Haleiwa Favorites

by ATXtraveler

Most Recent Favorites in Haleiwa

• Save some money

by dpanke Written Aug 9, 2007

Favorite thing: I would go in late November. The waves are getting really big and you still miss the crowds.
    I would also definitely hike the Wimea Valley and if the Cliff Divers are still there it is an awsome sight.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Colourful Skies at Sunset

by aussiedoug Written Apr 30, 2005

Sunset at Haleiwa

Favorite thing: After watching the sun gradually going down from Waimea Bay down to Haleiwa, it was our pleasure to see the last bits of it shed it's beautiful colours as we sat down at our table at Jamieson's by the Sea.

Fondest memory: Enjoying those sights with my family helped make our trip to Oahu something special with memories such as this one, & beautiful accompanying images, ensuring it will always stay with me.

If you go to Haleiwa & the North Shore of Oahu make sure you find a comfy & lovely spot to relax & soak up the magical effects of a beautiful sunset.

• Beaches

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Headed to North Shore? Ask Claudia!

by ATXtraveler Written Jul 29, 2004

courtesy of claudiaferrari.com

Favorite thing: If you are headed to Halewia, one of the sites that was VERY helpful to me is Claudia Ferrari's site. I believe she is a professional surfer, and she has a very informative website that can not be beat!

Fondest memory: hawaii@claudiaferrari.com

• North Shore

by hollyday Updated May 15, 2004

Favorite thing: If you fancy getting away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki, rent a car and head to the North Shore. In less than an hour you will find yourself in the small town of Haleiwa.

This town is a lovely place to stop and explore for a little while and delve into a bit of the surfer culture.

The shopping is more interesting on this side of the island and the beaches are less crowded and well worth visiting.

I was here at the wrong time of year to see the big 30ft waves that roll into the beaches but I would imagine that over the winter months, the town would be full to bursting and not quite the sleepy village I encountered on a quiet May morning .

Fondest memory: I just had to try the famous Matsumoso (?) Shaved Ice while I was here
    I have to confess though, I prefer good old hokey pokey icecream.

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo

Visit all the little stores..

by Sweetberry1 Updated Aug 12, 2003

Township Sign..

Favorite thing: Visit all the little stores here, they are quite unique, and very interesting. And the people that run them are very friendly, and full of great information.

Fondest memory: Everthing in this place is a fond memory.. I loved it all ;-)

• A great place to sit back and relax

by CoconutGirl808 Written Feb 12, 2003

Favorite thing: The best thing about Haleiwa is that it is very laid back...it is a small town, and if you're not paying attention while driving through it, you might just miss it. The very reason that I love the town is because everyone is so close. Almost everyone knows each other, and it feels so nice to hang out with friends, and just talk story.

Fondest memory: My most fondest memory of Haleiwa is the Hanapa`a. It is an annual fishing tournament that my grandparents join every year. People from all around the island, and some other islands go to Haleiwa to go big game fishing...it lasts for three days, and at the end of every day crowds gather around Haleiwa Harbor, on Haleiwa Beach Road to watch the boat captains weigh in their fish. That is one of the times that families get together to hang out and have fun.

Instant Answers: Haleiwa

Comments

Haleiwa Favorites

Reviews and photos of Haleiwa favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Haleiwa sightseeing.