Hard Rock Cafe, Maui

Yum, Ice Cream Sandwich!
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Hula Grill: Love their Ice Cream Sandwich

by cjg1 Updated Jul 28, 2015

The Hula Grill is a favorite of ours. The food here is always good and the drinks are excellent. If there is one menu item that is a "must have", it is their Ice Cream Sandwich. Even if you are not a dessert lover, you will love this trust me on that.

The Ice Cream Sandwich consists of Vanilla ice cream, macadamia nut brownies, whipped cream, chocolate ganache and raspberry sauce. The flavor really is outstanding. The ice cream is so tasty and the brownies are decadent. The chocolate ganache and raspberry sauce just add to the yum of it all.

The portion they serve is huge. We have tried to share it just ourselves and never finished the portion. We recently had this with our friends Bob and Barbara during a day of celebrating my Big 40th birthday and even then we didn't finish it.

Yum, Ice Cream Sandwich! In front of the Hula Grill Enjoying my Birthday!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Need to Collect My Pins!

by GracesTrips Updated Dec 23, 2014

I seek out HRC where ever I go. I buy a couple of pins to add to my collection of pins. Sometimes I buy a shirt or jacket. Just depends on what they have and if it's something I would wear. I don't necessarily eat at all of them because they pretty much have the same menu even in Paris or Athens. I prefer dining on local cuisine but the HRC always has pretty good food!

• Fun4you's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Maui: Hard Rock Cafe Maui

by Fun4you Written May 5, 2006

For those of you who love the Hard Rock Cafe - this one does not disappoint. Same standard american menu as the rest with music paraphernalia adorning the walls, but very much island inspired. Very touristy. Large open windows to look out at the beautiful scenery and allows a nice cool breeze in the restaurant.

• Singles

• Erin74's Profile Photo

HulaGrill: Hula Grill: Great food/ cocktails on the beach

by Erin74 Written Dec 2, 2003

Hula Grill is located in Whaler's Village, right on the beach in Ka'anapali. It is a very popular spot, so you might have to wait a bit for a table. But it is worth the wait. The food here is very good and the atmosphere is upbeat.

Have a drink and appetizer at the Barefoot Bar. You'll sit under palm-thatched umbrullas right along the ocean. At night, there is often a Hawaiian band and dancers performing on the small stage at the front of the bar. The cocktails here are fantastic. I love the Lava Flows, but everything is good. The bar menu is really varied and yummy. The spicy coconut calamari is great, as are the crab cakes.

The dining room has a more elegant vibe and is well decorated. The food here is more expensive, but quite good. Try any of the fresh fish dishes.

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

Hula Grill and Barefoot Bar: Hula Grill

by virtualpatrick Written Oct 6, 2003

Okay so there was time spent at a touristy restaurant. The Hula Grill and Barefoot Bar is located again oceanside at the Whaler's Village shopping area.

I tried the coconut calamari with marina sauce and pina coladasss.

The restaurant plays hawaiian style live music in the evenings.

Hula Grill Restaurant

• seamandrew's Profile Photo

Hula Grill: Good food Hawaiian Style

by seamandrew Updated Jul 9, 2003

The Hula Grill provided an excellent variety of food with many tempting choices. After settling on our food, we sat back and enjoyed the ocean that was just a stone's throw away. The restaurant provides patio seating with a great view of the island of Lana'i. The ambience is more of a sit down, eat and leave type of place but it was still done comfortably.

Favorite Dish: I tried the Spicy Cococunt Calamari which was pretty good and the Grilled Fresh Island Fish (that day it was Mahi Mahi). I don't generally eat fish, but the Mahi Mahi was scrumptuous!

Elisabeth had theFruit Taster which provided her with a melange of Hawaiian fruits. Not only did she have the best pineapple on that dish but there was this little fruit called lychee which was awesome!

Their Pina Coladas where pretty good too.

Patio at the Hula Grill.

• dlytle's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Don't miss the Hard Rock Cafe in Maui

by dlytle Written Apr 19, 2003

The historical backdrop of Old Lahaina town (once the capital of Hawaii) provides an alluring setting for the Hard Rock Café on Front Street.

It features a quiet garden-style oasis where you can drink in majestic Pacific vistas, get a close-up glimpse of whales on their migration paths, or just sit back, relax, and enjoy the airy look and feel of their glorious open beam, A-frame ceiling.

They also have some marvelous, island-inspired memorabilia, including an entire wall dedicated to surfer greats Derek Ho, Brock Little, and Kelly Slater.

So when the surf's down, or even when it's up, get on over to one of the Hard Rock Café’s most exotic location - the Hard Rock Cafe Maui!

By the way, this is also a great place to get a prized Maui Hard Rock Shirt or other souvenior. I have Hard Rock Polo Shirts from around the world that I play golf in. They are great shirts and often start conversations about my travels.

Favorite Dish: I usually just order a beer and enjoy the atmosphere.

Hard Rock Cafe entrance in Lahaina, Maui

• dlytle's Profile Photo

Hula Grill at Whaler's Village: Hula Grill Oceanfront, open-air Restaurant

by dlytle Updated Apr 17, 2003

I am not a big “let’s go to Hawaii and find a good restaurant” kind of person. But I must tell you about one restaurant that would be special even if the food were not – which it is.

Located at Whalers Village on famous Kaanapali Beach, Hula Grill features beach front dining at its best. Its close-to-the-water location combined with its warm wooden walls, interesting collection of hula girl figurines, antique wooden canoes and other Hawaiian memorabilia evoke memories of a more romantic Hawaii of times past.

Reminiscent of Maui’s charm of the 1940’s, there are views of the ocean and the open kitchen where you can just sit back and relax under the palm trees that provide much-needed shade from the bright Maui sun. And the “Barefoot Bar” dining area is just that, you can sit at an beachside table, running your feet through the soft sand, while gazing out at the beautiful, sparkling ocean (or into your lover's eyes) and listening to the live music and the low hum of the relaxed conversations going on around you. The large bar is a straw-covered tiki hut that serves up luscious Lava Flows, Mai Tai’s and Pina Colodas, just as you’d expect - with pineapple, umbrella and all.

I personally think that this is "The" restaurant for honeymooners or those on a romantic rendezvous.

Sit outdoors at the Barefoot Bar, order drinks and a fried calamari appetizer, and just relax and marvel at the wonders of West Maui, where the sun sets slowly and Lanai looks like a giant whale offshore. It's really magical especially at sunset.

Favorite Dish: Everything was good. I liked my calamari appetizer as well as the fish and chips I wound up ordering.

Entrance to the Hula Grill

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo

The Hard Rock Cafe: Another Theme Restaurant

by AliasGirl Written Sep 24, 2004

Everyone has heard of these themed restuarants too. Although we didn't eat here, it was fun to see a restaurant that we are very familiar with.

Hubby in front of Hard Rock Cafe