Maui Diver's, Maui

Know about this? Rate It!

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Maui Divers Jewelers: Nice Tropical Themed Jewelry

by cjg1 Updated Mar 8, 2013

Variety of Necklaces and Earrings

Maui Divers is one of the largest jewelry retailer in Hawaii with shops spread across the islands. They specialize in Hawaiian themed jewelry and have a large selection of rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings. My wife and I first visited their shop at the Sheraton in Waikiki but really weren't thrilled with the pushiness of thesales person.

When were were in the Whalers Village, I suggested my wife go into their store and see if she fared better than the Waikiki store. We were immediately greeted by Juanita, who was so nice and friendly. My wife and her immediately got into conversation over her Michael Kors bag. I knew my wife had something in mind from this store but had no idea until she asked Juanita to see a White Gold Plumeria Pendant from the display case. Judging by the look in my wife's eyes; I knew she loved it. It is a simple design with a diamond in the center of the flower; my wife likes things that are simple and elegant; not flashy, so this was definitely her style.

Juanita found several white gold chains to try with the pendant and my wife chose a white gold "Sparkle" chain (their name for it). Once the chain and pendant were on her neck, I was telling Juanita that we'll take it. The pendant looks so nice on my wife and I knew she loved it. Bonus for me, they were running a sale and the pendant was reduced by 30%; not bad at all.

We also had a free gift with our purchase. Juanita took my wife over to a tank filled with Oysters where she was to pick an Oyster out and see what was inside. My wife fished out an oyster with a pair of tongs and Juanita open the shell. Inside was a beautiful black pearl with a hint of purple to it. Juanita told us it was an unusual color and she normally didn't see that type coming out of their oysters. My wife was happy with her pearl and Juanita explained she would drill the hole in it so when she wanted to have it put in a setting it was ready to go.

We spent quite some time here talking with Juanita; my wife and her really hit it off. After all was said and done we left with a new necklace around my wife's neck and a pearl to set in the future. I was very happy with the customer service here and the quality of the merchandise. We will definitely return here and hopefull Juanita will sell us another beautiful piece of jewelry.

• Beaches