Stores, Malls or Markets in Maui

by cjg1

Most Viewed Shopping in Maui

Cruise (Shops at the Grand Wailea Resort): Swimwear, beach wear and accesories

by cjg1 Updated Mar 13, 2015

Cruise is a swimsuit/resort wear shop located at the Grand Wailea Resort (we have also visited their shop at the Whaler's Village in Kanapali). We were exploring this resort before our dinner reservations at Humu when we came upon this store. My wife loves to add to her growing collection of swimsuits so we definitely had to stop in to peruse the merchandise.

We were greated friendly when we entered by two nice saleswomen. My wife checked out the two pieces and came across two she had to try on. One was a green and black bikini and one was a multicolored rainbow like fabric. She loved both suits so we both the two of them. My wife, ever the savvy shopper even had a coupon in her bag for 20% off one single item which we used. We left happy and my wife couldn't wait to wear her new suits in the surf.

What to buy: Bathingsuits, flips, cover ups, beach hats, etc.

What to pay: Most suits ran about $98 a piece (top and bottoms are sold seperately). My wife's two suits came to about $380 in total which is typical for most swimwear.

Crazy Shirts: T-shirts and Island themed items

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 27, 2015

We always makes it a point to stop in at this shop whenever we are in Hawaii. They have a few locations in Oahu, Maui, Kauai, the Big Island and well as stores on the mainland.

They carry a very nice selection of unique inspired t-shirts either long or short sleeved as well as a host of other casual items like shorts, caps, polo shirts, tank tops, swimwear as well as sweats, hoodies and beach attire.

The quality and design of the shirts are worth the extra $$ you pay. We purchased about 3 t-shirts and one long sleeve and they wash very well, do not shrink. He has two of the hats to co-ordinate with two of the t-shirts.

If you are a repeat customer like we are I'd suggest that you get their customer discount card. They stamp it with the amount of your purchases.

What to buy: My sweetie has the Wylan T-shirt which he paid $38, the Wylan cap at $25, Mano Da Predator long sleeve t-shirt which he paid $33, Tribal Mani Eha $27, Mano Dive Aumakua $27 and the Circuling Shark Hat $25.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

ABC Stores: Store with about anything you want or may need

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 27, 2015

ABC Stores are found throughout the Hawaiian Islands and is a good place to find all those things Hawaiian. They have a nice selection of t-shirts, towels, shorts, jewelry, mugs, picture frames, tote bags, hats and caps, flip-flops, beach items like sun lotion and sun block, toiletries, food, water, drinks, and a host of other misc. items.

I find that many of the items here at the ABC store are quite inexpensive.

What to buy: I have purchased everyting from towels to picture frames to t-shirts for Leo, a pair of swim trunks for Ferni, water, sun tan lotion, goodies like macadamia nuts, coffee, a mug and a beach bag as well as a beach cooler.

What to pay: Inexpesive

Whaler's General Store: Island gifts and trinkets to take back home

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 27, 2015

This is a very large department-like store that carries every thing you could possible need, want or desire. They have a large selection of food items, clothing, Hawaiian inspired trinkets, beach attire, books, t-shirts, frames, mugs, you name it.

We were in search for a frame for one of our photos as well as a few items including macadamia nuts, a book for Leo (which I found) and a stuffed bear, a shot glass and a baseball cap for me.

What to buy: We bought a few items here including a children's book for Leo as well as a stuffed bear, a mug and shot glass, a beautiful photo frame, some coffee and macadamia nuts as well as some drinks and water. As a present for our purchase we received a nice enviromentally friendly shopping bag.

What to pay: Prices varied depending on items but I found prices to be reasonble.

Snow globes and Hawaiin gifts Wooden plates and frames Leo's book Leo's Hawaiian Teddy
    • Beaches

White House Black Market: Okay, nothing exceptional

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 27, 2015

This is yet another line of women's clothing that you can find in almost every single shopping center throughout the US.

The store carries a nice selection of white and black clothing and accessories for women including casual smart wear and nice "party" dresses. I like the fact that you don't have to spend too much money on a nice evening, cocktail or party dress and still look like you did.

During my visit to Maui I stopped in to see if there was anything I could find here that wasn't in any of the other locations near my home and to my disappointment they had the exact same items.

I did find a piece of costume jewelry to go with the dress I purchased at Cache!

What to buy: Women's clothing ranging from smart evening wear, dresses, blouses, skirts, tops as well as shoes, purses and accessories.

What to pay: Their prices are reasonable, most dresses can cost about $168, but if you come by during one of their sales, you can score a nice party dress for next to nothing ($49, even $29).

Store front

Tori Richards: Island inspired clothing

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 27, 2015

Tori Richard's is a Hawaiian line of upper end clothing which I would categorize as leisure resort wear. They have a nice selection of men's clothing as well as women's clothing that typifies island wear.

Their clothing is made very well with fine materials and designs that evoke the free spirit of being on holiday. I love their clothing and during our visit we walked in to see if we could find him a short sleeved shirt, but to my dismay he didn't like any that were on display. We continued to look around and left empty handed. I am hoping that during our next visit their selection (color and design) would be more to our liking,

What to buy: They carry a decent selection of long and short sleeve dress shirts, polos, sweaters, slacks, dress shorts and pants as well as other island accessories.

