Stores, Malls or Markets in Maui

Most Viewed Shopping in Maui

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Art Galleries on Front Street: Art Galleries in Lahaina

by Roadquill Written Feb 21, 2014

There are a number of art galleries on Front Street in Lahaina. From local shops on the East end featuring works by local Maui artists, to galleries such as Martin Lawrence featuring more well known artists such as Picasso.

Art Gallery on Front Street
    • Photography

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Typical Souvenir Shops: Souvenirs ad nauseum in Lahaina

by Roadquill Written Feb 21, 2014

Souvenir shops line Front Street in Lahaina. Wind chimes, carved tikis, t shirt places, all squeezed together, and walk a few doors down and more of the same. Fortunately there are a number of places you can get a cold beer close by.

• Photography

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Whalers General Store: A Bit of Everything....

by cjg1 Updated Aug 2, 2013

Whaler's General Store has everything you could want or need under one roof. They carry local crafts, Hawaiian Souvenirs and gifts, snacks, liquor, sunscreen, candy, jewelry, toys, books, etc. My wife and I found ourselves exploring this shop on Front Street during our stop in Lahaina.

They have a nice selection of souvenir items that are nicely constructed and not cheap looking as they can be at other stores. My wife and I found a tin of Macadamia Nut Cookies that had a picture of a Dog and Cat on the cannister that read, "Maholo for Watching our Pets". This became a perfect gift for our friend Lydia back home who was watching our Kitty Stevie while we were away.

Tori Richard: Island Inspired Clothing

by cjg1 Updated Aug 1, 2013

Tori Richard is a store that has men and womens clothes with an island theme to it. The stores has a nice selection of men's shirts, pants and shorts. The shirts range in price and in fabric with cotton, linen and silk shirts. The selection of women's clothing ranged from casual to elegant resort wear with dresses, tops, skirts and accessories. The clothing is perfect for an island holiday or even a cruise. The clothes are well made and built for comfort without breaking the bank.

There are several stores on the island of Oahu and a location in Maui at the Whaler's Village. We stopped into both the Honolulu location at the Ala Moana and the Whaler's Village during our most recent trip in 2013. Unfortunately nothing really caught our eyes at either store so we left emply handed. Oh well maybe next trip...

Cruise: Swim and Resort Wear

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2013

Cruise is one of the many shops located at the Whalers Village. This shop carries women's swim and resort wear. My wife who has an ample collection of swimsuits had to check this place out and see if there was anything to add to her collection at home.

They did have a nice assortment of swimwear, hats and coverups in a multitude of colors. My wife only found one swimsuit she liked; the top was nice but the bottoms were not to her style preference. Oh well, maybe next time.

Maui Water Wear: Swimwear and Beach Accessories

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2013

Maui Water Wear is another of the many shops at the Whalers Village. The shop specializes in womens swimwear, coverups and beach accessories. After not finding a swimsit at Cruise, my wife decided to see if this place had anything to her liking.

They had a multitude of swimsuits in a rainbow of colors and designs. There just wasn't anything "unique" looking or different from what my wife already has to inspire a purchase. She did although find a nice pair of Havianas she liked and purchased.

Crazy Shirts: T-shirts and Island themed items

by Gypsystravels Written Jul 29, 2013

Ferni usually makes it a point to stop in at this shop whenver we are in Hawaii. They have a few locations in Oahu, Maui, Kaui, the Big Island and well as stores on the mainland.

They carry a very nice selection of unique inspired t-shirts either long or short sleeved as well as a host of other casual items like shorts, caps, polo shirts, tank tops, swimwear as well as sweats, hoodies and beach attire.

The quality and design of the shirts are worth the extra $$ you pay. Ferni has about 3 t-shirts and one long sleeve and they wash very well, do not shrink. He has two of the hats to co-ordinate with two of the t-shirts.

If you are a repeat customer like we are I'd suggest that you get their customer discount card. They stamp it with the amount of your purchases.

