Longhi's Restaurant, Maui

• Longhi's Restaurant
    Tuna
  • Longhi's Restaurant
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Longhi's: Really good food and atmosphere

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 25, 2015

This restuarnt is located at the Shops at Wailea just a few steps away from our hotel and we ate here twice during our first trip, twice during our second and once during our third trip, that's how good the food and service at this restaurant is. I have no complaints and we have always had good service and good

The restaurant has a really nice open airy feeling to it with some nice tables inside the terraza and tables and booths outside the terraza. There is a really nice bar as well (we did come here that same night for a few drinks).

We were doing some shopping at the Wailea Shops early in the evening when we realized it was time to stop and get something to eat. We walked around looking for a nice place to sit and grab a meal and decided to stop.

As we approached the front we were asked if we had reservations and we told them we didn't. The guy in the front told us to wait a few minutes and that we would have us seated promptly. We did wait more than 5 minutes when we were seated at a nice table in a terraza like area.

The service here was was excellent, our waiter was friendly and very attentive and the "manager/owner" (not sure, he didn't actually tell us) came over to us to personally greet us (he did this to all the tables), which I found to be a really nice touch. The restaurant is not cheap, but not too expensive either. The lunch and dinner menu is quite extensive with some really nice salad, sandwiches, seafood and pasta selections.

We looked over the menu and Ferni decided to have a burger, which they are known for. I was looking for something from the sea, but nothing too filling, so I went with the shrimp of scallops marinara.

As you are waiting for your order to come out the waiter brings over a nice dish full of doughy bread (almost like a pizza) which had a nice light sauce on them. We didn't wait long for our meal to arrive.

Our meals were excellent and we really enjoyed this place so much that we decided to come back the next day for a nice breakfast.

For Breakfast - We arrived at about 9:00 am and the place was already a bit crowded. The guy at the front recognize us from the prior day and greeted us warmly with a "welcome back", we are happy to have you here again today. He personally took us back to the terrazza which is a really nice area and told us to enjoy our meal. Our waitress was quite cheery and promptly came over with water and menus.

The breakfast menu is just as varied as the lunch and dinner menu and it took me a bit to decide what I wanted, but I finally did. I decided on the Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes with the caramelized macadamia nut topping and Ferni of course had the steak and eggs.

Favorite Dish: We ate here twice during our first trip, once for dinner and once for breakfast and our choices of food where excellent. The shrimp of scallops marina was really good, not too much sauce and the pasta was cooked perfectly. The shrimps were large and cooked perfectly as well. Ferni said his burger was excellent, juicy and cooked just right, he said his steak and eggs were just as good. My pancakes were slamming, the caramelized macadamia nuts were perfect and the vermont maple syrup always makes any pancakes taste yummier.

Shrimp scallops with linguine in marinara Burger burger Fries The doughy like pizza at the table Yummy, dessert!
    • Luxury Travel

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Longhi's(Lahaina Location): Great Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Mar 25, 2015

My wife and I were exploring Front Street in Old Town Lahaina and wanted to get some breakfast. My wife had a few places in mind and one of them was Longhi's. We came upon the restaurant and decided to have our morning meal here after checking out their posted menu.

The restaurant is quite deceiving from the outside, size wise. Inside is two large dining areas with more dining space upstairs. I was happy that we were able to get the last table by the large open windows facing the street and ocean beyond. Our waitress(Liz) brought over our menus and asked if we wanted any drinks. I chose an unsweetened iced tea and my wife stuck with ice water.

The breakfast menu had a nice variety of egg dishes, pancakes, french toast and breakfast pastry to chose from. After mulling over my choices I decided to have their Grand Marnier French Toast with real Vermont Maple Syrup(no fake stuff..yuck) with a side order of their thick cut bacon. My wife ordered a Cinnamon Bun and a side of their home fried potatoes.

I was surprised at how busy the place was and mostly with locals judging by the conversations we overheard. Our food arrived about ten minutes after we ordered and looked delicious. My French Toast was very god indded; nicely done with a good sweet flavor. I really enjoyed the thick cut bacon; great flavor and cooked to my liking. My wife's Cinnamon Bun astounded us with its large size(not sure why there was butter in a cup with it...guess its a mystery). That Cinnamon Bun definitely hit the spot with my wife, she loves all things cinnamon. The Home fried potatoes were very good; I helped her finish up the portion.

