Stores, Malls or Markets in Maui

by Gypsystravels

Most Viewed Shopping in Maui

ABC stores of Hawaii: Souvenirs.... Inexpensive

by keida84 Written Feb 5, 2005

One of my favorite places to haunt while in the islands is the ABC stores of Hawaii.

The stores can be found just about every corner depending on what town you are in.

ABC stores are like 7-11's, Circle K's, Turkey Hill's, and Wa Wa's, as they carry various snacks, sodas, water and juices.

They also carry sundry items such as sunscreen, film, sand mats, and first aid supplies.

But what I really like about the ABC stores is the wide assortment of gifts and souvenirs at very low prices.

What to buy: Pareaus (Pareos). These can be long or short pieces of fabric which can be worn as a skirt, a dress, or as a swimsuit cover up. They come in various colors and patterns. At the ABC stores you can sometimes find them for as low as five dollars apiece.

Coconut syrup. I bring back at least four bottles for pancakes, waffles, and French toast.

Coffee. ABC stores carry bags and bags of Hawaiian coffee. One of our personal favorites is "Lion Brand" the cup that roars.

Purple Gum. Choward's Scented Gum. This is an acquired taste. You either love it or you hate it. It is violet scented gum.

Aloe Vera Gel. This is great for sunburns and wind chapped skin.

• keida84's Profile Photo

Ah Fooks Supermarket: Ah Fooks!

by keida84 Updated Jul 26, 2007

We originally saw "Ah Fooks" on our honeymoon in 1993. We quickly took a picture and drove away. When we returned this past May 2004, we were determined to find "Ah Fooks" again. In 2007 we did find Ah Fooks but it had moved to a smaller building. Perhaps with all the big grocery stores moving in to the area there is too much competition. Nevertheless one can still find items moderately priced here in Ah Fooks.

What to buy: We bought some local fruit and local juices as well as bread and milk and locally made yogurts in flavors like Lychee, Guava, and pappya.

What to pay: Very reasonable pricing on most foods especially fruits and vegetables.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Maui Water Wear: Everything you need for fun in the sun!

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 20, 2013

I was looking to add to my collection of bathing suits and this place seemed to have a huge selection of them. They also carry a nice selection of cover-ups, hats, beach attire, flips and other beach related items.

I walked in and perused the many racks looking for the right bathing suit and cover up and after trying on a few picked up a nice bikini that fit me perfectly.

Prices can be a little steep, but hey, you're in Maui.

What to buy: Anything and everything beach, I purchased a nice bikini at a reasonable price.

What to pay: The bikini was $109

Whaler's General Store: Island gifts and trinkets to take back home

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 20, 2013

This is a very large department-like store that carries every thing you could possible need, want or desire. They have a large selection of food items, clothing, Hawaiian inspired trinkets, beach attire, books, t-shirts, frames, mugs, you name it.

Ferni and I were in search for a frame for one of our photos as well as a few items including macadamia nuts, a book for Leo (which I found) and a stuffed bear, a shot glass for Ferni and a baseball cap for me.

What to buy: We bought a few items here including a children's book for Leo as well as a stuffed bear, a mug and shot glass, a beautiful photo frame, some coffee and macadamia nuts as well as some drinks and water. As a present for our purchase we received a nice enviromentally friendly shopping bag.

What to pay: Prices varied depending on items but I found prices to be reasonble.

Cache: Women's clothing and accessories

by Gypsystravels Updated Dec 22, 2009

Cache is another women's apparel shop that you can find in most shopping centers throughout the US. They carry a nice selection of women's clothing like dressy party tops, dresses, pants and formal wear. They also carry a nice selection of jewelry and accessories.

I occassionaly will purchase something that really catches my eye and during our trip to Maui I was looking for a summery evening dress. The sales women was very helpful trying to help me find exactly what I was looking for which I did find. The dress was on sale for about $69 and was a perfect fit.

What to buy: Women's clothing and accessories

What to pay: Quite reasonbly priced

Tori Richards: Island inspired clothing

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 20, 2013

Tori Richard's is a Hawaiian line of upper end clothing which I would categorize as leisure resort wear. They have a nice selection of men's clothing as well as women's clothing that typifies island wear.

Their clothing is made very well with fine materials and designs that evoke the free spirit of being on holiday. I love their clothing and during our visit Ferni and I walked in to see if we could find him a short sleeved shirt, but to my dismay he didn't like any that were on display. We continued to look around and left empty handed. I am hoping that during our next visit their selection (color and design) are more to Ferni's liking.

