Stores, Malls or Markets in Maui

Most Viewed Shopping in Maui

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Typical Souvenir Shops: Souvenirs ad nauseum in Lahaina

by Roadquill Written Feb 21, 2014

Souvenir shops line Front Street in Lahaina. Wind chimes, carved tikis, t shirt places, all squeezed together, and walk a few doors down and more of the same. Fortunately there are a number of places you can get a cold beer close by.

• Photography

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Whalers General Store: A Bit of Everything....

by cjg1 Updated Aug 2, 2013

Whaler's General Store has everything you could want or need under one roof. They carry local crafts, Hawaiian Souvenirs and gifts, snacks, liquor, sunscreen, candy, jewelry, toys, books, etc. My wife and I found ourselves exploring this shop on Front Street during our stop in Lahaina.

They have a nice selection of souvenir items that are nicely constructed and not cheap looking as they can be at other stores. My wife and I found a tin of Macadamia Nut Cookies that had a picture of a Dog and Cat on the cannister that read, "Maholo for Watching our Pets". This became a perfect gift for our friend Lydia back home who was watching our Kitty Stevie while we were away.

Tori Richard: Island Inspired Clothing

by cjg1 Updated Aug 1, 2013

Tori Richard is a store that has men and womens clothes with an island theme to it. The stores has a nice selection of men's shirts, pants and shorts. The shirts range in price and in fabric with cotton, linen and silk shirts. The selection of women's clothing ranged from casual to elegant resort wear with dresses, tops, skirts and accessories. The clothing is perfect for an island holiday or even a cruise. The clothes are well made and built for comfort without breaking the bank.

There are several stores on the island of Oahu and a location in Maui at the Whaler's Village. We stopped into both the Honolulu location at the Ala Moana and the Whaler's Village during our most recent trip in 2013. Unfortunately nothing really caught our eyes at either store so we left emply handed. Oh well maybe next trip...

Maui Water Wear: Swimwear and Beach Accessories

by cjg1 Updated Jul 31, 2013

Maui Water Wear is another of the many shops at the Whalers Village. The shop specializes in womens swimwear, coverups and beach accessories. After not finding a swimsit at Cruise, my wife decided to see if this place had anything to her liking.

They had a multitude of swimsuits in a rainbow of colors and designs. There just wasn't anything "unique" looking or different from what my wife already has to inspire a purchase. She did although find a nice pair of Havianas she liked and purchased.

Maui Tees: Tees for Everyone

by cjg1 Updated Jul 29, 2013

Maui Tees is best described as a souvenir store. They carry everything: tee shirts, swim trunks, books, jewelry, shot glasses, post cards, etc. They have a nice assortment of Maui themed tee shirts; especially for honeymooners.

My wife and I found a nice tee shirt for our nephew here for a nice price of $5.

Tommy Bahama: Resort Wear

by cjg1 Updated Jul 29, 2013

Tommy Bahama is one of the many stores located in the Whalers Village. The shops carry men and women's clothing, shoes, swimwear, accessories and homegoods.Tommy Bahama is a favorite store of ours and we have shopping in their stores for many years now.

Every store has different merchandise based on location. Obviously this Maui location won't carry their heavy sweaters or cold weather apparel but we found some different items here we haven't seen back home. The color this year for the store must be blue, as we found that the majority of their display items were blue in color. Blue is my favorite color and a favorite of my wife's so we were happy to peruse the blue merchandise.

I am usually the one who finds tons of items I like so I was happy when my wife found a couple for herself. She found a blue and tan cowboy hat, beach tote and a pair of flips; perfect for a beach holiday.

What to pay: Hat $108, Beach Tote $95 and the flips were $38.

Maui Divers Jewelers: Nice Tropical Themed Jewelry

by cjg1 Updated Mar 8, 2013

Maui Divers is one of the largest jewelry retailer in Hawaii with shops spread across the islands. They specialize in Hawaiian themed jewelry and have a large selection of rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings. My wife and I first visited their shop at the Sheraton in Waikiki but really weren't thrilled with the pushiness of thesales person.

When were were in the Whalers Village, I suggested my wife go into their store and see if she fared better than the Waikiki store. We were immediately greeted by Juanita, who was so nice and friendly. My wife and her immediately got into conversation over her Michael Kors bag. I knew my wife had something in mind from this store but had no idea until she asked Juanita to see a White Gold Plumeria Pendant from the display case. Judging by the look in my wife's eyes; I knew she loved it. It is a simple design with a diamond in the center of the flower; my wife likes things that are simple and elegant; not flashy, so this was definitely her style.

Juanita found several white gold chains to try with the pendant and my wife chose a white gold "Sparkle" chain (their name for it). Once the chain and pendant were on her neck, I was telling Juanita that we'll take it. The pendant looks so nice on my wife and I knew she loved it. Bonus for me, they were running a sale and the pendant was reduced by 30%; not bad at all.

We also had a free gift with our purchase. Juanita took my wife over to a tank filled with Oysters where she was to pick an Oyster out and see what was inside. My wife fished out an oyster with a pair of tongs and Juanita open the shell. Inside was a beautiful black pearl with a hint of purple to it. Juanita told us it was an unusual color and she normally didn't see that type coming out of their oysters. My wife was happy with her pearl and Juanita explained she would drill the hole in it so when she wanted to have it put in a setting it was ready to go.

We spent quite some time here talking with Juanita; my wife and her really hit it off. After all was said and done we left with a new necklace around my wife's neck and a pearl to set in the future. I was very happy with the customer service here and the quality of the merchandise. We will definitely return here and hopefull Juanita will sell us another beautiful piece of jewelry.