I was really happy with our choice here. The food quality was excellent, the service was friendly and the view was quite nice. I'd definitely return here for another meal.

**They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.**
    Breakfast: 7:30 am to 11:30 am
    Lunch: 11:45 am to 4:30 pm
    Dinner: 4:45 pm to 9:30 pm

Having visited the Longhi's in Wailea; I would definitely say this is the better location and we enjoyed our food more here.

Favorite Dish: The French Toast is very good. I would have it again in a heart beat. The bread was sweet and tasty and cooked just right with a crispy edge to it. It was also good to have Real Maple Syrup; so many places serve that gross fake maple flavored syrup. The potatoes and bacon were also very nice and cooked properly.

Grand Marnier French Toast Enjoying my Birthday Breakfast Thick Cut Bacon Cinnamon Bun Home Fried Potatoes
    • Beaches

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Longhi's (Wailea Location): Better Service than Food

by cjg1 Updated Dec 30, 2014

Our first night in Wailea we wound up at Loghi's after a bit of shopping at the Shops at Wailea. Longhi's is one of three restaurants located in this shopping area. We had eaten at their location in Lahaina so we figured it would be just as good.

Upon arriving at the restaurant it was a bit of a mess. No one was at the hostess station and we waited some time before someone came along asking if we needed help. After we said we wanted a table for dinner, he said oh some one will be along and left. Strange...but we waited and were finally shown to a table for two and given menus.

Our waitress Quiana appeared and took our drink order while explaining some of the specials for the evening. After perusing through the long listing of pasta, seafood, meat and chicken entrees I decided on the Ahi prepared island style. My wife chose their Seafood Risotto. While we waited along came a plate of tomato and jalapeno bread which was sort of a pizza bread resembling a Sicilian pie. The tomato one was good but the jalapeno was too spicy.

Our waitress arrived rather quickly with our entrees and the looked rather good. My tuna was good but not what I expected. It was a cold presentation which was not mentioned on the menu. It was tasty and good but threw me off. My wife was not happy with her meal at all. The Lobster meat in the risotto was very good but the sauce and risotto itself were overly salted. I tried a bite of the risotto and needed half a glass of iced tea to get the salt taste out of my mouth..yuck. My wife ate the Lobster and left the rest since she was just too tired to complain.

Would I give this place another try...maybe but we'd order differently. The best part was the friendly and attentive service. And the next day at our resort for breakfast; our waitress Quiana was our waitress again. Wow, that woman works hard.

Seafood Risotto(October 2014) Tuna

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Longhi's Restaurant: If you love to eat, then this is the place

by BLewJay Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you are looking for breakfast, lunch or dinner, then this is the place. The menu is verbal rather than written, the food is prepared with the freshest available ingredients, breads and pastries are prepared fresh daily...when looking for a spot to enjoy an intimate meal for two or a rip-roaring celebration for 200, Longhi's is the place!!!

Favorite Dish: Our trip package included a presentation on things to do while in Maui and a complimentary breakfast at Longhi's. At first, we thought that this was some sort of time-share presentation, but it wasn't. The presentation was very informative, but the breakfast is what made this visit great.

When we arrived, we were offered some Kona Coffee (tasty, rich and hearty), delicious pastries (awesome and sweet) and your choice of Pineapple or Papaya/Strawberry juice. After learning about Maui, our breakfast included a huge portion of bacon and eggs.

Across the street from Longhi's

• ironylover's Profile Photo

Longhis: Just Outstanding

by ironylover Written Jun 29, 2004

I guess its mostly Italian but I think its mostly delicious and fun to eat at. It used to be that there was no menu. The waiter/waitress was the menu and would recite everything. They still will if you ask and they are really good at their work. We ate at the Longhis in Lahaina at 8th and Front. Our table was by the open window and the busy 8th street foot traffic was just inchs away. Interesting.

My wife had the linguini with clams which was very good...but I had the fillet which absolutely melted in my mouth. It was great but way too much. I suggest getting two beef lovers to split it and have a salad. Otherwise its too much food.

So if you want island casual dining with excellent food and service I'd say give this place a shot. We ate early around 6:45 on a Thursday and just walked in. Later than that and I think you'll need a reservation.

Instant Answers: Maui