What to buy: Ferni has the Wylan T-shirt which he paid $38, the Wylan cap at $25, Mano Da Predator long sleeve tshirt which he paid $33, Tribal Mani Eha $27, Mano Dive Aumakua $27 and the Circuling Shark Hat $25.

Maui Tees: Tees for Everyone

by cjg1 Updated Jul 29, 2013

Maui Tees is best described as a souvenir store. They carry everything: tee shirts, swim trunks, books, jewelry, shot glasses, post cards, etc. They have a nice assortment of Maui themed tee shirts; especially for honeymooners.

My wife and I found a nice tee shirt for our nephew here for a nice price of $5.

Tommy Bahama: Resort Wear

by cjg1 Updated Jul 29, 2013

Tommy Bahama is one of the many stores located in the Whalers Village. The shops carry men and women's clothing, shoes, swimwear, accessories and homegoods.Tommy Bahama is a favorite store of ours and we have shopping in their stores for many years now.

Every store has different merchandise based on location. Obviously this Maui location won't carry their heavy sweaters or cold weather apparel but we found some different items here we haven't seen back home. The color this year for the store must be blue, as we found that the majority of their display items were blue in color. Blue is my favorite color and a favorite of my wife's so we were happy to peruse the blue merchandise.

I am usually the one who finds tons of items I like so I was happy when my wife found a couple for herself. She found a blue and tan cowboy hat, beach tote and a pair of flips; perfect for a beach holiday.

What to pay: Hat $108, Beach Tote $95 and the flips were $38.

Maui Divers Jewelers: Nice Tropical Themed Jewelry

by cjg1 Updated Mar 8, 2013

Maui Divers is one of the largest jewelry retailer in Hawaii with shops spread across the islands. They specialize in Hawaiian themed jewelry and have a large selection of rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings. My wife and I first visited their shop at the Sheraton in Waikiki but really weren't thrilled with the pushiness of thesales person.

When were were in the Whalers Village, I suggested my wife go into their store and see if she fared better than the Waikiki store. We were immediately greeted by Juanita, who was so nice and friendly. My wife and her immediately got into conversation over her Michael Kors bag. I knew my wife had something in mind from this store but had no idea until she asked Juanita to see a White Gold Plumeria Pendant from the display case. Judging by the look in my wife's eyes; I knew she loved it. It is a simple design with a diamond in the center of the flower; my wife likes things that are simple and elegant; not flashy, so this was definitely her style.

Juanita found several white gold chains to try with the pendant and my wife chose a white gold "Sparkle" chain (their name for it). Once the chain and pendant were on her neck, I was telling Juanita that we'll take it. The pendant looks so nice on my wife and I knew she loved it. Bonus for me, they were running a sale and the pendant was reduced by 30%; not bad at all.

We also had a free gift with our purchase. Juanita took my wife over to a tank filled with Oysters where she was to pick an Oyster out and see what was inside. My wife fished out an oyster with a pair of tongs and Juanita open the shell. Inside was a beautiful black pearl with a hint of purple to it. Juanita told us it was an unusual color and she normally didn't see that type coming out of their oysters. My wife was happy with her pearl and Juanita explained she would drill the hole in it so when she wanted to have it put in a setting it was ready to go.

We spent quite some time here talking with Juanita; my wife and her really hit it off. After all was said and done we left with a new necklace around my wife's neck and a pearl to set in the future. I was very happy with the customer service here and the quality of the merchandise. We will definitely return here and hopefull Juanita will sell us another beautiful piece of jewelry.

Variety of Necklaces and Earrings
    • Beaches

• cjg1's Profile Photo

ABC Stores: Everything you can need or want....

by cjg1 Updated Mar 8, 2013

ABC Stores are located all over Oahu, Maui and Kona. You can't walk down a block without hitting a store or several stores. The stores range from small shops to large department sized stores. Everything you could want to buy are in these stores: food items, alcohol, souvenirs, clothing, makeup, toiletries, sun block, beach towels, candy, picture frames, beach coolers, hats and more. The prices here are very affordable so it is the perfect place to pick up some cheap souvenirs for the people back home.