Variety of Necklaces and Earrings
    • Beaches

• cjg1's Profile Photo

ABC Stores: Everything you can need or want....

by cjg1 Updated Mar 8, 2013

ABC Stores are located all over Oahu, Maui and Kona. You can't walk down a block without hitting a store or several stores. The stores range from small shops to large department sized stores. Everything you could want to buy are in these stores: food items, alcohol, souvenirs, clothing, makeup, toiletries, sun block, beach towels, candy, picture frames, beach coolers, hats and more. The prices here are very affordable so it is the perfect place to pick up some cheap souvenirs for the people back home.

During our trips we always find ourselves here picking up some souvenirs and gifts for the people back home. Our last trip to Hawaii brought us to various stores in Waikiki, Kona and Lahaina. It is important to save your receipts. ABC has a rewards program that entitles you to free gifts depending on the total amount of your receipts. Our last trip we saved all of our receipts from Oahu, Kona and Maui and were given a tote bag, insulated cooler bag and a large bag on wheels for free.

**ABC is definitely a bargain store. No items will "break the bank" or budget. It's also a great place to buy the souvenirs for the people back home without spending a fortune.**

What to buy: While in Maui we bought several items at the ABC Stores: some childrens books for our nephew, some tote bags, magnets, tee shirts and an insulated cooler.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Shops at Wailea: Shops at Wailea

by Roadquill Written Dec 7, 2012

Wailea is predominately a few resorts, e.g. Four Seasons, Grand Wailea, Condos of Ekahi, but in between the developers slipped in the Shops at Wailea. Mostly high end shops like Rolex, Tiffany's, some high end jewelry shops, several art galleries including one the specializes in pieces done by celebrities....They are very friendly, but became suspicious when I told the folks at the Rolex store that the clasp on the wristband had stuck and it was impossible to open. I offered them all my pocket change, plus my pocket fluff.

Real Rolex or Not???
    • Photography

• H-TownJourneyman's Profile Photo

Queen Ka'ahumanu Center: Nice Shopping Mall In Kahului

by H-TownJourneyman Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Queen Ka'ahumanu Center, named in honor of the wife of King Kamehameha I, is not unlike most American shopping malls. Here you will find big department stores like Macy's and Sears. There are countless apparel, jewelry, and electronic stores, and there is a multi-screen cinema within the complex. And of course, the mall has a large food court with several fast food establishments. Nothing out of the ordinary in regards to this. But the mall's design is what DOES stand out amongst other malls on the mainland U.S. Like a lot of places on the islands, this mall is open-air, and even has a view of the West Maui mountains. If you are in the vicinity of the airport, and in need of a shopping mall fix, this is your best option!

Queen Ka'ahumanu Center
    • Beaches
    • Adventure Travel
    • Water Sports

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Long's Drugs: The place for souvenirs and other things

by BLewJay Updated Apr 4, 2011

The tour company with whom we booked our vacation (GoGo Travel) provided us with a free breakfast at Longhi's. One of the tips provided to us talked about places to shop.

Since Maui is a tourist destination, you and your money can be separted very quickly...what you buy may not be the best quality. The surprising news is that you can find many items at great prices by shopping at Long's Drugs.

What to buy: You can purchase Hawaiian shirts, lotion, macadamia nuts, candles, glasses, food, drinks, etc.

What to pay: Depends on what you buy, but you can save tons of money and get good quality stuff.

• spartan's Profile Photo

Long's Drugs: Tip from a local

by spartan Updated Apr 4, 2011

While eating a delicious breakfast at Longhi's Restaurant, we were told that the best place to buy souvenirs, knick-knacks, etc. while saving money was at Long's Drugs.

What to buy: Macadamia Nuts, Hawaiian Shirts, lotion, etc.

What to pay: Better quality products and less than what you would pay at other tourist areas.

• Maui Rainbows 808-667.6967: Don't buy Jewelry from here

by FPCanadian Written Dec 28, 2009

Nice looking jewelry, but not well made - When the gemstones fell out of the ring I purchased, they refused to stand behind the product and were quite rude

What to buy: nothing from this store in Whaler's village

What to pay: they will negotiate quite quickly on price, but no amount is worth defective merchandise

• keida84's Profile Photo

Westside Copy & Graphics: Surf the internet & get checked in for your flight

by keida84 Written Jul 31, 2007

Westside Copy & Graphics is a shipping, photocopying and internet access store up in Kaanapalii (Lahaina). I needed to check in online with the airlines and then print our boarding passes for our return trip home. Most of the internet access places I found did not have the capability to print our boarding passes.

I had a problem with one of their printers not working and the lady behind the counter had to set me up on another computer and did not charge me for the time I spent trying to get the computer to interface with the printer.

What to pay: The charges vary for internet usage depending on how much time you spend using it; anything you printed was .50 per page.

The internet charges were a bit high but hey this is Maui where everything is a bit more costly.

• Business Travel
    • Women's Travel

• Dabs's Profile Photo

ABC Stores: Souvenir shopping

by Dabs Written Jul 29, 2007

I don't know if they are necessarily always the cheapest but it's an easy place to buy most of your souvenirs at one time at fairly reasonable prices. They are all over Maui.

What to buy: I bought tshirts, a dancing hula girl for my husband's trinket collection and a Christmas ornament. You can stock up on a variety of products made with macadamia nuts which always make good souvenirs.

Maui Hotels

5 Reviews - 19 Photos
Mauna Loa Hotels
5 Hotels

Instant Answers: Maui

Comments

Maui Shopping

Reviews and photos of Maui shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Maui sightseeing.
Map of Maui