HardRock Cafe, Honolulu

by Ole_B
    bar at Honolulu's Hard Rock Cafe
    by b1bob
  • greenCoral's Profile Photo

HardRock Cafe: Why would you go here????

by greenCoral Written Mar 24, 2005

I am still mad about going here. It was not my choice, but the group we were with wanted to go....so we did and it was not good. First of all Why would anybody go to HRC in Hawaii when there are other restaurants that are much much better? I don't know...

• HardRock Cafe: Dinner at the Hardrock

by hollyday Written May 15, 2004

The main reason we ended up here was because I have formed the habit of buying Hardrock Cafe coffee mugs so I just had to make the effort to walk here. When I say effort I mean it. This restaurant is located a long way from all the other attractions of Waikiki and no doubt, only the committed make it this far.

We decided to have dinner here as it was getting quite late so we took a table. I ordered the Hardrock Hurricane and struggled to get through it by the time we were ready to leave ( about an hour or more later)

I enjoyed my pasta meal but hubby wasn't overly impressed with his choice. It is amazing how different American culture is to New Zealand culture and ordering from menus can be quite complicated it seems.

The service was great, the atmosphere was good and the Hurricane kept a smile on my face the rest of the night. I even got to keep the glass as a memento.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe, Honolulu, HI: Hard times at the Hard Rock

by b1bob Updated Dec 13, 2003

bar at Honolulu's Hard Rock Cafe

On returning to the hotel, we decided where to take lunch. My brother was chomping at the bit to take lunch at Hard Rock Cafe and he would sure enough have pitched a hissy if we didn't grant him this whim. I personally favoured choosing a restaurant closer to the hotel so we could get an early start on the beach. Of course, my parents gave into His Royal Highness. Mrs. Graves, Holly, Kim, Denise, and Pam went too. We walked an untold number of blocks from the hotel to the Hard Rock Cafe. I have to admit I'm glad I went along too because we found a shop that sold a whole bunch of Hawaii key chains cheap (59¢ each) for Javier's Christmas collection. I would have bought even more but His Royal Highness was hungry, impatient, and in a foul mood (that is to say- normal). However, I took care to rattle his cage by purchasing one more key chain at the last minute. On arriving at Hard Rock Cafe, there wasn't a free table. Therefore, we had to wait at the bar. I was very thirsty after the long, hot walk (a refreshing change after the wintry weather south of the equator). Although I swore off all adult beverage after an especially hairy last night at university in which I took an untold number of rum and Coca-Cola, I wanted to try a Mai Tai. I figured with all that fruit, sugar, and decoration- how much alcohol could there be anyhow? I had a big hamburger with nothing but meat and bun because I didn't trust then (and don't now) restaurants not to put mayonnaise on my hamburger. The concept of meat and bun is hard to screw up. I had a lot of chips too. The food was right good (though not outstanding). The majority of the outrageous price goes to the atmosphere that makes this look like the rock 'n roll hall of fame.

Favorite Dish: Burger and fries done the right way

• depresno's Profile Photo

Well, its not my favourite,...

by depresno Written Sep 12, 2002

Well, its not my favourite, but I've always enjoyed the Hard Rock Cafe's. Their burgers are always great.
    The decoration are always admirable, but here you see Elvis Presley's old car hanging over the bar.

Instant Answers: Honolulu