Places to eat in Maui

Most Viewed Restaurants in Maui

Twin Falls Farm Stand: Get a freshing smoothie

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 26, 2015

At the entrance to the Twin Falls is this fruit and smoothie stand. It's a great place to grab a cooling smoothie after your hike to the falls. They have all sorts of fresh fruits as well and refreshing drinks.

We enjoyed a great smoothie after our trip back from the falls.

The fruit and smoothie stand at the entrance
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Beaches

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Cheeseburger Island Style: Not such a great breakfast!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 26, 2015

We were looking to have breakfast at different place during this visit and decided on stopping in here. Actually, we should have gone back to Longhi's. We arrived very early, before they opened and had to wait about 20 minutes before we were seated.

We were seated and handed our menus and asked if we wanted anything to drink. I ordered coffee and an oj. We took a look at the menu and I decided on an omelette and French Toast. Our meal arrived about 10 minutes later and I was so disappointed. My omelette wasn't good at all, my wheat toast barely toasted and the potatoes were horrible. The French toast lacked any flavor and the syrup was watery.

In all fairness, this is a burger joint that also serves breakfast, so maybe the burgers are better than the breakfast? All I know is that we definitely wouldn't make this another breakfast stop, especially with other places in the area.

Waiting for the awful breakfast French toast My omelette Bacon The interior of the restaurant
    • Wine Tasting

Kuma Bar & Grille: Grabbing a drink and snack

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 26, 2015

The Kuma Bar & Grille is located on the grounds of the Wailea Marriott and is a great place to grab some refreshing tropical drinks as well as a snack or meal. Come during their daily happy hours from 3-5 and enjoy some discounts on your favorite drinks.

Since we arrived early afternoon to the hotel we decided to spend the rest of our day enjoying the resort. The Kuma bar is located just steps away from the beautiful "adult only infinity pool". It was an easy decision to grab a few drinks and something to eat after enjoying some sun and the pool. (You can also order from here poolside, which we did as well).

We grabbed a few seats at the outdoor bar. I ordered my frozen Blue Hawaiian as usual. I was feeling a bit hungry and decided to order a mushroom and garlic flatbread which was quite yummy.

Favorite Dish: The menu is quite extensive with the usual burgers, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, nachos and a few other items.

We ordered the flatbread and I had the yummy Blue Hawaiian. We did also order some drinks from here while enjoying the pool.

My Frozen Blue Hawaiian Enjoying my drink at the bar Outdoor seating of the restaurant Delicious mushroom and garlic flatbread
    • Spa and Resort

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Bistro Molikini: Pizza poolside and late lunch too!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 26, 2015

Located inside the Grand Wailea is Bistro Molokini, which serves lunch and dinner daily. With a nice extensive menu which you can order poolside or at the restaurant.

The menu is California and island inspired with some favorites like nachos, onion rings, calamari, shrimp, salads, sandwiches, wraps, sliders, salads, and burgers.

Our first day at the resort we decided to order something to pick on poolside and ordered a pepperoni pizza and some frozen drinks. The second visit we had a late lunch before our flight back home. I ordered the calamari while my sweetie ordered the pepperoni pizza again.

Food was fresh and quite good. We would definitely eat here again on another visit.

There is a daily drink specials for $10 from 2-3, 8-9.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the pepperoni pizza twice and it was quite yummy, with gooey cheese. I also ordered the calamari which was very good.

Prices are above average with the calamari with chipolte sauce being $18 and the pizza $20. Resort prices, what do you expect :(

Our pepperoni pizza poolside At the restauant for a late lunch Calamari with chipolte sauce Pizza again at the restaurant Views of the pacific and neighboring islands
    • Wine Tasting

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Grand Dinning Room (at Grand Wailea): Breakfast to start the day!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 26, 2015

We were given free breakfast daily as a Hilton Honors Diamond member here at the Grand Dining room. We had a choice of either buffet or picking something from the menu. I personally will always choose to pick fresh made from the menu then a buffet.

We were seated outside in a nice table with shade over looking the pool grounds and the pacific ocean. It's a great way to start your morning. Menu's were handed and we perused it while waiting for our drink orders. The menu is nice with the usual breakfast items with island dash of course.

We settled in nicely and a waitress came over with coffee and asked if we wanted anything to drink. I decided on coffee as well as some water, Ferni ordered his orange juice.

I looked at the menu and decide on macadamia nut pancakes, I love them. My babe decided on French toast.

Service was excellent and so was the service. The location is quite beautiful as well and gave us a nice start to our day.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the macadamia nut pancakes while my sweetie ordered the French toast. Our meal was fresh and yummy. Sorry, didn't notice the prices of the dishes, but on average in a resort breakfast is around $20-$30.

