap looking as they can be at other stores. My wife and I found a tin of Macadamian Nut Cookies that had a picture of a Dog and Cat on the cannister that read, "Maholo for Watching our Pets". This became a perfect gift for our friend Lydia back home who was watching our Kitty Stevie while we were away.

Maui Divers Jewelers: Tropically Inspired Jewelry

by cjg1 Written Mar 8, 2013

Maui Divers is one of the largest jewelry retailer in Hawaii with shops spread across the islands. They specialize in Hawaiian themed jewelry and have a large selection of rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings. My wife and I first visited their shop at the Sheraton in Waikiki but really weren't thrilled with the pushiness of thesales person.

When were were in the Whalers Village, I suggested my wife go into their store and see if she fared better than the Waikiki store. We were immediately greeted by Juanita, who was so nice and friendly. My wife and her immediately got into conversation over her Michael Kors bag. I knew my wife had something in mind from this store but had no idea until she asked Juanita to see a White Gold Plumeria Pendant from the display case. Judging by the look in my wife's eyes; I knew she loved it. It is a simple design with a diamond in the center of the flower; my wife likes things that are simple and elegant; not flashy, so this was definitely her style.

Juanita found several white gold chains to try with the pendant and my wife chose a white gold "Sparkle" chain (their name for it). Once the chain and pendant were on her neck, I was telling Juanita that we'll take it. The pendant looks so nice on my wife and I knew she loved it. Bonus for me, they were running a sale and the pendant was reduced by 30%; not bad at all.

We also had a free gift with our purchase. Juanita took my wife over to a tank filled with Oysters where she was to pick an Oyster out and see what was inside. My wife fished out an oyster with a pair of tongs and Juanita open the shell. Inside was a beautiful black pearl with a hint of purple to it. Juanita told us it was an unusual color and she normally didn't see that type coming out of their oysters. My wife was happy with her pearl and Juanita explained she would drill the hole in it so when she wanted to have it put in a setting it was ready to go.

We spent quite some time here talking with Juanita; my wife and her really hit it off. After all was said and done we left with a new necklace around my wife's neck and a pearl to set in the future. I was very happy with the customer service here and the quality of the merchandise. We will definitely return here and hopefull Juanita will sell us another beautiful piece of jewelry.

• Whale Watching
    • Beaches

• cjg1's Profile Photo

ABC Stores: If you can't find it here.....

by cjg1 Written Mar 8, 2013

Exterior of the Whalers Village Location

ABC Stores are located all over Oahu, Maui and Kona. You can't walk down a block without hitting a store or several stores. The stores range from small shops to large department sized stores. Everything you could want to buy are in these stores: food items, alcohol, souvenirs, clothing, makeup, toiletries, sun block, beach towels, candy, picture frames, beach coolers, hats and more. The prices here are very affordable so it is the perfect place to pick up some cheap souvenirs for the people back home.

During our trips we always find ourselves here picking up some souvenirs and gifts for the people back home. Our last trip to Hawaii brought us to various stores in Waikiki, Kona and Lahaina. It is important to save your receipts. ABC has a rewards program that entitles you to free gifts depending on the total amount of your receipts. Our last trip we saved all of our receipts from Oahu, Kona and Maui and were given a tote bag, insulated cooler bag and a large bag on wheels for free.

**ABC is definitely a bargain store. No items will "break the bank" or budget. It's also a great place to buy the souvenirs for the people back home without spending a fortune.**

• kimod74's Profile Photo

MAUI TEES (Wear Aloha): Cheap T-Shirts, Hats, and Souvenir Gifts!

by kimod74 Updated Jan 6, 2006

This is one of the many, many, many gift shops in the downtown harbor area of Lahaina. We stopped in because they had T-shirts for $3.99! What a deal, especially if you are buying a lot of souvenirs, gifts, etc. to bring home. They also have baseball caps that range in price from $3.99-$16.99. I bought a couple of the $3.99 caps, one for me and one for my sister. I do not like how the cheaper hats fit, I would suggest trying them all on and the more expensive ones actually are made better and look nicer, I just wanted something inexpensive as a souvenir. This store has all of the typical tourist gifts: hats, shotglasses, great smelling Hawaiian lotion, Hawaiian coffee at a good price, shirts, flip flops, you name it I'm sure you can find it here. Stop by and take a look!

What to buy: Jewelry, Lotion, Coffee, Hats, T-Shirts, Flip-Flops, coffee mugs and other typical tourist souvenirs.

What to pay: $3.99 + for hats and T-shirts. $7 - $15 for coffee. Lotion is on the expensive side, small bottles are around $4.99-$9.99 depending on what kind of lotions you get, OH BUT THEY SMELL SO WONDERFUL! Be sure to bring back Hawaiian lotion so you can always smell like the wonderful flowers of Hawaii!!

• Luxury Travel

• derats's Profile Photo

Totally Hawaiian Gift Gallery: Great Gifts

by derats Written Apr 18, 2004

Lahaina Cannery Mall

This gallery makes a good browse for its selection of Niihau shell jewelry, excellent Hawaiian CDs, Norfolk pine bowls, and Hawaiian quilt kits. Hawaiian quilt patterns sewn in Asia (at least they're honest about it) are labor-intensive, less expensive, and attractive, although not totally Hawaiian. Hawaiian-quilt-patterned gift wraps and tiles, perfumes and soaps, handcrafted dolls, and koa accessories are of good quality, and the artists, such as Kelly Dunn (Norfolk wood bowls), Jerry Kermode (wood), and Pat Coito (wood), are among the tops in their fields.

What to buy: Hawaiian Music by Local Artists.

Instant Answers: Lahaina

Comments

Lahaina Shopping

Reviews and photos of Lahaina shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lahaina sightseeing.