Haleiwa Off The Beaten Path

• Don't forget to sign your name on the truck!
    Don't forget to sign your name on the...
    Very organized
    by GracesTrips
    I couldn't photograph the whole menu!

Best Rated Off The Beaten Path in Haleiwa

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Swimming & Snorkelling in Paradise - Shark's Cove

by aussiedoug Written Jun 27, 2004

Dad & girls rock climbers

Don't really know if this belongs in "off the beaten path" as it's pretty easy to find on the main road north of Haleiwa, closer to Waimea than anywhere else.

Had just visited firstly Sunset Beach then Pipeline and we were wanting to have a late afternoon swim somewhere before heading back into Haleiwa for dinner.

So driving along the road we came upon this lovely little beach that looked ideal for both the girls & us to have a swim in. At that stage I didn't know it was called Shark's Cove. Might've had second thought if I had. LOL!

• Beaches

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Can you smell the Garlic?

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 2, 2007

Don't forget to sign your name on the truck!

So, I believe this is the best deal of the day! 12 pieces of shrimp and two scoops of rice all for $12! And, it's yummy! I couldn't resist ordering the Scampi but I had a bite of the lemon and butter shrimp and these are not fried but steamed/boiled - were actually sweeter! Don't miss out on the opportunity to have some Giovanni's! Located next to the Kahuku Sugar Mill (Highway 83).

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Better than any shave ice I ever had!

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 2, 2007

The line going in

You cannot miss the M. Matsumoto Grocery Store for their Shave (not Shaved) Ice. There is always a line (I think) unless the place is closed. So, the secret is that they put in a scoop of vanilla ice cream (upon request). The flavors available are unbelievable! I had Lychee and Melon, a small with ice cream and a plastic shave ice holder cost me $2.25. You can order your shave ice with beans. The Japanese like it with azuki beans and though I'm Japanese, I preferred the ice cream (because I'm a SoCal girl).
    Located at 66-087 Kamehameha Hwy. Haleiwa, Hawaii 96712 (On Oahu's North Shore)

• Hopkid's Profile Photo

Waimea Bay Beach Park

by Hopkid Written Nov 26, 2006

Just north of Haleiwa on Kam Highway is scenic Waimea Bay Beach Park. The large beach is set along the shore of this small bay. In the winter it gets the huge surf that the rest of the North Shore experiences but the waters are fairly calm from May through September. It's not a bad place to snorkel during this time and actually a pretty calm and quiet place, being a bit of a haul from the more convenient Waikiki Beach where most tourists stay. The park can get crowded with families on the weekends however,

Admission and parking is free. There is a grassy area between the parking lot and wide beach, picnic tables, showers, restrooms, and a life guard on duty daily. Stop in Chinatown and get some maunapua at Char Sung Hut and bring it for a picnic lunch!

To get there, drive north through Haleiwa on Kamehameha Highway (State Highway 83) and go approximately 3 miles. The parking lot entrance will be on the left.

Instant Answers: Haleiwa

Comments

Haleiwa Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Haleiwa off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Haleiwa sightseeing.