Macadamia nut pancakes French toast Outside dinning area Beautiful vaulted ceilings at the buffet area
    • Spa and Resort
    • Beaches

Mala Wailea: Breakfast on our first morning in Maui

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 26, 2015

During out first visit to Maui we were staying at the Marriott Wailea so we decided to have breakfast at the Mala Wailea, which is the restaurant located at the Wailea Marriott.

The decor is nice and simple with a Pacific Asian theme. There are plenty of tables as well as a nice large bar, booths and a lounge type area.

The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with a nice selection of items to choose from.

We arrived very early this morning as we were heading out for some exploring. We were promptly seated at a nice table overlooking the beautiful ocean. We were given our menus and some water and we placed our order.

I decided I was sticking with the theme of macadamia nuts and tried their version of the macadamia nut pancakes with a dolop of macadamia nut butter cream which was a butter whipped with bites of macadamia nuts, quite yummy! I also wanted a small side of potatoes and my sweetie went with the French Toast with fresh fruit which was quite good. I had a Kona coffee and some water whilemy babe had a juice.

Favorite Dish: The macadamia nut pancakes were excellent, as was Ferni's French Toast.

French Toast My macadamia nut with butter cream pancakes My potatoes Our view from our table Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones ate here
    • Luxury Travel

Morimoto's: Excellent Birthday Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Jan 13, 2015

Morimoto's is a celebrity chef restaurant on the property of the Andaz in Wailea. I'm not normally a fan of celebrity chef restaurants; both my wife and I decided to give it a try for her Birthday Dinner.
    The hotel made us 6pm dinner reservations which would be perfect to catch the sunset. When we checked in at the hostess station they greeted us warmly and wished my wife a Happy Birthday which was nice.

We were show to a nice table with a good view of the sunset and handed menus. As we were perusing the extensive menu our waitress came over with two glasses of complimentary champagne for my wife's Birthday (again, nice touch). After quite some time we finally were ready to order (the menu has so much to choose from it is hard to narrow things down). My wife chose the Maui Onion soup for her appetizer and the whole roasted lobster ‘épice’ for her entree. I chose their morimoto bone marrow for an appetizer and the Chef's combination sushi platter. My wife convinced me to try a Japanese uni roll as well.

As we waited for our appetizers we sipped our champagne and watched the beautiful sunset. Wow, I really loved it here; the atmosphere was amazing and I loved being outside. Our appetizers arrived shortly thereafter and looked amazing. My bone marrow was a large portion and incredibly good. My wife's soup had a presentation element: a bowl with a caramelized onion was presented on the table. They then poured the broth onto the onion from an ornate tea pot. finally a Parmesan crisp was added on top. Wow, very nice presentation. My wife liked the soup but said it wasn't the best she has had probably due to the soup stock being veal.

Entrees were the real show stopper of the meal. My wife's Lobster was presented beautifully with a garam masala and a side of lemon crème fraîche. Needless to say she loved every bite and even gave me a piece to try which was amazing. The spices were incredible. My chef's combination sashimi platter looked like a work of art; almost to pretty to eat. The fish was arranged in decorative pieces on top of a mountain of shaved ice in a round bowl. It was amazingly fresh, tasty and delicious. It was so much fish; I couldn't finish it all. The Japanese Uni roll was a surprisingly good treat. I had never had uni before and my wife loves it and told me if I was to try it..this is where i should have it. God, she was right. The flavor was buttery, creamy and just yum for lack of a better word. I will definitely have this again in the future.

Now on to dessert...we were both pretty full but decided to share a dessert as it was my wife's birthday. We decided to share the homemade doughnuts. This part is amusing. My wife's back was to the kitchen so she didn't see our waitress coming to the table with the dessert that had a lit candle on top. two steps from the table the candle blows out and the poor woman went back to lite it again. The dessert arrived with a Happy Birthday and my wife blew out her candle. This was an amazing dessert. Six pillowy light doughnuts covered with cinnamon sugar were in a bowl. Next to them were three dipping sauces:waialua chocolate, sake caramel, apple banana cheesecake. These were absolute heaven; so soft and sweet plus the dipping sauces were amazing.

This was an amazing dinner and I was so glad we came here. The service and food are top notch.

Tasty Lobster delicious Bone Marrow Incredible Sashimi Delicious Dessert

Cheeseburger Island Style (Wailea Location): Good Lunch

by cjg1 Updated Jan 13, 2015

Cheeseburger Island Style is one of four restaurants located at the Shops in Wailea. We had lunch here on two occasions during our 2014 trip; once after some time on the beach and another with our friends Bob and Barbara who live locally. As the name implies; the focus food wise here is Burgers. They serve brekafast, lunch and dinner here.

