Know about this?
Pimps Up....Hoes Down
About the only "crime" you will run into while being in Hawaii. Also, on a particular night, there two pimps fighting in the middle of the street, and some of the prostitutes jumped in to help their pimp...it was hilarious!
Hookers, Hoes, and Waikiki
I have heard that Hawaii is a "paradise," and for the most part that may be true, but on my first trip to the island of Oahu, I did not expect to see more hookers in one square area in my lifetime than I had seen living in New York for over 30 years. I have even worked near the infamous "42 Street" where hookers and hoes usually hang out, but I have never seen so many at one time in one place. Be aware, especially if on a family vacation to Oahu and especially Waikiki, that hookers do come out after 10pm and hang out near main hotel areas near the beach.
Just like the hotels that line the area around the beach, these hookers (and sometimes their pimps) congregate where they feel they can get tourist business. Some stores stay open as late as 12am to accomodate tourists, and while shopping late I saw many hookers walking around looking for customers, even on a main street like Kalakaua Avenue. This is not what you expect in "paradise." And since the police station is located right on Kalakaua Avenue, I'm not exactly sure why the police seem to do nothing about the prostitution problem. It seems as if they have a "deal" worked out with them so that they only come out at night, not during the day when tourists are abundant and running around sightseeing.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Honolulu Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Laguna de Bay Hotels
- Baldeggersee Hotels
- Newburgh Hotels
- Fort Wayne Hotels
- Dutch Harbor
- Pick Pockets
- Bishkek Warnings and Dangers
- Gibraltar Warnings and Dangers
- Nogales Warnings and Dangers
- Pyramids of Giza Warnings and Dangers
- Kampala Warnings and Dangers
- Theft and scams
- Belarus Warnings and Dangers
- Rwanda Warnings and Dangers
- Pickpockets, Beggars, Crime and Scams
- Tagaytay Warnings and Dangers
- Ad Dammam Warnings and Dangers