Cheese Burger in Paradise, Oahu

by scaleguy
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Cheeseburger in Paradise: Excellent Burgers in Paradise

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 28, 2015

It was a late night for us and we hadn't had a bite to eat, so on our way back to the hote, we stumbled upon this place. We had actually spotted the restaurant during our walks along Waikiki Beach and the restaurant was always crowded during the lunch hours, so we figured the food must be good.

The restaurant is quite nice with an "open" section facing Waikiki Beach. It serves mostly burgers as the name implys, but does have an assorted selection of other choices for those who aren't or didn't want burgers. I decided I was definitely having a burger while Ferni decided on the chicken strips (what a mistake).

We were seated in a table as soon as you enter the restaurant as all the tables facing the beach were occupied. We didn't mind as we were quite hungry and there for some grub. I looked over the menu and decided on the bacon cheese burger with onion rings and Ferni had the chicken strips with fries.

I loved my burger, it was cooked perfectly to my liking, juicy and delicious...the onion rings were good as well. My sweetie on the other hand did not like his chicken, he claimed it was too "undercooked" and not at all tasty, I didn't try his chicken but thought that he should have probably ordered a burger, which would have been a better choice.

I was quite happy with my meal and I would recommend that if you visit this place, stick with what they are known for, burgers :)

Favorite Dish: I ordered a bacon cheeseburger medium well which was quite juicy with onion fries. My love ordered the chicken strips and fries which he was quite dissappointed with. He had a few bites and decided to leave the rest and he said it didn't taste good at all :(

My bacon cheeseburger Chicken strips and chips The onion rings were good The interior
    • Beer Tasting

• Marilu33's Profile Photo

Cheeseburger in Paradise: Burgers With a Beach View

by Marilu33 Updated Jan 17, 2015

Cheeseburger in Paradise caters to the tourist crowd in Waikiki right on Kalakaua Avenue, the main beach drag in Waikiki. Located on a corner a block from McDonald's, the roofline harks back to the 60s. It is somewhat open air, with the walls open to the balmy outdoors. It has a sports type bar at the back with multiple big screens. The Billabong Masters surfing competition was one of the events showing on several screens when I was there.

The menu is targeted to the American tourist and less to authentic local food, with a nod to Hawaiian foods such as a fresh pineapple garnish and the Kalua Pork sandwich, which was my choice that day. Prices are on the higher end for Hamburgers, but the burgers are ample, nicely prepared and well presented. My Kalua pork sandwich was really, really good. The onion rings, which were described in the menu as being something unique in the world of onion rings were no different than others I have had, but were very good just the same. I saw most diners snap a photo of their food when it came, and I didn't resist that urge either.

I especially enjoyed gazing at the view of the beach and the passing crowds while I ate. This is a great stop if you want to immerse yourself in the touristy ambiance of Waikiki beach and enjoy a big yummy burger.

Favorite Dish: I had the Kalua Pork sandwich and would definitely chose it again, in fact I'm not sure I would ever get past it to try a burger. The meat was tender and flavorful and the sauce, slaw and bun enhanced the flavor of the meat perfectly. The onion rings were cooked just right but were nothing special or different than others I have eaten elsewhere.

Cheesburger in Paradise Restaurant Open air seating Sports bar showing surfing competiton View of the beach from my table Kalua pork sandwich,onion rings, pineapple garnish
    • Beaches

• scaleguy's Profile Photo

Cheeseburger In Paradise: Great location and always busy

by scaleguy Written Mar 13, 2013

I loved coming here. Centrally located across the street from the Waikiki beach it is a very convenient place to meet. No windows and all the ocean breezes you can handle. The staff are accommodating and portions are large.
    They have a monster burger challenge which my step son attempted and just couldn't finish. He tried hard for sure!

Favorite Dish: Anything that ends in beer!

Monster burger challenge OMG! Nope...just couldn't do it.
    • Beaches
    • Business Travel

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Cheese Burger Waikiki: Great Burgers!

by Nathalie_B Written Nov 3, 2007

Located on the corner of Ala Moana and Kalakaua this restaurant is very popular. No wonder! Their burgers are mouth-watering and very reasonably priced. Like almost everywhere on Oahu (I did have one bad experience) service was great and the food arrived very fast. Their margaritas are great and there’s also some beer selection.
    The fries very much remind the famous Belgian fries. And there’s one more unique thing to mention, this place would put many museums to shame. Nothing special, just some glasses, woodcrafts, clocks, paintings but all organized with a good taste.
    I’ve never seen this place closed, which makes me believe that they are open 24 hours, although I may be wrong. Breakfasts are served every morning and the restaurant is always packed between 7 am and about 11 am.
    Bottom line: if you want some tasty burger and great atmosphere you won’t be disappointed.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo

Cheeseburger in Paradise: Parrotheads Rejoice - Hawaiian Style

by KiKitC Updated Dec 6, 2005

Jimmy Buffett fans can't pass up visiting Cheeseburger in Paradise in Waikiki. Yep, they got cheeseburgers! Not just cheese on these giants! Anything and everything you could ever imagine put on a burger, you'll see it here. The restaurant is set up like a tiki bar/cafe. Vintage Hawaiian beach decor, and drinks to match!

Favorite Dish: The waiter either felt sorry for me (with this club of a cast on my hand from the accident) or had such fun watching me try to devour this huge burger with one hand, that he gave us a frozen fresh mango desert. Oh, Heaven!!!

Just head south on Waikiki beach...

• C_L_T's Profile Photo

Cheeseburger in Paradise: If you have to eat burgers...go here!!

by C_L_T Written Oct 3, 2004

If you have the urge to have some typical American food then head to this place because it lives up to its name! It is situated across the road from Waikiki Beach which some tables overlook and it also has a live band. It's just the latest in themed restaurants but it's fun!

Favorite Dish: There are so many possibilties its hard to choose, and it's not just burgers you have to pick from there are also sandwiches and salads...with vegetarian options aswell.

Instant Answers: Oahu