Eggs and Thing's, Oahu

Eggs, Hash and Potatoes
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Eggs n Things (Express): Good Inexpensive Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Jul 22, 2014

Eggs n Things is a chain of restaurants with three locations in the Waikiki/Honolulu area. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. This location in particular is open daily with hours from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

My wife and I awoke early around 5am (our normal wake up time at home) and were starving. We knew Eggs and Things were right down the block from the Hyatt and opened early so we took showers, go dressed and headed over while it was still dark outside. It was a very short walk from our hotel; about five minutes.

Surprisingly even at opening(6am) the place was pretty crowded with diners. We got on line to look at the menu; placed our order with the cashier, paid and waited to be seated. I ordered the corned beef hash with eggs that came with a side of buttermilk pancakes, rice or potatoes; I chose potatoes. My wife ordered the waffle and a large POG juice.

Since it was very hot inside the restaurant we chose to have a table outside on the sidewalk. We had a seat and a few minutes later our server arrived with our table settings, assorted syrups and condiments and our beverages.

Our food came out quickly and was actually pretty good. I expected the hash to be canned and it was but it didn't detract from the meal. My wife enjoyed her waffle and loved that she had a variety of syrups to choose from especially the coconut and Guava(the maple syrup was the imitation kind..yuck). The POG juice was very good and even I liked sharing a sip or two. This was a good breakfast and I'd definitely return but only early in the a.m. as the lines get crazy come 7:30.

Waffle with Powdered Sugar POG Juice Eggs, Hash and Potatoes Liz and I enjoying Breakfast (January 2014) Guava, Maple & Coconut Syrups
    • Spa and Resort
    • Beaches

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Eggs N' Things: A nice surprise!

by Yaqui Written Apr 27, 2014

We tried eating somewhere new each night. This little restaurant sat up on the second floor. We sat on the balcony only because it was much cooler than inside the restaurant. Something to keep in mind while in Hawaii, because not everyone has aircondition. The service was awesome, the place was clean and the food was good. We enjoyed eating here very much. You get your monies worth here too.

• Work Abroad
    • Museum Visits

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Eggs n' things: Perfect breakfasts

by Nathalie_B Updated Nov 3, 2007

I’ve been to this place twice, and both times enjoyed the food very much. Already at 6 a.m. you’ll find yourself outside waiting for a table, this is how popular it is.
    One thing to mention, although it’s a typical American deli-style café, Eggs ‘n Things is extremely popular among Japanese tourists, while others hardly visit the place.
    Food, besides being delicious, is reasonably priced and served at no time.
    Visit Eggs ‘n Things for breakfast or branch, they close at 3pm sharp. The name of the café speaks for itself; their menu consists of eggs and pancakes in every possible shape, taste, and size. Freshly squeezed juices are great, and like in every American deli coffee never ends in your cup.
    Don’t be scared by the long line outside, it won’t take long before you get table and enjoy simple, yet delicious breakfast.

Bacon, spinach, and cheese sausage and tomatos

• Eggs and things: THE place to have breakfast

by dare2d4l Updated Dec 11, 2006

Oh man oh man......where to start? Abundant and delicious food, great waitress, open atmosphere. Everything is made fresh, from the light whip cream on your strawberry and nut waffle to the fresh POG (passionfruit, orange, and guava) drink. Beware of the lines however....they line up as soon as the store opens!

A little trick...there's no lines at the counter, so if you're by yourself, or you don't mind sitting on a stool....you can sit down right away!

Favorite Dish: Pancakes. The fluffiness and the lightness of it. I think they use the same batter as the bread on the red bean cake. Goes great with fresh coconut or guava syrup...yum!

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Eggs 'N Things: Specializing in pancakes, omelettes and crepes

by BLewJay Updated May 22, 2005

Eggs 'N Things has been open since 1974 and is not only a very popular hangout for the locals, but also tourists from around the world. Night owls and early morning fisherman can enjoy pancakes, waffles, omelets and crepes starting from 11:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.

They are often crowded but guarantee that no one is disappointed. No credit cards are accepted, so bring cash or travelers checks and parking is at a premium (so ask you hostess where to legally park your car so that it isn't towed).

Favorite Dish: LJ had the Macadamia Nut Pancakes (4 buttermilk pancakes topped with macadamia nuts) while I had the Link Sausage & Egg Dish (3 delicious buttermilk pancakes, 2 scrambled eggs and 4 sausage links) with cups of coffee.

Instant Answers: Oahu