Germaine's Luau, Honolulu

by slabeaume
  • tuoedisni1's Profile Photo

Germaine's Luau

by tuoedisni1 Written Oct 22, 2005

Free Drinks included? I'm there!
    I looked a few different Luau options and this was by far the best. If I remember correctly, the price included 3 drinks- not something all offer. This, with the great food, an even better show and beautiful location made for one of the best nights in Honolulu!
    Make sure to look for their coupon in the Entertainment book.

• Germaine's Luau

by mrandmrsdevlin Written Aug 18, 2005

This Luau was super commercial and felt a lot like a vegas show, but it was so much fun! They did a good job of creating a somewhat intimate feel, and encouraged a lot of interaction with others around you.
    They served all authentic Hawaiian food which was pretty good, although the traditional ground-roasted pig was super salty!!!
    Glad we went, and would go again especially if we were taking our children.

Meeting our table-mates!

• slabeaume's Profile Photo

Germaine's Luau

by slabeaume Updated Aug 4, 2003

At least for all first time visitors---go to a luau. Some people really talk up the Polynesian Cultural Center. We didn't make it there, but we did go to and really enjoy Germaine's Luau. We went here with a tour. The driver and guide made the ride fun with sing-a-longs and stories. Once we got there, there was someone to greet us and give us a shell leie, then take our picture (which they offered to sell to you on the bus ride back to WAikiki). There was about 30 minutes or so of free time then to wonder around before the ceremony of the luau started. Germaine's luau is an American-Hawaiian buffet. It begins with an interesting ceremonial unearthing of the roasted pig and honoring of the ancient Gods. THen, the pork was added to the buffet and everyone helped themselves. Included in the buffet is: the Kalua Pig (Roasted Pig), Poi (Taro Potato), Haupia (Coconut Pudding), Chicken Long Rice, Lomilomi Salmon, Fresh Pineapple, Island Fish, Rice, Vanilla Coconut Cake, Teriyaki Beef, Pineapple, Coleslaw, Chocolate Cake, Fried Chicken, Three Bean Salad, Tossed Green Salad, and Dinner Rolls. I enjoyed trying the Hawaiian foods. The roasted pig was very good. The poi---well, ... . But there was enough other food that I found plenty that I liked.
    The highlight of the evening was watching and learning about the dances of the Pacific. The dances and costumes of the Hawaii, Samoa, and Tahiti dances were beautiful. Germaine's Luau dancers were outstanding. They also put a lot of humor in the show by drawing people from the audience up to dance.

The only real disappointment to me was that it was advertised as being right on the beach. I was expecting to be able to sit on the beach, but the beach was roped off. But it was still an evening of enjoyment.

hula dancer

Instant Answers: Honolulu

Comments

Hotels Near Germaine's Luau
4.0 out of 5 stars