Know about this?
Traffic is horrible in Honolulu. Be prepared to sit in traffic to get anywhere. This includes getting to the airport, so yourself plenty of time to get there (not that you'd be too upset to miss your flight - who wants to leave Hawaii? :)
Heavy Rush Hour traffic
Traffic can get very heavy, and down right ridiculous at times. Listen to the Traffic report with Danielle Tucker before you head out ... she'll tell you what highways are flowing smoothly, and where to avoid due to accidents or other traffic issues. (My station is KGMZ 107.9FM) Heaviest traffic hours are 6:30am - 9:00am and from 2:30pm - 7pm anywhere in the downtown area.
- Road Trip
- Business Travel
- Family Travel
Traffic! Traffic! Traffic! If...
Traffic! Traffic! Traffic! If you are driving around on Oahu, you WILL encounter: bumper to bumper cars; tourists unfamiliar with the area making quick lane changes or strange turns; crowded parking lots; LOTS of pedestrians; and road construction. Stay alert and don't be in a hurry. Remeber, you are not on the mainland. And drive with Aloha.....if someone needs in your lane, let them in. If someone looks confused, give them space. And a smile and a wave are always welcome there. Enjoy your trip SAFELY!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
Honolulu Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Anaheim Hotels
- Olongapo City Hotels
- North America
- Lusaka Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Lloret de Mar
- Mamallapuram Hotels
- Singapore Warnings and Dangers
- Ko Samui Warnings and Dangers
- Kuala Lumpur Warnings and Dangers
- Ukraine Warnings and Dangers
- Lisbon Warnings and Dangers
- Romania Warnings and Dangers
- Jerusalem Warnings and Dangers
- San Juan Warnings and Dangers
- Penang Warnings and Dangers
- Barcelona Warnings and Dangers
- Atlantic City Warnings and Dangers
- Tahiti Warnings and Dangers