What to pay: Depending on the item, the prices can range from inexpensive to expensive. Dress shirts can start anywhere from $114 depending on the blend.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Maui Water Wear: Everything you need for fun in the sun!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 27, 2015

I was looking to add to my collection of bathing suits and this place seemed to have a huge selection of them. They also carry a nice selection of cover-ups, hats, beach attire, flip-flops and other beach related items.

I walked in and perused the many racks looking for the right bathing suit and cover up and after trying on a few picked up a nice bikini that fit me perfectly.

Prices can be a little steep but hey, you're in Maui.

What to buy: Anything and everything beach, I purchased a nice bikini at a reasonable price.

What to pay: The bikini was $109

Store front

The Shops at Wailea: Wide variety of desinger and high end shopping

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 27, 2015

The Shops at Wailea are a high end open courtyard shopping center located right next door to the Marriott where we were staying. They shopping center has a nice selection of designer shops as well as other shops you can find in any shopping center across the US. They also have a few other shops where you can find local items as well as jewelry, beach attire, trinkets and gifts to take back home as well as grabbing something to eat.

We spent some time walking around the shops going in some of my favorite, shopping for some trinkets to take back home as well as shopping for some beach attire.

We also spent some time here at Longhi's were we had breakfast one day, dinner another and on our last night, a few drinks at the bar.

What to buy: You can find all sorts of items here

What to pay: Various price ranges from inexpensive to expensive

The wonderful fountain Open courtyard with palm trees The arcade entrance One of the shops here View from the top balcony level

Cache: Women's clothing and accessories

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 27, 2015

Cache is another women's apparel shop that you can find in most shopping centers throughout the US. They carry a nice selection of women's clothing like dressy party tops, dresses, pants and formal wear. They also carry a nice selection of jewelry and accessories.

I occasionaly will purchase something that really catches my eye and during our trip to Maui I was looking for a summery evening dress. The sales women was very helpful trying to help me find exactly what I was looking for which I did find. The dress was on sale for about $69 and was a perfect fit.

What to buy: Women's clothing and accessories

What to pay: Quite reasonbly priced

Cruise(Whaler's Village): Swim and Resort Wear

by cjg1 Updated Jan 16, 2015

Cruise is one of the many shops located at the Whalers Village. This shop carries women's swim and resort wear. My wife who has an ample collection of swimsuits had to check this place out and see if there was anything to add to her collection at home.

They did have a nice assortment of swimwear, hats and coverups in a multitude of colors. My wife only found one swimsuit she liked; the top was nice but the bottoms were not to her style preference. Oh well, maybe next time.

The Shops at Wailea: The Shops at Wailea

by cjg1 Updated Jan 14, 2015

The Shops at Wailea is one of the large shopping/dining areas located in Wailea. There are many shops, galleries and restaurants located here. There are the usual stores you'd find in most malls in America such as Tommy Bahama and the Gap. They also have some local shops such as ABC Stores, Maui Water Wear and Na Hoku. Since the shops are located in a more upscale resort section of Maui they have some high end shopping such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Tiffany's.
    There are several restaurants located here as well: Tommy Bahama Cafe, Ruth Chris, Longhi's, and Cheeseburger Island Style.

My wife and I spent some time here shopping during our most recent trip to Maui; the shops were in walking distance from our resort. We found some souvenirs for the folks back home here as well as some clothes and swimwear for the both of us. We dined at Longhi's and Cheeseburger Island Style as well.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Whalers Village in Kaanapali: Very Nice Shopping Center

by GracesTrips Updated Dec 23, 2014

What a very nice shopping center right next to the beach! And, some nice restaurants along a walking path with great view right along the ocean. What more can you ask for? I especially like this store called Totally Hawaiian. A gift shop with beachy things but nice quality items that you would want to buy for your home.

• Women's Travel

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

ABC Store: Not as many as in Oahu!

by GracesTrips Updated Dec 23, 2014

The ABC store is just amazing. This is where you will pick up those souvenirs for your family and friends and it won't cost you an arm and a leg! I didn't buy many souvenirs on this trip but in the past, the Hawaii nail clippers were cheap and a big hit with my co-workers. I kept a few pairs for myself and I use them regularly. The snacks are even pretty good such as the dried mangoes. This one is in Lahaina but I'm sure there are more of them here and there in Maui.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Art Galleries on Front Street: Art Galleries in Lahaina

by Roadquill Written Feb 21, 2014

There are a number of art galleries on Front Street in Lahaina. From local shops on the East end featuring works by local Maui artists, to galleries such as Martin Lawrence featuring more well known artists such as Picasso.

Art Gallery on Front Street
    • Photography

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Typical Souvenir Shops: Souvenirs ad nauseum in Lahaina

by Roadquill Written Feb 21, 2014

Souvenir shops line Front Street in Lahaina. Wind chimes, carved tikis, t shirt places, all squeezed together, and walk a few doors down and more of the same. Fortunately there are a number of places you can get a cold beer close by.

• Photography

5 Reviews - 19 Photos
Mauna Loa Hotels
5 Hotels

Instant Answers: Maui

Comments

Maui Shopping

Reviews and photos of Maui shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Maui sightseeing.
Map of Maui