The vibe here is very casual which is perfect for me. The restaurant is a nice size with a good bar area. the menu has an array of different cheeseburgers, sandwiches, appetizers and salads with a bit of Island Flair. They have a nice drink menu full of tropical libations, beer and wine to choose from. Drinks can be served in keepsake glasses for an additional fee if you'd like a glass as a souvenir of your trip.

On our first visit I chose the Pork Sandwich which was amazing; the best pork I have ever had. It was juicy, flavorful and had this salty brine to it that was just so good. My wife chose some cheeseburger bites with onion rings which she really enjoyed. For drinks I had my Favorite; a Mai Tai and my wife had her favorite; a Lava Flow. Both drinks were very good and priced much cheaper than the resorts.

Our second visit here for lunch I had the Ahi sandwich while everyone else had the Fish and Chips. Again, I loved my food. Great sandwich with good flavor. Everyone enjoyed their Fish and Chips and I even helped my wife finish her portion.

Good service, god vibe, good food...I'll be back

My wife enjoying her cheeseburger minis(10-2014) I'm liking this place... Lava Flow & Mai Tai My Pig Sandwich Baby Cheeseburgers and Onion Rings

Monkeypod: Better Lunch than Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Jan 13, 2015

We ate here twice during our October 2014 trip; once for lunch and then for dinner. We had heard good reviews of this place from our shuttle driver and various employees at the Andaz so we decided to give it a try.

The restaurant is a large size with an outdoor patio and long bar inside. When we came here for lunch it wasn't too busy so there was no wait for a table. The menu here has a little bit of everything; burgers, chicken, fish pasta and wood fired pizzas. After perusing the menu I wanted to try their fish tacos. My wife chose their Hamakua Wild Mushroom pizza which was a dish that was recommended to her by staff at our hotel. Our waitress here was very nice and kept our unsweetened ice tea constantly refilled which was appreciated.

My fish tacos were very tasty but rather small and not in double wrapped tortillas as I would have expected (they were falling apart due to the lack of double wrapper). My wife's pizza was an individual portion but was still very large for one to eat. She didn't finish it but I was happy to help her out and I was glad I did. The pizza was amazingly good with tons of cheese and heaps of mushrooms. We wound up taking two slices wrapped up back to our hotel for later. This was a very satisfying lunch.

Several nights later we came back here for dinner and boy the place was jammed. We waited a short time for a table. The dinner menu is very similar to the lunch menu with a few additions. This time I chose the Fresh Island Fish Sandwich which was mahi mahi. My wife chose to have pasta; the gnocchi. The food arrived quickly which surprised us due to the busy dining room. My sandwich was definitely overcooked but the thai sauce on the fish made it tolerable. My wife was rather disapointed in her gnocchi; they were more like mashed potato balls that they pan fried. She did like the sauce and the goat cheese in the dish. So dinner wasn't great but we would come back here for lunch.

Fish Tacos for Lunch (October 2014) Hamakua Wild Mushroom pizza Fish Sandwich Gnocchi

Ka’ana Kitchen: Excellent Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Jan 13, 2015

My wife and I enjoy a nice, large breakfast while on vacation. With Busy lives at home it is not often we can enjoy a good breakfast except on weekends. Ka’ana Kitchen was our choice for breakfast while staying at the Andaz (they also serve dinner here as well). This restaurant believes in the farm to table experience and the food is supplied from only local farmers; which I appreciate. The restaurant itself is a large space with both indoor and outdoor seating. Simple décor and an open concept in deign give this a nice relaxing vibe. Most days we chose to enjoy the outdoor patio for breakfast but there were two days we chose inside due to the heat/inclement weather

Every morning we started our day with breakfast here. We were always grated warmly and asked our seating preference. The menu has a large sampling of a la carte items as well as two types of buffet options to choose from. The first buffet choice is the Ka’ana Pantry ($28 a person or free for Diamond Status Hyatt guests); which includes fruit, eggs, cured meats & cheeses, bread and pastries, as well as some house made specialties. This option includes a choice of one side dish from the menu as well as orange juice, apple juice, POG or coffee as your beverage.

The second buffet option is the Breakfast Experience ($45 a person; it was $15 for us being Diamond Status with Hyatt). We chose the Breakfast Experience everyday as it was full of some amazing choices: made to order waffles and pancakes with an assortment of toppings and choice of coconut or pure maple syrup, various egg dishes, potato, thick cut bacon, sausages, pastries, breads, fruit, cheeses, yogurt, cereals, Asian specialties, breakfast sandwiches and fresh juice prepared by a mixologist.