What to buy: They carry a decent selection of long and short sleeve dress shirts, polos, sweaters, slacks, dress shorts and pants as well as other island accessories.

What to pay: Depending on the item, the prices can range from inexpensive to expensive. Dress shirts can start anywhere from $114 depending on the blend.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

White House Black Market: Okay, nothing exceptional!!

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 20, 2013

This is yet another line of women's clothing that you can find in almost every single shopping center throughout the US.

The store carries a nice selection of white and black clothing and accessories for women including casual smart wear and nice "party" dresses. I like the fact that you don't have to spend too much money on a nice evening, cocktail or party dress and still look like you did.

During my visit to Maui I stopped in to see if there was anything I could find here that wasn't in any of the other locations near my home and to my disappointment they had the exact same items.

I did find a nice piece of costume jewelry to go with the dress I purchased at Cache!

What to buy: Women's clothing ranging from smart evening wear, dresses, blouses, skirts, tops as well as shoes, purses and accessories.

What to pay: Their prices are reasonable, most dresses can cost about $168, but if you come by during one of their sales, you can score a nice party dress for next to nothing ($49, even $29).

Maui Divers Jewelers: Nice Tropical Themed Jewelry

by cjg1 Updated Mar 8, 2013

Maui Divers is one of the largest jewelry retailer in Hawaii with shops spread across the islands. They specialize in Hawaiian themed jewelry and have a large selection of rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings. My wife and I first visited their shop at the Sheraton in Waikiki but really weren't thrilled with the pushiness of thesales person.

When were were in the Whalers Village, I suggested my wife go into their store and see if she fared better than the Waikiki store. We were immediately greeted by Juanita, who was so nice and friendly. My wife and her immediately got into conversation over her Michael Kors bag. I knew my wife had something in mind from this store but had no idea until she asked Juanita to see a White Gold Plumeria Pendant from the display case. Judging by the look in my wife's eyes; I knew she loved it. It is a simple design with a diamond in the center of the flower; my wife likes things that are simple and elegant; not flashy, so this was definitely her style.

Juanita found several white gold chains to try with the pendant and my wife chose a white gold "Sparkle" chain (their name for it). Once the chain and pendant were on her neck, I was telling Juanita that we'll take it. The pendant looks so nice on my wife and I knew she loved it. Bonus for me, they were running a sale and the pendant was reduced by 30%; not bad at all.

We also had a free gift with our purchase. Juanita took my wife over to a tank filled with Oysters where she was to pick an Oyster out and see what was inside. My wife fished out an oyster with a pair of tongs and Juanita open the shell. Inside was a beautiful black pearl with a hint of purple to it. Juanita told us it was an unusual color and she normally didn't see that type coming out of their oysters. My wife was happy with her pearl and Juanita explained she would drill the hole in it so when she wanted to have it put in a setting it was ready to go.

We spent quite some time here talking with Juanita; my wife and her really hit it off. After all was said and done we left with a new necklace around my wife's neck and a pearl to set in the future. I was very happy with the customer service here and the quality of the merchandise. We will definitely return here and hopefull Juanita will sell us another beautiful piece of jewelry.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

ABC Stores: Everything you can need or want....

by cjg1 Updated Mar 8, 2013

ABC Stores are located all over Oahu, Maui and Kona. You can't walk down a block without hitting a store or several stores. The stores range from small shops to large department sized stores. Everything you could want to buy are in these stores: food items, alcohol, souvenirs, clothing, makeup, toiletries, sun block, beach towels, candy, picture frames, beach coolers, hats and more. The prices here are very affordable so it is the perfect place to pick up some cheap souvenirs for the people back home.

During our trips we always find ourselves here picking up some souvenirs and gifts for the people back home. Our last trip to Hawaii brought us to various stores in Waikiki, Kona and Lahaina. It is important to save your receipts. ABC has a rewards program that entitles you to free gifts depending on the total amount of your receipts. Our last trip we saved all of our receipts from Oahu, Kona and Maui and were given a tote bag, insulated cooler bag and a large bag on wheels for free.

**ABC is definitely a bargain store. No items will "break the bank" or budget. It's also a great place to buy the souvenirs for the people back home without spending a fortune.**

What to buy: While in Maui we bought several items at the ABC Stores: some childrens books for our nephew, some tote bags, magnets, tee shirts and an insulated cooler.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

ABC Stores: Store with about anything you want or may need

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 20, 2013

ABC Stores are found throughout the Hawaiian Islands and is a good place to find all those things Hawaiian. They have a nice selection of t-shirts, towels, shorts, jewelry, mugs, picture frames, tote bags, hats and caps, flip-flops, beach itesm like sun lotion and sun block, toiletries, food, water, drinks, and a host of other misc. items.

