Chinese Restaurants, Oahu

by Lhenne1
  • VeronicaG's Profile Photo

P.F. Chang's: Chinese with a Flair

by VeronicaG Updated Jul 8, 2008

P.F.Chang's always pleases, so we made a point to dine here on Saturday night. A fine rain came up unexpectedly, but we used the Royal Hawaiian Center shops as a cover, which led directly to the restaurant's front door. Happily, the rain ceased as quickly as it had begun.

The two level, contemporary restaurant featured live music this evening--acoustic guitar played Hawaiian style. A modest outdoor dining area was available for those who wanted to people-watch. We were seated on the second floor at a table sheltered by a wide overhang, overlooking the busy sidewalks (pic #2). A cooling breeze drifted up to our aerie--it was so pleasant!

My favorite entree at Chang's is the Moo Goo Gai Pan with Chicken ($14.50). Jim chose the Ginger Chicken ($14.00) and our grandson opted for plain Chicken with Rice. We shared one order of Spring Roll ($4.00) and Jim and I each ordered a glass of Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio ($6.00 a glass).

I should mention here that my husband thought the music was a bit too loud and was grateful we were seated on the second floor.

P.F. Chang's Dining at PF Changs
    • Seniors
    • Singles

• Lhenne1's Profile Photo

Golden Palace Seafood: Dim Sum

by Lhenne1 Written Jun 5, 2008

I decided that Hawaii would be a good place to introduce my family to Dim Sum. Walking through China Town we found a nice place that was quite busy on a Tuesday mid-morning. We figured that was a good sign.

Before my mom could even sit down, 2 carts of Dim Sum had pulled up and women were asking what we wanted. My brother caught on quickly and just started pointing to things that looked good. He did well, I was proud.

The Dim Sum was good. I've had better in San Francisco, but this was a great place for the first-times I had with me. Service was quick and the carts refilled frequently and did multiple rounds. All Dim Sum dishes were $1.50, which was excellent and floored my brother.

Favorite Dish: The menu looked like the typical fare from a Chinese Restaurant, but we didn't see anyone wavering from the Dim Sum carts.

Golden Palace Seafood

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo

The Best Dim Sum on Oahu

by AKtravelers Written Nov 23, 2005

Kegends Sea Food in Honolulu's Chinatown is know far and wide as the best dim sum in Hawaii. In fact, the governor is known to head there for Sunday brunch. The dining room is always noisy and crowded -- it reminded me of Hong Kong -- but the food is great! Save room for the custard and mango deserts (yeah, you can have two!). Get there early on Sundays -- there is often a line.

A raucous dim  sum scene at Legends Sea Food
    • Business Travel

• Heidi_My's Profile Photo

The Helen Place: Try the Duck Noodle!!

by Heidi_My Written Jul 11, 2005

It is a very small restaurant and runs by a old couple migrated from Hong Kong. No renovation, no nice ambience, but serve very nice duck noodle.

Favorite Dish: Duck Noodle

Helen

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Numerous: Chinatown

by Jim_Eliason Written Dec 10, 2004

There is not much to see from a tourist perspective but Chinatown is a great place to get some good dim sum

Chinatown