During our trips we always find ourselves here picking up some souvenirs and gifts for the people back home. Our last trip to Hawaii brought us to various stores in Waikiki, Kona and Lahaina. It is important to save your receipts. ABC has a rewards program that entitles you to free gifts depending on the total amount of your receipts. Our last trip we saved all of our receipts from Oahu, Kona and Maui and were given a tote bag, insulated cooler bag and a large bag on wheels for free.

**ABC is definitely a bargain store. No items will "break the bank" or budget. It's also a great place to buy the souvenirs for the people back home without spending a fortune.**

What to buy: While in Maui we bought several items at the ABC Stores: some childrens books for our nephew, some tote bags, magnets, tee shirts and an insulated cooler.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

ABC Stores: Store with about anything you want or may need

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 20, 2013

ABC Stores are found throughout the Hawaiian Islands and is a good place to find all those things Hawaiian. They have a nice selection of t-shirts, towels, shorts, jewelry, mugs, picture frames, tote bags, hats and caps, flip-flops, beach itesm like sun lotion and sun block, toiletries, food, water, drinks, and a host of other misc. items.

I find that many of the items here at the ABC store are quite inexpensive.

What to buy: I have purchased everyting from towels to picture frames to t-shirts for Leo, a pair of swim trunks for Ferni, water, sun tan lotion, goodies like macadamia nuts, coffee, a mug and a beach bag as well as a beach cooler.

What to pay: Inexpesive

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Maui Water Wear: Everything you need for fun in the sun!

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 20, 2013

I was looking to add to my collection of bathing suits and this place seemed to have a huge selection of them. They also carry a nice selection of cover-ups, hats, beach attire, flips and other beach related items.

I walked in and perused the many racks looking for the right bathing suit and cover up and after trying on a few picked up a nice bikini that fit me perfectly.

Prices can be a little steep, but hey, you're in Maui.

What to buy: Anything and everything beach, I purchased a nice bikini at a reasonable price.

What to pay: The bikini was $109

Store front

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

White House Black Market: Okay, nothing exceptional!!

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 20, 2013

This is yet another line of women's clothing that you can find in almost every single shopping center throughout the US.

The store carries a nice selection of white and black clothing and accessories for women including casual smart wear and nice "party" dresses. I like the fact that you don't have to spend too much money on a nice evening, cocktail or party dress and still look like you did.

During my visit to Maui I stopped in to see if there was anything I could find here that wasn't in any of the other locations near my home and to my disappointment they had the exact same items.

I did find a nice piece of costume jewelry to go with the dress I purchased at Cache!

What to buy: Women's clothing ranging from smart evening wear, dresses, blouses, skirts, tops as well as shoes, purses and accessories.

What to pay: Their prices are reasonable, most dresses can cost about $168, but if you come by during one of their sales, you can score a nice party dress for next to nothing ($49, even $29).

Store front

Whaler's General Store: Island gifts and trinkets to take back home

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 20, 2013

This is a very large department-like store that carries every thing you could possible need, want or desire. They have a large selection of food items, clothing, Hawaiian inspired trinkets, beach attire, books, t-shirts, frames, mugs, you name it.

Ferni and I were in search for a frame for one of our photos as well as a few items including macadamia nuts, a book for Leo (which I found) and a stuffed bear, a shot glass for Ferni and a baseball cap for me.

What to buy: We bought a few items here including a children's book for Leo as well as a stuffed bear, a mug and shot glass, a beautiful photo frame, some coffee and macadamia nuts as well as some drinks and water. As a present for our purchase we received a nice enviromentally friendly shopping bag.

What to pay: Prices varied depending on items but I found prices to be reasonble.

Ferni looking for a few gifts Snow globes and Hawaiin gifts Wooden plates and frames Leo Leo's Hawaiian Teddy

Maui Hotels

Haleakala National Park Hotels
49 Reviews - 161 Photos
Kaeleku Hotels

Instant Answers: Maui

Comments

Maui Shopping

Reviews and photos of Maui shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Maui sightseeing.
Map of Maui