I find that many of the items here at the ABC store are quite inexpensive.

What to buy: I have purchased everyting from towels to picture frames to t-shirts for Leo, a pair of swim trunks for Ferni, water, sun tan lotion, goodies like macadamia nuts, coffee, a mug and a beach bag as well as a beach cooler.

What to pay: Inexpesive

The Shops at Wailea: Wide variety of desinger and high end shopping

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 20, 2013

The Shops at Wailea are a high end open courtyard shopping center located right next door to the Marriott where we were staying. They shopping center has a nice selection of designer shops as well as other shops you can find in any shopping center across the US. They also have a few other shops where you can find local items as well as jewelry, beach attire, trinkets and gifts to take back home as well as grabbing something to eat.

Ferni and I spent some time walking around the shops going in some of my favorite, shopping for some trinkets to take back home as well as shopping for some beach attire.

We also spent some time here at Longhi's were we had breakfast one day, dinner another and on our last night, a few drinks at the bar.

What to buy: You can find all sorts of items here

What to pay: Various price ranges from inexpensive to expensive

Westside Copy & Graphics: Surf the internet & get checked in for your flight

by keida84 Written Jul 31, 2007

Westside Copy & Graphics is a shipping, photocopying and internet access store up in Kaanapalii (Lahaina). I needed to check in online with the airlines and then print our boarding passes for our return trip home. Most of the internet access places I found did not have the capability to print our boarding passes.

I had a problem with one of their printers not working and the lady behind the counter had to set me up on another computer and did not charge me for the time I spent trying to get the computer to interface with the printer.

What to pay: The charges vary for internet usage depending on how much time you spend using it; anything you printed was .50 per page.

The internet charges were a bit high but hey this is Maui where everything is a bit more costly.

• Business Travel
    • Women's Travel

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Whalers General Store: A Bit of Everything....

by cjg1 Updated Aug 2, 2013

Whaler's General Store has everything you could want or need under one roof. They carry local crafts, Hawaiian Souvenirs and gifts, snacks, liquor, sunscreen, candy, jewelry, toys, books, etc. My wife and I found ourselves exploring this shop on Front Street during our stop in Lahaina.

They have a nice selection of souvenir items that are nicely constructed and not cheap looking as they can be at other stores. My wife and I found a tin of Macadamia Nut Cookies that had a picture of a Dog and Cat on the cannister that read, "Maholo for Watching our Pets". This became a perfect gift for our friend Lydia back home who was watching our Kitty Stevie while we were away.

• Albernfrau's Profile Photo

Queen Kaahumanu Centre: Queen Kaahumanu Centre - Best Mall

by Albernfrau Updated Apr 24, 2006

This mall is the best in Maui. It has an incredible amount of shops (over 100), the islands only department stores and has a great feeling because the roof isn't enclosed. You actually get to see the sun and limited sky while you shop. Farmer's Market Tues., Wed., and Fri 8am - 4pm. This is a great place to go if you are killing some time before having to get to the airport.

Mall Hours:
    Mon to Sat: 9:30 am - 9:00 pm
    Sun: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

• amambaw's Profile Photo

Hilo Hattie's: Hawaiiana Galore

by amambaw Written Jan 31, 2005

Hilo Hattie's is a chain of shops that are located all over the United States, but are truly at home in Hawaii. The shops specialize in all things Hawaiian: flower print shirts, shell jewellery, Kona coffee, macadamia nuts, and so on.

Upon arrival, we were offered shell necklaces and were greeted with a friendly 'Aloha' from the attendant at the front door. We were then free to browse through to our heart's content!

What to buy: Some of the most popular things to buy in Maui seemed to be: Macademia nuts, tropical fruit, Kona coffee, flower print clothing (shirts, dresses, sarongs, shorts, skirts, etc.), shell necklaces, coral and pearl jewellery, and Hawaiian trinkets (think of the little Hula girls you see on dashboards back home).

All of these are available at Hilo Hattie's, so instead of spending your time searching for a particular item, try here first!

What to pay: This shop was much better priced than most of the tourist shops that we visited in Lahaina. I bought 3 sarongs for $15 USD, and Jesse bought a great Hawaiian print shirt for about $30 USD. Expect to find cheaper prices here than at any of the little shops in Lahaina.

• Study Abroad

1 Review - 4 Photos
Haleakala National Park Hotels
49 Reviews - 161 Photos

Instant Answers: Maui

Comments

Maui Shopping

Reviews and photos of Maui shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Maui sightseeing.
Map of Maui