Package Deals or Steals!, Honolulu

Car break ins!
    by csordila

Know about this?

• csordila's Profile Photo

Don't leave anything in your car!

by csordila Written Dec 7, 2011

Never leaves any value in your car. Thieves are watching for tourists-cars and are waiting until they are out of sight and in less than a minutes they will have broken into your car taking
    off all your valuables.
    I have heard that an old lady has stopped at a lookout to take a photo, and saw a group of tourists park their car, open the trunk, and put their wallet and purses into the trunk. She told them to take those things with them because of the high risk of theft.

It may be a minor inconvenience to take your stuff with you when you're only stopping to take a photo or eat lunch, but compare that to having to deal with a lost pass, stolen credit cards, lost money and lost cameras with all your photos!

Unique Suggestions: If you have a hotel and are early for afternoon check in, or are sight-seeing before a late flight, the hotel will store your baggage for you. The airport ├╝nfortunately does not have any storage lockers available.

Money! Car break ins!
    • Adventure Travel

• When you go there, please do...

by j126j Written Sep 7, 2002

When you go there, please do not jump right into getting the first package you saw.... try to compare around before booking. I was too eager to fill my week with activities that I made the mistake of jumping right into a lousy package which ended wasting alot of my time waiting for the pick-up bus and waiting around for the rest of the hotel groups to join the bus. Due to that package, I've heard too much of the narratives that make me feels quite 'sick' with the Polynesia culture. So much so that it makes me think twice whether to go New Zealand or visit Tahiti. Don't get me wrong, the dances and stuffs are really nice but it's just that I had too much already and I don't think I want to hear about it for at least these few years.
    Actually, if you know how to drive; it would be best to rather book a car and travel around the island yourself than getting a tour package.

• Rental Cars......Before you...

by KristinaLMF Written Aug 24, 2002

Rental Cars......Before you even get to the Island your travel agent probably convinced you that you need to rent a car. Unless you want to drive around the island there is really no point in renting a car for the entire trip. Once you are in Waikiki you don't really need it. I would recommend that you wait until you get to the island and rent a car then if you want. Many people waste good money on a car and never use it.

Instant Answers: Honolulu