Every day we enjoyed sampling something new as well as enjoying some of our favorites. My wife adored their pancakes and said they were on par with her Grandmother’s which to here are the best. She had a few varieties but loved the caramel chip pancakes the best with some tasty maple syrup. The bacon here was hands down the best bacon I have had anywhere and my wife agrees. The breakfast potatoes were prepared several different ways during our stay and were amazingly good. The Asian offerings were delicious; the steamed buns, rice mixes and vegetables were deliciously good. The freshly made, warm, sugared donuts were unbelievably good..absolutely melt in your mouth. The juices from the Mixologist were incredibly fresh and tasty. There was not a thing on the buffet that wasn’t good.

The service here is as incredible as the food. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home and happy. There wasn’t a single need that wasn’t met; they are top notch. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area to try this place for breakfast; you will be happy you did.

My wife enjoying her POG juice (October 2014) Delicious Pancakes with Caramel Chips Fresh Squeezed Juices Breakfast steam bu, fresh donuts, fruit and bacon A yummy sampling from the buffet

Mokapu Market: Good Quick Serve Food but at Resort Prices

by cjg1 Updated Dec 30, 2014

Mokapu Market is a quick service food option/market located in the Andaz. Hurricane Ana was upon the island and it was extremely windy and raining outside so we chose to grab some lunch here. They had a small menu with flat breads, sandwiches, soups and salads to choose from. I decided to have their sliced steal pannini and my wife had the Margarita flat bread. It was typical overpriced resort food but decent enough considering we didn't have any other options.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a: Wonderful Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Dec 30, 2014

Humuhumunukunukuapua’a is a restuarant at the Grand Wailea resort named after the state fish of Hawaii and yes I can say its name. Most people call it Humu as it is much easier to pronounce. This restaurant has been voted the most Romantic in Wailea for several years running and we both wanted to check it out after seeing some good reviews online.

We booked our reservation for 5:30 pm as we wanted to have a nice waterside table for the sunset views. We arrived a few minutes early and were then seated promptly at 5:30 at a nice table for two on the lagoon edge. From the moment we arrived I loved the look and vibe of this place. The restaurant is a Polynesian thatched roof building that seems to float on the million gallon salt water lagoon filled with fish. It took some time before we perused the menu because we were taking in all the fish of the lagoon as well as the sculptures that rose out from the lagoon water.

The menu has a nice selection of meat, fish, seafood, pork and chicken items all with a bit of Polynesian/Hawaiian flair. It was hard to narrow down a choice; as everything sounded so delicious. I finally settled on the Hoisin and Pear Braised Kobe Short Ribs; I really enjoy good short ribs. My wife chose their Surf & Turf for her entree. We decided to forgo appetizers as to save room for our dinner and on the table was some interesting purple rolls made from taro flour which were very good and warm.

Our food arrived rather quickly and was presented beautifully. I loved my short ribs; so tender and the sauce was so tasty. The only thing I would complain about is the portion was smaller than I expected it to be. On the other hand, my wife's meal was a huge portion of Lobster tail and filet Mignon. I had to help her finish her meal as she was more than full after the tail and a bite of her filet. This was an awesome meal indeed and I was glad we ventured to this resort to try it out; the reviews were spot on.

The view here is great of the beach and the sunset. We had some amazing color changes in the sky during our meal which only enhanced the great atmosphere and food. Our waitress Christine was amazing; so friendly and nice; we even had a free dessert of Humu pie courtesy of her which was incredibly good.

Surf & Turf Humu Pie Short Ribs My wife and I enjoying our Humu dinner (10-2014) Sunset view from our table

Longhi's (Wailea Location): Better Service than Food

by cjg1 Updated Dec 30, 2014

Our first night in Wailea we wound up at Loghi's after a bit of shopping at the Shops at Wailea. Longhi's is one of three restaurants located in this shopping area. We had eaten at their location in Lahaina so we figured it would be just as good.

Upon arriving at the restaurant it was a bit of a mess. No one was at the hostess station and we waited some time before someone came along asking if we needed help. After we said we wanted a table for dinner, he said oh some one will be along and left. Strange...but we waited and were finally shown to a table for two and given menus.

Our waitress Quiana appeared and took our drink order while explaining some of the specials for the evening. After perusing through the long listing of pasta, seafood, meat and chicken entrees I decided on the Ahi prepared island style. My wife chose their Seafood Risotto. While we waited along came a plate of tomato and jalapeno bread which was sort of a pizza bread resembling a Sicilian pie. The tomato one was good but the jalapeno was too spicy.

Our waitress arrived rather quickly with our entrees and the looked rather good. My tuna was good but not what I expected. It was a cold presentation which was not mentioned on the menu. It was tasty and good but threw me off. My wife was not happy with her meal at all. The Lobster meat in the risotto was very good but the sauce and risotto itself were overly salted. I tried a bite of the risotto and needed half a glass of iced tea to get the salt taste out of my mouth..yuck. My wife ate the Lobster and left the rest since she was just too tired to complain.

Would I give this place another try...maybe but we'd order differently. The best part was the friendly and attentive service. And the next day at our resort for breakfast; our waitress Quiana was our waitress again. Wow, that woman works hard.

Seafood Risotto(October 2014) Tuna

Leilani's: Delicious Beachside Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Dec 30, 2014

We were visited Maui the day of my 40th Birthday My wife had planned for us to have dinner here at Leilani's and had reservations for the start of the dinner hour. We had a long day of shopping, exploring and hanging out with some of my friends who live locally.

The restaurant is located in the Whalers Village overlooking the beach. The restaurant has two floors; the lower level is their casual dining venue(Beach side Grill) and the upper level is for dinner. We arrived a little early for our reservation but we shown to our table after a five minute wait. Our table was upstairs, overlooking the beach and water below. Absolutely an amazing view of Ka'anapali Beach with both Molokai and Lanai clearly in the distance. At this point I thought that even if the food is crap, the view is worth it.

Our waiter handed us menus(dinner and drink) for us to peruse. As we mulled over the dinner offerings; a basket of warm bread and butter was brought to the table. The menu has a nice selection of food; meat dishes, chicken, seafood and local fish. I was impressed by their use of locally grown and caught ingredients. Our waiter appeared again and we placed our order. I chose the Cracker and Parmesan Dusted Local Fish(can't remember the name of the fish) for my entree with the Iceberg Wedge for an appetizer. Liz chose the Mushroom Ravioli as an appetizer and the Twin Lobster Tails as her entree. As for drinks; I stuck with an unsweetened ice tea(we had way too many drinks at the Hula Grill next door earlier in the day). My wife chose a Mango Iced tea which had fresh Mango puree(nice touch).

As we waited for our appetizers we had some of that delicious warm bread and watched the boats out on the water. Absolutely beautiful view; even if the food was crap(which it wasn't), I'd come here for the view(fortunately the food was excellent). Our appetizers arrived and I was very happy with my choice. The blue cheese dressing was very creamy with chunks of blue cheese throughout. The thick sliced bacon chunks were very good on top. My wife loved her mushroom ravioli. The filling was very good and the sauce was tasty...I only had a bite so she could enjoy the rest herself.

Our entrees arrived about ten minutes after the table was cleared of our appetizers. My fish looked very good but paled in comparison to the bright red, large Lobster Tails on my wife's plate. My fish was good, I enjoyed the flavor but not exactly what I expected. My wife on the other hand was thrilled with her choice....after having a bite of her Lobster I knew why. The Lobster meat was very sweet and delicious. Needless to say, the Lobster was gone very quickly off her plate. Our waiter came by and asked how the meal was; we of course said we hated it(kidding around) with empty plates before us and a big smile on our faces.

As for dessert; their simply wasn't room. Even though it was my Birthday Dinner I couldn't manage another bite and I had already had three birthday cakes already on the trip. I truly enjoyed this meal and loved the casual island vibe. The view is amazing and provided a perfect backdrop for such a special dinner. I will definitely return again.

Iceberg Wedge with Blue Cheese & Bacon Cracker and Parmesean Dusted Local Fish Mango Iced Tea Mushroom Ravioli with Parmesan Shavings Oven Roasted Twin Lobster Tails

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

The Gazebo Restaurant Napili: Only Open for Breakfast & Lunch

by GracesTrips Updated Dec 23, 2014

This was a tip I got on VT as a great place to have breakfast. Well, I think word got out and count on a line to be seated. You can (as we did) order your food to go. It's faster service and then you can sit pool side (as we did) and eat your breakfast. At least if you're standing in line, coffee is available to the side and you can help yourself. It's a bit difficult to find. First look for the Napili Shores Condos and park in the parking lot. Walk all the way towards the beach and the restaurant is right there.

What?! Breakfast Burrito with rice or potatoes Walking toward the Gazebo View from Pool Side at the restaurant

Maui Hotels

5 Reviews - 19 Photos
Mauna Loa Hotels
5 Hotels

Instant Answers: Maui

Comments

Maui Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Maui restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Maui sightseeing.
Map of Maui